Halloween Thread

Yes. Yes. Yes. I need another dog so I can make her wear this

71tIPvn0wmL._AC_SX569_.jpg

I've started putting some of my Halloween stuff up around the house. Mostly the cheaper hanging props that will be visible during the day, less so at night. Later I'll add a dozen Halloween blow molds for daytime and nightime interest. The light from them will also light up the hanging props much better. Then 2 weeks before Halloween I'll add the full size props in the yard. Finally, on Halloween night I'll add the zombie graveyard and the motorized props I've built.

Here is a little of what I've done the last 2 days

halloween courtyard 2.jpg

halloween garage.jpg
Skeleton walking his dog

halloween skeleton and dog.jpg

These cheaper hanging props are popular. Everybody sells them. Usually they are just a plastic or foam head with pool noodle arms that have wire in them so you can pose them, and cheap plastic hands. The body is usually just a wind sock that blows around. To make it look more realistic and to keep it from getting all twisted up when the wind blows I add pool noodle legs that I zip tie to the should frames. Then I bought the cheapest toy clown shoes I could find and zip tied them to the pool noodle legs. It looks more like a clown now and the additional weight and stiffness of the pool noodle legs keep the clown from getting all wrapped around the shepherds hook it's hanging on when it rains.

halloween clown 20.jpg

These cheaper hanging props are popular. Everybody sells them. Usually they are just a plastic or foam head with pool noodle arms that have wire in them so you can pose them, and cheap plastic hands. The body is usually just a wind sock that blows around. To make it look more realistic and to keep it from getting all twisted up when the wind blows I add pool noodle legs that I zip tie to the should frames. Then I bought the cheapest toy clown shoes I could find and zip tied them to the pool noodle legs. It looks more like a clown now and the additional weight and stiffness of the pool noodle legs keep the clown from getting all wrapped around the shepherds hook it's hanging on when it rains.

View attachment 584210
Well, NOW I know why there are no Halloween decorations to be found when I mosey on out on the 15th or so!

j/k, j/k; this is great!

Reactions: Souce and larjoranj

VN Store

Back