Hats Off To Our Loyal ‘Volnation’ Baseball Fans!

It’s been easy and a lot of fun for all of us to come to the game day threads and cheer on our Vols the last few years.
But everything hasn’t always been rainbows and sunshine in the baseball forum.
Before CTV got here they had to suffer through the Todd Raleigh and Dave Serrano years.
There was a period from 2006-2018 the BaseVols didn’t even make the postseason.

A handful of posters have been loyal to the program and stuck it out all these years and kept this forum alive.

Hats off to the GOATS.
@OldTimer
@vol66
@txbo
@NorCalVol67
@fryeguy93
@OrngeJuiceJones
Honorable mention
@RollerVol

[hat tip]

It's awesome having a great program, because now I get to enjoy it from across the country. I grew up going to games in the 90's but it was hard to follow the team after moving out west. With all the national coverage we've had the last few years, I got to reintroduce myself to a childhood love, and the payoff was great. Memories of games and who I attended them with have come flooding back this weekend. Go Vols!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I was there. I’ve been to the first game of the last five coaches (including CTV).
I think IIRC CTV’s Dad told me in Hoover that “there were 158 fans there because I counted them”. Unreal to see what LNS has become thanks to CTV! Kudos to longtime loyal fans like @1RBFjr who have been there supporting the BaseVols for a long time.

Gruden threads brought me to Volnation, recruiting threads kept me on Volnation, the transfer portal brought me to the Basketball and Baseball threads, cause I couldnt keep up with it. I had no idea the knowledge and entertainment I had been missing. I am an older fan, and have been going to Football Baseball and Basketball games for most of the last 30 years. I dont post much in the game day threads, but one of my favorite things to do is read the threads after the games and see the highs and lows. Omaha was one of the greatest weekends in sports that I have ever had. Congrats to the old heads that posted through some rough years!!!

Gruden threads brought me to Volnation, recruiting threads kept me on Volnation, the transfer portal brought me to the Basketball and Baseball threads, cause I couldnt keep up with it. I had no idea the knowledge and entertainment I had been missing. I am an older fan, and have been going to Football Baseball and Basketball games for most of the last 30 years. I dont post much in the game day threads, but one of my favorite things to do is read the threads after the games and see the highs and lows. Omaha was one of the greatest weekends in sports that I have ever had. Congrats to the old heads that posted through some rough years!!!
I don’t want to brag, but one thing I love about the Basevols forum, we have a “who’s who” group that participates here. We are blessed with their knowledge.

Thanks to all of you for letting us noobs join you in the game threads and other trash talking posts. As you can see by my profile I've been a long time member of Volnation but haven't been one who submits a lot of posts. Spent most of my time in the football forum with occasional forays into the other forums. Really got into the BaseVols forum in '22 when things started off so hot. Baseball was my favorite sport growing up, and I was somewhat of a Braves fan since, as an E. Tennessee native, they were the only professional sports team within a few hundred miles of home. I've mentioned it before but I got turned off on MLB when the players decided to go on strike in the '90s and doubled down on that when they walked out again after 2000 (don't even remember when that strike occurred). The '22 Vols brought me back to the game I loved, and the '23 and '24 teams have kept things rolling beyond my wildest imaginations.

The closest I got to baseball while I was at UT was as a member of the POTSB in '78-'80. In the fall the baseball field (aka Lower Hudson Field at that time) was the primary place we practiced all of our pregame and halftime shows. They lined the field with the standard football yard and hash lines and we did all of our learning and practicing of the marching routines on the field. We rarely ever practiced in Neyland. The closest I ever got to any of the players (it was actually a mix of baseball and football players) was during an intramural softball game one spring. I played for a team made up of guys from Hess Hall (where I lived my first three years on campus). The "athletes" team had guys like Alan Cockrell and Jeff Olszewski (sp?). They could hit the ball a mile, but most of them were so drunk they could barely run the bases. Don't remember the final score or who won, but it was definitely a memory.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Thanks to all of you for letting us noobs join you in the game threads and other trash talking posts. As you can see by my profile I've been a long time member of Volnation but haven't been one who submits a lot of posts. Spent most of my time in the football forum with occasional forays into the other forums. Really got into the BaseVols forum in '22 when things started off so hot. Baseball was my favorite sport growing up, and I was somewhat of a Braves fan since, as an E. Tennessee native, they were the only professional sports team within a few hundred miles of home. I've mentioned it before but I got turned off on MLB when the players decided to go on strike in the '90s and doubled down on that when they walked out again after 2000 (don't even remember when that strike occurred). The '22 Vols brought me back to the game I loved, and the '23 and '24 teams have kept things rolling beyond my wildest imaginations.

The closest I got to baseball while I was at UT was as a member of the POTSB in '78-'80. In the fall the baseball field (aka Lower Hudson Field at that time) was the primary place we practiced all of our pregame and halftime shows. They lined the field with the standard football yard and hash lines and we did all of our learning and practicing of the marching routines on the field. We rarely ever practiced in Neyland. The closest I ever got to any of the players (it was actually a mix of baseball and football players) was during an intramural softball game one spring. I played for a team made up of guys from Hess Hall (where I lived my first three years on campus). The "athletes" team had guys like Alan Cockrell and Jeff Olszewski (sp?). They could hit the ball a mile, but most of them were so drunk they could barely run the bases. Don't remember the final score or who won, but it was definitely a memory.
Great memory, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back