Hardest Hit

Aj Johnson had some big hits this year too. Can't remember against who but he grabbed a guy with one arm and slammed him. Either Florida or Georgia game can't remember?

Reactions: 1 person
Was watching tape of greatest plays and was wondering whats everyones most memorable or favorable hit? The tape showed a pass from late 80's and the TN DB hit him so hard his mouth piece flew out. Think it was against Vandy.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think Preston Warren nailed Clarkston Hines from Duke in the late 80s. Its been a while, but that may be what you are remembering. 1988 (loss) or 1989 (win). 1989 was a pivotal year.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGNJox8eLpE[/YOUTUBE]

I think Preston Warren nailed Clarkston Hines from Duke in the late 80s. Its been a while, but that may be what you are remembering. 1988 (loss) or 1989 (win). 1989 was a pivotal year.[/QU May be it. Year sounds right. Was thinking it was Vandy because it was on turf. Also on the tape I watched was a clip in black and white and I think it was Hank vs Texas. They crashed and he got up and wobbled then fell back down.

....on second thought.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlyRs2UKGY[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: 2 people
USCe DJ Swearinger hit on Andre Ellington during USCe vs Clemson game.

Idk how to show youtue link sorry

Its definetly worthy of being looked up

I think Preston Warren nailed Clarkston Hines from Duke in the late 80s. Its been a while, but that may be what you are remembering. 1988 (loss) or 1989 (win). 1989 was a pivotal year.

it was 89 hines scorched Preston the year before.

Bingo! clarkston talked a lot the week leading up to the game about Preston. Preston didn't say a word all week
1st time time big mouth came over the middle right at the fifty he got knocked the F*$K out, he was never the same reciever ever again. note to clarkston don't pull a tiger's tail.
honorable mention and it maybe what the op was referring to was a hit that Andre Creamer laid on a rutgers wide reciever when the actual pads inside the rutgers player's helmet exploded out all over the field, brutal.
Hopefully Coach Jones will be able to get us back to what we have always been, we might not win them all but teams used to dread playing us because of how nasty and hard we played on both sides of the ball, especially defense, and how badly they would hurt after playing ut.

Reactions: 1 person
Did anyone see Clowney's hit on the Michigan RB yesterday? Lost mouthpiece. Lost football. Recovered by Clowney. Hardest (clean) hit I've seen in a while. This just after UCSjr got screwed by a ref on a 4th down call.

Sorry just saw the post above. Forgot about the helmet coming off too!

Was watching tape of greatest plays and was wondering whats everyones most memorable or favorable hit? The tape showed a pass from late 80's and the TN DB hit him so hard his mouth piece flew out. Think it was against Vandy.

The hit with the mouthpiece flying over the sidelines was Andre Creamer against Rutgers. It was a pulverizing hit.

Of course one of my favorite signs of all time was seen at a Vandy-TN game in Nashville that said, "You haven't been knocked 'til you've been Raynoched." aka Raynoch Thompson.

VN Store

Back