Go to hell, Alabama! (and everyone else) (merged)

Even you have to admit that it won't last forever. People thought that USCw was on that path and now look at them, Texas too.

Enjoy it now cause you never know when the ride will stop - who knows your next coach might be named Dooley!

But in the land of the orange, not lasting forever sounds a lot like it's over, yesterday. Much like another realist who wrote many a timeless classic: "Rumors of Bama's demise have been greatly exaggerated."

But in the land of the orange, not lasting forever sounds a lot like it's over, yesterday. Much like another realist who wrote many a timeless classic: "Rumors of Bama's demise have been greatly exaggerated."

Don't get me wrong; there is a large difference between nothing last forever and you are on the backslide.

Right now Bama is king, as much as it pains men to say - but you know as well as I do that nothing lasts forever. I am sure there were plenty in the land of orange who thought the same during the mid late 90's - now look where we are.

At the end of the day time catches us all - and there will come a day when saban and co lose their edge or move on to something else. I only hope its sooner than later :hi:

Reactions: 1 person

A famous writer once said "The sun doesn't shine on the same dog's a$$ all the time." saban ain't gonna live forever. :no:

All border towns have a shocking amount of infiltration. Be careful of those wildcats, Knoxvillians.

You gotta go farther North for them like Scott Co or Claiborn Co. Knoxville and other counties not as close to the border probably have more Bama fans than Wildcat fans. But given the length of our border with Kentucky many of us have at least one family member or friend from Kentucky. The rivalry is different with them because we haven't taken basketball as seriously as football in years.

If Pearl hadn't been fired/weenie roasted, it would've been great for that rivalry for many reasons including his outsized personality but maybe will get there with Martin -- I dunno.

I do know I grew up with Bammer fans far away from the Bammer border. Y'all tend to migrate out of Bama -- and who can really blame you? :) They were a small contingent but they were there and we had a lot of fun teasing each other.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong; there is a large difference between nothing last forever and you are on the backslide.

Right now Bama is king, as much as it pains men to say - but you know as well as I do that nothing lasts forever. I am sure there were plenty in the land of orange who thought the same during the mid late 90's - now look where we are.

At the end of the day time catches us all - and there will come a day when saban and co lose their edge or move on to something else. I only hope its sooner than later :hi:

I dig your philosophy class today. We all go to funerals. In sports, it's best not to throw dirt on the champs until you are sure they've stopped breathing. See NY Knicks.

Dream and playstation threads? Is this a VN joke from before I started visiting the site, or do I just not "get it" as well as CBJ?

during the summer, there are threads where people literally will let the board know that they had a dream tennessee beat florida or alabama, etc.

it's also true with video games.

i played the alabama tennessee game with the lasest release of ncaa 14 and tennessee won 41-17.

with some posters, it carries some weight.

those threads are the best part of the summer.

that and the immediate aftermath of sec media days.

that's when the "various media outlets hate us" and "we are going to surprise some damn people" threads make an appearance.

when you see those threads, it's time to check on your tailgating supplies for the season

during the summer, there are threads where people literally will let the board know that they had a dream tennessee beat florida or alabama, etc.

i played the alabama tennessee game with the lasest release of ncaa 14 and tennessee won 41-17.

with some posters, it carries some weight.

those threads are the best part of the summer.

that and the immediate aftermath of sec media days.

that's when the "various media outlets hate us" and "we are going to surprise some damn people" threads make an appearance.

when you see those threads, it's time to check on your tailgating supplies for the season

Surprising damn people is always better than just surprising people..imo.

Oh, so you're just jealous. You coulda just said that to begin with.

I dig your philosophy class today. We all go to funerals. In sports, it's best not to throw dirt on the champs until you are sure they've stopped breathing. See NY Knicks.

You know as well as I do that football is a streaky sport. Your team does great and then it sucks. Alabama sucked big time before it was good. TN has sucked and it'll be good again.

Don't think your team will be on top much longer.

it's getting close to that time of year when the dream and playstation threads start popping up

well in that case i had a dream last night that i was playing playstation and beat alabama with the vols 41-17. After I woke up I started thinking to myself, "hey we are gonna surprise some damn people this year."

glad we got that out of the way

You know as well as I do that football is a streaky sport. Your team does great and then it sucks. Alabama sucked big time before it was good. TN has sucked and it'll be good again.

Don't think your team will be on top much longer.

So historically speaking, you haven't said anything. You attribute it to inexplicable time? Bama has never won 3 out of 4 NC, officially. Nothing in past times suggest they would do something that hadn't happened yet. So why not 4 out of 5? Why not 3 in a row?

nick_saban_clogging.gif

So historically speaking, you haven't said anything. You attribute it to inexplicable time? Bama has never won 3 out of 4 NC, officially. Nothing in past times suggest they would do something that hadn't happened yet. So why not 4 out of 5? Why not 3 in a row?

historically speaking, they will come a time where you beat the hell out of your dog just because your team got another TD scored on them. Just wait you'll see

As strange as it might sound to you, we really don't need that many reminders. But we appreciate the sentiment.

Don't you have some sleeping LSU fans to teabag or some trees to poison?

Here's one: how many times did Coach Bryant beat General Neyland in head to head competition?

Come back when you can count that high.

My father has a troublemaker of a cousin down in Tuscaloosa. Her husband is the head of cardiology at the medical school / hospital. She loves torturing him and irritating the faithful fans in the building by bringing him lunch wearing her UT track suit. Brave woman, proud to be related to her.

I look forward to the day Bama message boards complain that their kids are buying UT stuff from the Tuscaloosa Walmart at the rate my middle school students are buying Bama stuff just one county over from UT.

Oh boy, I hate em, cant stand em!!!!!!!! Even worse is all those fans who have come out of the woodworks the past year! Roll tide saying makes me cringe

VN Store

Back