Henry T Says

The oline was the main reason we lost the game. It's clear as day. The oline themselves would probably admit that.
You couldn’t argue that point with me earlier so you bounce to someone else with the same argument? There’s 5 o lineman man! There was 8 in the box! Even if they did their jobs perfectly there was 3 coming free. JGs playing style is WHY he was under so much pressure and its WHY the o line “looked” bad. Accept it as the fact it is.

You couldn’t argue that point with me earlier so you bounce to someone else with the same argument? There’s 5 o lineman man! There was 8 in the box! Even if they did their jobs perfectly there was 3 coming free. JGs playing style is WHY he was under so much pressure and its WHY the o line “looked” bad. Accept it as the fact it is.
People wanna point to the O line but JG has showed time and time again if you load the box and force him to figure out upon himself and throw and read a defense it won't work

This isn’t an accurate statement. They played with just their 7 and whipped our a$$. On JG’s pick only 4 came and they had two free runners. This is only one of numerous examples.

You are correct that JG’s playing style makes the situation worse, but the o-line got out classed plain and simple. Nobody was going to help that, GA D is NASTY best top to bottom I’ve seen in a long time.

This isn’t an accurate statement. They played with just their 7 and whipped our a$$. On JG’s pick only 4 came and they had two free runners. This is only one of numerous examples.

You are correct that JG’s playing style makes the situation worse, but the o-line got out classed plain and simple. Nobody was going to help that, GA D is NASTY best top to bottom I’ve seen in a long time.
And on that int there was protection but JG again seen the open man late and threw off his back foot. He sucks quit trying to make an excuse for him.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
And on that int there was protection but JG again seen the open man late and threw off his back foot. He sucks quit trying to make an excuse for him.
Yea... I’m not making excuses for him, he blows a$$.

I’m stating a fact that box wasn’t stacked all night, and the way JG plays exacerbated the situation on protection issues which was agreeing with poster who made that point..

Maybe "better" but not good enough to win or even come within a score better though. You take away those two turnovers to start the half and all it does it take away 6 points for UGA. So in essence we lose 38-21 instead best case scenario
Better QBs may actually score some more too. Those two early 3rd quarter turnovers did more than add 6 points. The turnovers deflated the offense, caused the defense to spend even more time on the field and caused JG to lose his mental focus for the rest of the game. After watching the Ole Miss QB against AL, I know their QB could have added more points than 14 scored by our offense.

Right, and he was getting pressured all game long. Here’s my point. The first half he was using his feet and moving off his spot (unlike the JG we know). The score at halftime was 21-17 us. The second half his playing style came into play and he held his spot like he’s always done. The final score was 44-21 after 3 fumbles and 1 int.

His playing style is the reason they were playing down hill. There’s a reason Palmer was in single coverage on both tds and it’s because everyone else was in the box wether pre or post snap. That’s on JG, not the o line.

Right, and he was getting pressured all game long. Here’s my point. The first half he was using his feet and moving off his spot (unlike the JG we know). The score at halftime was 21-17 us. The second half his playing style came into play and he held his spot like he’s always done. The final score was 44-21 after 3 fumbles and 1 int.

His playing style is the reason they were playing down hill. There’s a reason Palmer was in single coverage on both tds and it’s because everyone else was in the box wether pre or post snap. That’s on JG, not the o line.
I conceded this point, and agreed with you about his style.

We hit two plays all game both from him in the pocket, which he got protection. My point is pretty simple, they didn’t stack the box and whipped our o line. This is why we lost, there’s a lot of factors that go into it, but when you run for like 40 (before sack yds deducted) that has nothing to do with JG.

This is who they’re going to play, if we can’t protect we can’t win, pretty simple.

Reactions: Delmar and 1vol8
JP promised a chance to compete and it's true. JP benched JGs ass several times last year didn't he? And guess what? NO ONE TOOK THE JOB.
Thank you, that's exactly what I saw and there has not been any time to get any of them ready especially Bailey, no spring and missed most of fall practice. GIVE HIM A CHANCE BECAUSE HIS TIME IS COMING

Insanity is sticking with him. In fact that’s the exact definition. I know JG isn’t the only reason and you’ll never hear me say that however I understand the feeling that it’s time to move on. JP promised these kids a “a chance to compete” and that’s true at every other position except qb and that equates to a lie.
It’s amazing how good an oline looks, when they are protecting a quarterback with a quick release, one who sees the field and moves in the pocket, or even rolls out to complete a pass, or maybe even one who can complete an arsenal of passes to different parts of the field, maybe even a slant every once in a while. Those olines look great then.

Last edited:
JP promised a chance to compete and it's true. JP benched JGs ass several times last year didn't he? And guess what? NO ONE TOOK THE JOB.
I think what people get upset about is JG can turn the ball over multiple times and have a longer leash than anyone else but the minute shrout or mauer go in make one small mistake , they get pulled

So he's either purposefully sabotaging this team or he's incompetent?

He was offered millions of dollars when he wasn’t even looking to become a head coach. Only a fool would have said no. Just remember he cared so much about the Vols that after we hired him he stayed at Bama for another week to help them win a championship instead of spending that time contacting recruits before the early signing period.

I conceded this point, and agreed with you about his style.

We hit two plays all game both from him in the pocket, which he got protection. My point is pretty simple, they didn’t stack the box and whipped our o line. This is why we lost, there’s a lot of factors that go into it, but when you run for like 40 (before sack yds deducted) that has nothing to do with JG.

This is who they’re going to play, if we can’t protect we can’t win, pretty simple.
I’m just saying this exact same roster couldn’t play Maurer the way they did JG and the o line was less talented than it is now. We didn’t come out of that game talking about how bad the o line was or how bad the qb was. We came out of that game with pride despite the score because the score didn’t indicate the way we played with them.

I’m just saying this exact same roster couldn’t play Maurer the way they did JG and the o line was less talented than it is now. We didn’t come out of that game talking about how bad the o line was or how bad the qb was. We came out of that game with pride despite the score because the score didn’t indicate the way we played with them.
This right here^^^

I think what people get upset about is JG can turn the ball over multiple times and have a longer leash than anyone else but the minute shrout or mauer go in make one small mistake , they get pulled

That's just the way it works though. If you want to replace the starter, you have to be head and shoulders better. JG is going to have a naturally longer leash because he performs the best in practice. That's how football programs work.

Don't think he's lying. Maybe under Butch it would be a lie, but the culture isn't toxic like that anymore thank goodness

Hes lying to protect his teammates on the o line and the QB who sucked the whole game.

Opposite of toxic.

He is protecting them....but he knows they cost us the game and suck.

That's just the way it works though. If you want to replace the starter, you have to be head and shoulders better. JG is going to have a naturally longer leash because he performs the best in practice. That's how football programs work.
But if Pruitt is unwilling to give them an opportunity we don't know what we have until then. We know what we have with JG, a limited playbook and the team suffers tremendously when he faces adversity

I completely understand the practice aspect, but some people can be awesome in practice, but not in the game. To me, it seems sometimes during the game that JG is lost. I'm not talking about jyst Saturday, the whole time he's been here. He's had some good games, but overall, even when he's got time, it's like he's lost on the play.

I agree 100% with this, different QB definitely changes the way everyone feels. However it wasn’t going to change the result. We were over matched, and personally I don’t care about how I feel about a loss, we lost plain and simple. I could careless if people are pist about JG, O Line, or play calling. They all contributed.

I believe we both are on the same page that JG isn’t the answer, we disagree about who should play, you think Maurer / I think Shrout. I wish we could debate that instead of how we feel about losing.

And for those who want to argue possibly 'ruining a QB' by putting him in to soon. I would argue that yanking a guy after one flub does more harm. These guys can take getting knocked around and they can recover from mistakes, but if they feel their HC has no confidence in them, what exactly does that do to them?.

I’ll tell you a fun little story. I once had a qb that was an absolute stud on Friday nights but absolutely hated routine practice. He stayed engaged but we both knew he could and would perform better when the light came on. I learned then that there IS a such thing as a gamer and from what I understand Dobbs is a perfect example of what I just explained. Believing that a practice warrior is ALWAYS your best option on game day is a quick way to cost yourself games in the future. Coaching a football team is damn near psychology. You can’t expect to get the best out of everyone when coaching them all the same. They all come from different backgrounds and therefore have to be handled differently. Some didn’t have fathers so trusting men is hard for them and as a coach you HAVE to EARN it. Those guys need tough love but need praised as well. Others are from solid families where no one has EVER given up on them. Those guys are normally pretty easy. Some are close to the streets. They need to trust you more than guys they call friends. Point is everyone is different and if you think there’s only ONE WAY to get where you want to go then you’re selling YOURSELF short and you only have pride to blame.

VN Store

Back