Herschel Walker, US Senator

I realize the U had NFL pay scale back then but Irvin was a first round pick. Not saying you’re wrong but I don’t think even the current Gumps scale pays that well.
Lol he may have not took a pay cut but I bet it wasn’t much of a decrease. He probably stayed in the same tax bracket

Dang, bro, contrary to popular belief, I don't live on here.

Bo being a Senator and a Governor is a joke about him playing two sports at the same time.

Thanks. Sorry to have bothered you. I know he played two sports ..... I didn't know politics was a sport.

Dang, bro, contrary to popular belief, I don't live on here.

Bo being a Senator and a Governor is a joke about him playing two sports at the same time.
You get on here and post while you’re dumping in an Uber too?

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
I was 12 and sitting in the end zone at Neyland when Herschel came barreling over Bill Bates and into the end zone. I was afraid for a second he wasn’t gonna stop before he got to me. The next year I sat in Sanford stadium in Athens while UGA trucked us 44-0 and Herschel ran wild again on us. I’ve met him twice since then on two flights. Couldn’t be a nicer, more accommodating individual.

Bill Bates should run against so he can get trucked again.

I think Herschel is a solid dude. I just dont think he's cut out for politics.
Which is exactly why people should vote for him. He’s a good man and isn’t a blood sucking leach like most politicians are. He’d also probably really help with race relations

It’s the only really smart personnel move Jerry ever made.

They've literally nailed like 9 of their last 11 1st rd picks, not to mention late pick gems like Dak. They make lots of good personnel moves. They just **** up coaching and salary cap, mostly.

Will there ever be a ballsier move by head coach / GM Owner than the Walker trade to Minnesota? That took guts and faith.
Nah..... it was a brilliant move..... by that time Herschel was not quite the same back ...... with the cowboys he was only avg 49 rushing yards per game and 3.0 yds per carry..... he was still good but not a superstar anymore..... he only rushed for 1,000 yds one more time in his entire career. He became more effective out of the backfield than anything.

I was 12 and sitting in the end zone at Neyland when Herschel came barreling over Bill Bates and into the end zone. I was afraid for a second he wasn’t gonna stop before he got to me. The next year I sat in Sanford stadium in Athens while UGA trucked us 44-0 and Herschel ran wild again on us. I’ve met him twice since then on two flights. Couldn’t be a nicer, more accommodating individual.
I was in the other endzone with feet on the field. Remember the bleacher seats that were right on the field while they were expanding the North Endzone?

VN Store

Back