Herschel Walker, US Senator

Yeah smith was one of the draft picks. Plus Darren woodson who went to many pro bowls. Because of the trade the cowboys rebuilt in 89 and I think got aikman because of that in the next draft
The Cowboys went

1989 1-15
1990 7-9
1991 10-6

Yeah smith was one of the draft picks. Plus Darren woodson who went to many pro bowls. Because of the trade the cowboys rebuilt in 89 and I think got aikman because of that in the next draft
Correct. The Walker trade brought in a huge number of picks that landed Smith and Woodson and others like Russell Maryland among others and was the rebuilding basis for the super bowl years. But Aikman was taken first over all the year prior in 1989. And Irvin was taken in the prior year 1988 draft. So those three years with the huge player influx in 1990 setup the three Super Bowl wins basis.

Herschel Walker trade - Wikipedia

Correct. The Walker trade brought in a huge number of picks that landed Smith and Woodson and others like Russell Maryland among others and was the rebuilding basis for the super bowl years. But Aikman was taken first over all the year prior in 1989. And Irvin was taken in the prior year 1988 draft. So those three years with the huge player influx in 1990 setup the three Super Bowl wins basis.

Herschel Walker trade - Wikipedia

Wasn't Michael Irvin drafted in the Tom Landry era? I was a big Tom Landry fan back in the day.

Wasn't Michael Irvin drafted in the Tom Landry era? I was a big Tom Landry fan back in the day.
Yeah I think Irvin was in Landry’s last draft class. He was reunited with his college coach at Dallas. I remember he supposedly made some comments about taking a pay cut his rookie year, clearly a joke since he was a first round pick ... well I hope it was a joke 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I think Irvin was in Landry’s last draft class. He was reunited with his college coach at Dallas. I remember he supposedly made some comments about taking a pay cut his rookie year, clearly a joke since he was a first round pick ... well I hope it was a joke 🤷‍♂️
That was no joke

VN Store

Back