Halloween Thread

Oh I get that. I thought maybe he meant because of something specific with that prop. I always worry about people up to no good but luckily I've had no problem with Halloween stuff. I'm adding some new props this year but I had 6 in the yard the last few years and nobody bothered them. I move them inside every night.
yeah just typical kid stuff like smashing pumpkins is what I meant- they might think its cool to play with the fake gun

That's a concern for sure. I have about a dozen Halloween blow molds I display also and I wire each one to a piece of conduit driven in the ground so a thief can't get away too quick and easy.
Did you catch the people who cut your Christmas lights last year? It may have been a wild animal also.

Did you catch the people who cut your Christmas lights last year? It may have been a wild animal also.
I didn't. The lights that were cut were 4 strand wire and they were cut just razor smooth and straight across all 4, like scissors or a box cutter. After I replaced them they were cut again in the same spot. I guess it could have been an animal but I would have expected a more jagged edge.

I can't remember if I told this last year but I suspected a disgruntled electrician. I wanted to add an outdoor outlet on a dedicated breaker because I have so much stuff at Christmas. It would need to be run from my breaker box on 1 side of the house to the opposite side through the crawlspace. I called a company. They sent a guy out. He talked me into running a line through an exterior wall from a wall socket in a bedroom. He said it would work for what I wanted. I think he mainly didn't want to go into the wet crawlspace.
Well he drilled a hole through the brick from inside the bedroom without looking outside to see what was there. He drilled right through a downspout. I had no faith in this guy now and told him to forget it. I called his company while he was there and told them what happened. He wanted to replace my downspout himself. I told him he was an electrician and got that wrong, I didn't trust him replacing my downspout. The electric company sent a gutter company to replace my downspout and I patched the 1" hole in the brick myself. I was pissed at this guy and he was pissed at me. He tried to collect a service call fee. I told him I wasn't paying him shite and spoke to his boss, who apologized and told me of course I didn't owe anything. My lights got cut a few days later and then again a few days after I replaced them. It was in the most hidden spot behind my utility trailer at the very end of my driveway that's hidden from the street. Just seemed too much of a coincidence.

I didn't. The lights that were cut were 4 strand wire and they were cut just razor smooth and straight across all 4, like scissors or a box cutter. After I replaced them they were cut again in the same spot. I guess it could have been an animal but I would have expected a more jagged edge.

I can't remember if I told this last year but I suspected a disgruntled electrician. I wanted to add an outdoor outlet on a dedicated breaker because I have so much stuff at Christmas. It would need to be run from my breaker box on 1 side of the house to the opposite side through the crawlspace. I called a company. They sent a guy out. He talked me into running a line through an exterior wall from a wall socket in a bedroom. He said it would work for what I wanted. I think he mainly didn't want to go into the wet crawlspace.
Well he drilled a hole through the brick from inside the bedroom without looking outside to see what was there. He drilled right through a downspout. I had no faith in this guy now and told him to forget it. I called his company while he was there and told them what happened. He wanted to replace my downspout himself. I told him he was an electrician and got that wrong, I didn't trust him replacing my downspout. The electric company sent a gutter company to replace my downspout and I patched the 1" hole in the brick myself. I was pissed at this guy and he was pissed at me. He tried to collect a service call fee. I told him I wasn't paying him shite and spoke to his boss, who apologized and told me of course I didn't owe anything. My lights got cut a few days later and then again a few days after I replaced them. It was in the most hidden spot behind my utility trailer at the very end of my driveway that's hidden from the street. Just seemed too much of a coincidence.
Wow that is crazy. That does seem too much like a coincidence. What negligence on that companies part. About fifteen years ago I had some extension cords that kept getting destroyed. Come to find out it was a dog chewing them. Thank goodness they weren't plugged to anything or the dog would have been electrocuted. I replaced the extension cords with new ones and never left them unattended.

Can you explain how you did this? You're really talented with the homemade Halloween decorations!
It's an idea I got from youtube. I bought a cheap clear plastic painters drop cloth from the Dollar store. Cut it in strips big enough for whichever section you are working on and wrap it around the skeleton. Take a heat gun and hold it close enough to the plastic that it shrink wraps it to the skeleton. In random spots hold the heat gun closer and let it melt the plastic. You'll end up with what I have. In spots the plastic will be solid. In spots it will have holes. Some places will bubble up and leave strands like rotting ligaments or muscles. Then when it cools take a shop rag and wipe it with brown stain. Let it sit for a few minutes then wipe it off. More stain will stay in the crevices to form highlights. Some places will be darker and others lighter so that you can see the ribs. It looks a lot like rotting flesh. Since the stain can't really soak in like it would into wood it takes a few days to completely dry.

I'm going to build a coffin out of 1/5" plywood so it's light enough to move around easily. I'll put this skeleton in it with a strobe light and some cheap dollar store cobwebs. Prop it up next to the porch. Should look pretty creepy

382230819_10100875030518795_5303138605205507052_n.jpg

VN Store

Back