Hardest Hit

some more recent ones for me would be the abuse that QB from Wisc took from Mayo/Berry/etc in the 07 Outback bowl. Also will include the Rogan hit that broke the UCLA QB's jaw. That has to hurt

the Linebacker from Texas A&M from way back had the nastiest hit ever. Sorry forgot his name

Eric Westmoreland against Vandy was pretty good. He was asked after the game was the hit a ten and his response was " You have to be Al Wilson to get a ten."

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Was watching tape of greatest plays and was wondering whats everyones most memorable or favorable hit? The tape showed a pass from late 80's and the TN DB hit him so hard his mouth piece flew out. Think it was against Vandy.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Right now my favorite hit is Clowney hitting the guy from Michigan last night. That was evil, pure evil.

aspot-4_3_r560.jpg

I was having "replacement ref flashbacks" while watching the Outback Bowl...such incompetant refs must have been infuriating!! Guess the hard hit by Clowney was "payback"...can't blame him.

Jadeveon Clowney's massive hit against Michigan (GIF)

How about Earl campbell's stiff arm against the Rice defender, or when that Pro Bowler from Oakland clocked the ish outta him and he STILL scored...or when he plowed a linebacker over with his head against. St. Louis...actually how about that Earl Campbell guy?

I was having "replacement ref flashbacks" while watching the Outback Bowl...such incompetant refs must have been infuriating!! Guess the hard hit by Clowney was "payback"...can't blame him.

One of the worst calls I ever saw and they had ample opportunity to correct it...truly baffling.

Did anyone ever hear what the explanation was for the ref's ruling? I was too busy switching back and forth between games...

Somebody hit that white receiver from Akron this year and made him bleed out of his mouth, can't remember,

I remember a huge hit against a Kentucky about 6 or so years ago. Unfortunately, I don't recall who made the hit. Pretty sure it was a top 10 play that day also. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?

The hit a couple weeks ago from Kam Chancellor on Vernon Davis was pretty nice too. Perfectly clean hit, and Davis had to leave the game.

VernonDavisCrushed_original.gif

The hit a couple weeks ago from Kam Chancellor on Vernon Davis was pretty nice too. Perfectly clean hit, and Davis had to leave the game.

VernonDavisCrushed_original.gif

I hate that they called a flag on that play. It looked clean to me.

there was a nice one on a kickoff (maybe cal 2006? whatever game, i think it was a season opener or early game anyway). anyway, im telling my friend to watch #91 (robert ayers) b/c they'd been talking about him up in the offseason. he goes to bust the wedge, and he hits two guys so hard one is flat for the rest of the play and the other they had to stop the game to look at. ill post if i can find.

also, wasnt there another big hit in the 01 florida game? i remember the eddie moore hit, but i thought we hit another guy hard in that game.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back