Henry T Says

That’s what I mean. Specific to each player. So what makes you more confident in Shrout? He did have that beauty in the SC game but before that I remember the UT Chatt game where he was missing high.
I like arm talent in my QB, which he has abundance of, He threw high, but he was juiced and I can’t blame him for that.

The way our team is built we can’t bust up inside with out a vertical threat due to small RB. I feel Shrout fits that mold the best, IMO.

Reactions: 1vol8
I like arm talent in my QB, which he has abundance of, He threw high, but he was juiced and I can’t blame him for that.

The way our team is built we can’t bust up inside with out a vertical threat due to small RB. I feel Shrout fits that mold the best, IMO.
I do like Shrout more than JG as a qb but I do feel that opinion would change quickly if it didn’t translate to the field. He is a gunslinger and I like that about him. Plus I like the way he’s gone about his business quietly. I’ve met him a few times and he seems like a very “even” keeled kid. I just like the fun Maurer has playing over that style. But that’s just personal preference. I feel arm talent between the two is about equal tbh. Shrout has the stronger arm no doubt but Maurer has the touch as well. Too bad we only have both bombs to compare from last year but it’s hard to say which one was the better throw.

I’m not putting this “all” on JG. I seen lots of crap to go around. However sometimes.....just sometimes can we blame the one guy who actually does lose the game....in certain situations?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
That’s what I mean. Specific to each player. So what makes you more confident in Shrout? He did have that beauty in the SC game but before that I remember the UT Chatt game where he was missing high.
Missing high. It was a game last year. JG fumbled in the end zone in a game against bama we should have potentially won. He effed up big time. But he gets to stroll back in as our qb after that crap. Just give anyone else a shot.

Missing high. It was a game last year. JG fumbled in the end zone in a game against bama we should have potentially won. He effed up big time. But he gets to stroll back in as our qb after that crap. Just give anyone else a shot.
I agree. Give anyone a chance at this point. I’m not criticizing him though. I’m just saying he was missing high vs UT Chatt and that was the most we seen of him. Missing high is worse than low though. But Pruitt is not going to bench JG and even if he did we know from last year that JG will be right there waiting for the next mistake to be made.

I agree. Give anyone a chance at this point. I’m not criticizing him though. I’m just saying he was missing high vs UT Chatt and that was the most we seen of him. Missing high is worse than low though. But Pruitt is not going to bench JG and even if he did we know from last year that JG will be right there waiting for the next mistake to be made.
Can be very dangerous over the middle.

I think the thing that is just bizarre is why you recruit kids that you don’t like.. That is the part of this whole equation that I just don’t understand. If what you said about Bailey is true, they don’t like him, I just don’t understand why you recruit him.

I think the thing that is just bizarre is why you recruit kids that you don’t like.. That is the part of this whole equation that I just don’t understand. If what you said about Bailey is true, they don’t like him, I just don’t understand why you recruit him.
It’s not that they don’t “like” him. He’s just not what people are expecting him to be right out of the gate. He’s not what I would call a 5*. If I were rating him on his talent alone excluding the talent surrounding him out of Hs , I’d have him around a high 3* if I’m being honest.

He does have the best mechanics in the room though. I’ll give him that

Played with a guy like that in hi school. Hated practice, didn't go that hard and looked disinterested but he LOVED the game. I always figured he just didn't want to t-off on his own guys during the week. Come Friday night, hello fuzzy, he was a beast, loved to punish the friday night enemy and could be counted on to take over a game.

There was NEVER a question who our starting RB was going to come game night.
I played d line and I can identify with the guy you described. For me personally it was more like a feeling I had deep down that I had to channel that energy but I was afraid to waste it because I felt there was only so much of it in me and if it was wasted in practice I might run out of it.

I know that sounds silly, especially all these years later but that's how I felt. There's definitely a mentality to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: m1al
He does have the best mechanics in the room though. I’ll give him that
Which goes back to my point, why recruit him? Not to cross forums, but as you can tell I’m a baseball guy, I’m an absolute SHEEP for Tony V. People can have their opinions, but every kid over there helps his team win.

That’s my biggest concern so far with Pruitt, I believe he’s got a great football mind, he knows what great football looks like, I feel he knows how to coach it, but he gets a little emotional on kids IMO. Jeremy Banks is another example. That concerns me long term, we’ll see.

Which goes back to my point, why recruit him? Not to cross forums, but as you can tell I’m a baseball guy, I’m an absolute SHEEP for Tony V. People can have their opinions, but every kid over there helps his team win.

That’s my biggest concern so far with Pruitt, I believe he’s got a great football mind, he knows what great football looks like, I feel he knows how to coach it, but he gets a little emotional on kids IMO. Jeremy Banks is another example. That concerns me long term, we’ll see.
They recruited him because he was highly ranked and you’d like to able to trust the services. However from what I understand Cheney wasn’t a part of HBs recruiting. I’ve even heard ( not confirmed) that Cheney didn’t want him. I’ve heard rumblings of a throwing session that none of the coaches were very happy with him and were actually “pissed”. My guess is IF these rumors hold truth then it’s safe to say that Pruitt recruited him himself and once again would call into question his qb evaluation skills. Only time will tell if HB is legit but right now it’s looking like he’s got a long way to go to catch the others and Covid is only a fraction of the gap.

Henry T seems like a standup guy that's popular with his teammates. I would expect him to say nothing less. Fact is if we're being honest with ourselves as Vol fans, and I know lots of people get sick if hearing this or even disagree with it, but the fact is we are still another couple of years from having a well stacked roster to hang with a team lije that Georgia team. We're just going to have to be patient and I think this staff will get us to where we all want to be. Georgia deserves credit that they're just an unbelievably dominate team on the defensive side of the ball. We're probably lucky the score wasn't a lot worse than it was.

That said I never saw any quit in this team. Our guys were giving it their all. There's been teams in years past you couldn't say that about and that sucks. Glad to see a different mentality. What I would like to see going forward is we take care of the teams we should be able to beat. We should beat Kentucky, Auburn, Vanderbilt and Arkansas. We might even beat A&M. Maybe not. And we could just as easily drop one or two of those 4 I think we should win. If we keep it close against the best 2 teams left on the schedule, Alabama and Florida, that's good in my book. Let's move on to 2021 and hopefully get back to a normal season.

With that oline performance dude, no QB in the world would of played any better. You're delusional if you think otherwise.
Wrong ! The Oline was terrible, but QB’s under pressure, good ones, protect the 🏈, not follow up a fumble with a ill advised pass int when he should of threw it out of bounds or took a sack

I see all these posts about Maurer,Shrout & Bailey is not ready or cant do this or that. I am just wondering next year and one of them are the starter and they come out stinking the place up are we going to be able to say its because they did not get any playing time or reps in games last year? So we will be going through this QB thing every other year. Pruitt is going to have to pick one of these 3 and ride with him and let him get some game experience. If not next year will be a disaster. Either pick your poison now or go through another crappy year next year.

They recruited him because he was highly ranked and you’d like to able to trust the services. However from what I understand Cheney wasn’t a part of HBs recruiting. I’ve even heard ( not confirmed) that Cheney didn’t want him. I’ve heard rumblings of a throwing session that none of the coaches were very happy with him and were actually “pissed”. My guess is IF these rumors hold truth then it’s safe to say that Pruitt recruited him himself and once again would call into question his qb evaluation skills. Only time will tell if HB is legit but right now it’s looking like he’s got a long way to go to catch the others and Covid is only a fraction of the gap.

Could possibly be the dumbest post I've ever read. You are assuming that our defensive minded coach who at times it appears he has given all offensive duties to Chaney, would over ride the same guy for the qb that he likes. It would seem, Chaney would leave if he felt he could not recruit the guy that he would want as a potential qb. Bailey isn't playing right now bc he is a true freshmen. He hasn't had a ton of reps due to covid. May not be an answer right now but maybe that's why they are having a scrimmage the day after a game.

Reactions: 508mikey
With that oline performance dude, no QB in the world would of played any better. You're delusional if you think otherwise.
Guess we were watching different games. The oline didnt play well at all but that wasnt a 4 man rush. Uga threw the kitchen sink at us. Go look at the highlights of each turnover. 5 guys cant block 6-7. Thats on the QB. He has to beat the blitz with his brain. Im not jumping on JG that goes for ANY QB. They all have hot routes in those situations he cant hold on to the ball like that. The int he threw was a prime example. He was supposed to immediately check down to the RB on that play. Instead he holds it while 2 guys blitz from the very direction he is throwing too, he gets hit and there u go. JG shouldnt get all the blame bc he made some plays out there but at the same time his bad plays were costly. Qb's get too much credit for winning & too much blame for losing but thats part of being Qb. They are the only players that get judged off W/L.

Could possibly be the dumbest post I've ever read. You are assuming that our defensive minded coach who at times it appears he has given all offensive duties to Chaney, would over ride the same guy for the qb that he likes. It would seem, Chaney would leave if he felt he could not recruit the guy that he would want as a potential qb. Bailey isn't playing right now bc he is a true freshmen. He hasn't had a ton of reps due to covid. May not be an answer right now but maybe that's why they are having a scrimmage the day after a game.
I’m not assuming anything. I thought I was clear when explaining that those were “rumors” I’ve heard over the past year or so. If I wasn’t clear I apologize.

VN Store

Back