Henry T Says

I agree 100% with this, different QB definitely changes the way everyone feels. However it wasn’t going to change the result. We were over matched, and personally I don’t care about how I feel about a loss, we lost plain and simple. I could careless if people are pist about JG, O Line, or play calling. They all contributed.

I believe we both are on the same page that JG isn’t the answer, we disagree about who should play, you think Maurer / I think Shrout. I wish we could debate that instead of how we feel about losing.
I like Shrout too. I just feel he might crack under pressure because he only has 1 year of hs experience coming in and he seemed to crack then. He had 27 tds and 25 ints under Hs lights. This is the SEC and Maurer already proved the brighter the lights the better he gets.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’ll tell you a fun little story. I once had a qb that was an absolute stud on Friday nights but absolutely hated routine practice. He stayed engaged but we both knew he could and would perform better when the light came on. I learned then that there IS a such thing as a gamer and from what I understand Dobbs is a perfect example of what I just explained. Believing that a practice warrior is ALWAYS your best option on game day is a quick way to cost yourself games in the future. Coaching a football team is damn near psychology. You can’t expect to get the best out of everyone when coaching them all the same. They all come from different backgrounds and therefore have to be handled differently. Some didn’t have fathers so trusting men is hard for them and as a coach you HAVE to EARN it. Those guys need tough love but need praised as well. Others are from solid families where no one has EVER given up on them. Those guys are normally pretty easy. Some are close to the streets. They need to trust you more than guys they call friends. Point is everyone is different and if you think there’s only ONE WAY to get where you want to go then you’re selling YOURSELF short and you only have pride to blame.
Played with a guy like that in hi school. Hated practice, didn't go that hard and looked disinterested but he LOVED the game. I always figured he just didn't want to t-off on his own guys during the week. Come Friday night, hello fuzzy, he was a beast, loved to punish the friday night enemy and could be counted on to take over a game.

There was NEVER a question who our starting RB was going to come game night.

And for those who want to argue possibly 'ruining a QB' by putting him in to soon. I would argue that yanking a guy after one flub does more harm. These guys can take getting knocked around and they can recover from mistakes, but if they feel their HC has no confidence in them, what exactly does that do to them?.
I agree 100 percent

Played with a guy like that in hi school. Hated practice, didn't go that hard and looked disinterested but he LOVED the game. I always figured he just didn't want to t-off on his own guys during the week. Come Friday night, hello fuzzy, he was a beast, loved to punish the friday night enemy and could be counted on to take over a game.

There was NEVER a question who our starting RB was going to come game night.
Those guys are not common but as a coach you gotta be able to recognize when they do.

Reactions: m1al
I like Shrout too. I just feel he might crack under pressure because he only has 1 year of hs experience coming in and he seemed to crack then. He had 27 tds and 25 ints under Hs lights. This is the SEC and Maurer already proved the brighter the lights the better he gets.
This is why this debate is fun, Shrout’s one opportunity was against USC and whew boy he looked good. The point about Maurer is noted, and he has moments he looks very good. I just believe when he gets off script he gets wild and makes bad decisions.

Reactions: 1vol8
The oline was the main reason we lost the game. It's clear as day. The oline themselves would probably admit that.
They probably would... and it wouldn't be true. They weren't the reason UGA felt comfortable blitzing on practically every down. They're not the reason JG can't anticipate throws.

Same stuff for more than 3 years now.

The OL wasn't "great" and didn't dominate what's probably the most talented front 7 in CFB. But they weren't the reason UGA crowded the box all night.

And for those who want to argue possibly 'ruining a QB' by putting him in to soon. I would argue that yanking a guy after one flub does more harm. These guys can take getting knocked around and they can recover from mistakes, but if they feel their HC has no confidence in them, what exactly does that do to them?.
This!!!!! All day long! Great post. It’s happening right now under Pruitts nose and if he don’t get it under control the results are going to be catastrophic.

They probably would... and it wouldn't be true. They weren't the reason UGA felt comfortable blitzing on practically every down. They're not the reason JG can't anticipate throws.

Same stuff for more than 3 years now.

The OL wasn't "great" and didn't dominate what's probably the most talented front 7 in CFB. But they weren't the reason UGA crowded the box all night.

🙄 Does it hurt to be that stupid? Just curious

Those guys are not common but as a coach you gotta be able to recognize when they do.
I'd argue there at least a couple on every team. Recognizing them is half a coaches battle. For some, getting them to realize they are 'that guy' and act on it is the other half.

Reactions: 1vol8
This is why this debate is fun, Shrout’s one opportunity was against USC and whew boy he looked good. The point about Maurer is noted, and he has moments he looks very good. I just believe when he gets off script he gets wild and makes bad decisions.
It’s not that. They just haven’t learned how to coach him yet. It’s frustrating knowing you can fix something in 5 minutes that his coaches know nothing about. That’s not a shot at them.... it’s just getting to know your players which is something I’m fairly confident Pruitt hasn’t done.

I'd argue there at least a couple on every team. Recognizing them is half a coaches battle. For some, getting them to realize they are 'that guy' and act on it is the other half.
Which is the frustrating part. I hate to say it but Butch obviously seen it in Dobbs. But Pruitt can’t see it in anyone. 😕

Maybe "better" but not good enough to win or even come within a score better though. You take away those two turnovers to start the half and all it does it take away 6 points for UGA. So in essence we lose 38-21 instead best case scenario
Georgia just knows our scheme in and out. A good QB burns UGA all day because they are too aggressive at times. Check out the LSU vs UGA game from last year on YouTube. We just came out too confident and didn't make the proper adjustments. I won't praise them until they shut BAMA down and they have an opportunity to do that this coming weekend. GO VOLS!

Reactions: sjt18
It’s not that. They just haven’t learned how to coach him yet. It’s frustrating knowing you can fix something in 5 minutes that his coaches know nothing about. That’s not a shot at them.... it’s just getting to know your players which is something I’m fairly confident Pruitt hasn’t done.
Ehhh... don’t know about that, you could be right, but everybody knows somebody right? And that’s just not what the consensus is that comes from that program. It could be specific to the kid tho, that I’ll concede.

Ehhh... don’t know about that, you could be right, but everybody knows somebody right? And that’s just not what the consensus is that comes from that program. It could be specific to the kid tho, that I’ll concede.
That’s what I mean. Specific to each player. So what makes you more confident in Shrout? He did have that beauty in the SC game but before that I remember the UT Chatt game where he was missing high.

Which is the frustrating part. I hate to say it but Butch obviously seen it in Dobbs. But Pruitt can’t see it in anyone. 😕
NOT a defense of Butch, but I believe he was more of an offensive minded coach..

That said, Butch still couldn't figure out he had his best weapon, Kamara, sitting on the bench.. Beyond stooopid...

NOT a defense of Butch, but I believe he was more of an offensive minded coach..

That said, Butch still couldn't figure out he had his best weapon, Kamara, sitting on the bench.. Beyond stooopid...
I was going to say that too but that didn’t fit my current agenda. Lmao

Lying by omission.. Shame on you.. 😎
I’m evil. Momma made me that way.

All bs aside I’ve brought that up several times to people that trust a coach because he makes millions. Butch did too and Kamara sat the bench.

Here’s a couple of things that bother me more about yesterday than anything else.
1) We have been a poor tackling team for a decade now . Yesterday I saw way too many guys hitting the chest not the hips. I’m sure it’s not taught that way but it sure is our mo right now.
2) We have had an immobile qb forever why do we insist on running zone plays. They don’t work as effectively if the qb is not a run threat to freeze the de and linebacker. Also we’re running a offense at + 1-2 defenders in the box. It dosent work. When we do pass it is predicated off long down and distance and takes too long to get open thus the fumbles and interception.
I see you get it. Way too many missed tackles! And the scheme was very poor. I figured they would adjust but UGA seemed to come out with an agenda to shut us down and did.

I’ll tell you a fun little story. I once had a qb that was an absolute stud on Friday nights but absolutely hated routine practice. He stayed engaged but we both knew he could and would perform better when the light came on. I learned then that there IS a such thing as a gamer and from what I understand Dobbs is a perfect example of what I just explained. Believing that a practice warrior is ALWAYS your best option on game day is a quick way to cost yourself games in the future. Coaching a football team is damn near psychology. You can’t expect to get the best out of everyone when coaching them all the same. They all come from different backgrounds and therefore have to be handled differently. Some didn’t have fathers so trusting men is hard for them and as a coach you HAVE to EARN it. Those guys need tough love but need praised as well. Others are from solid families where no one has EVER given up on them. Those guys are normally pretty easy. Some are close to the streets. They need to trust you more than guys they call friends. Point is everyone is different and if you think there’s only ONE WAY to get where you want to go then you’re selling YOURSELF short and you only have pride to blame.
I coach 6u and 8u baseball, this concept permeates through all ages. Practice is a time for learning and teaching, you are suppose to make mistakes. The only way to know if what your teaching them is being retained is to put them in when the bullets are flying.

Obviously baseball is different, but the overall theme applies.

Henry got burned for a TD. Our OL, Trey & Care got abused all day, since we are discussing individual performances. Alonte couldn't cover an bug with a blanket. Individually, we had plenty mental breakdowns, and we lost as a team just like Henry said. It's a team sport and plenty of blame to go around. But, we fans can't pile on JG like some are, its ridiculous and closed minded to do so. The OL sets the tone, not the QB.
Why don't all nfl teams select an ol with the first overall pick of the draft. They need that ol to set the tone. So would jg be an nfl qb with a legit nfl OL? By your standards, JG could play for the Titans since their OL is legit. You've convinced me, let's go Titans next year with JG. Screw Trevor Lawrence, bring on JG with a NFL OL and here comes the Super Bowl. Im sure that will fix that rain maker 31 yard deep ball he seems to be able to deliver with our ****** ass line.

VN Store

Back