House of the Dragon

The recasting is horrible. I was invested in Milly Alcock's character. Why should I care if this new gangly bltch takes the thrown now? Keep the same actors and age them with make-up. The new Alicent looks damn near the same age as the one they replaced.

The recasting is horrible. I was invested in Milly Alcock's character. Why should I care if this new gangly bltch takes the thrown now? Keep the same actors and age them with make-up. The new Alicent looks damn near the same age as the one they replaced.
i'm out

No argument on keeping the originals with some creativity, but I didn't think any of the new actors did poorly (but I agree it feels like you have to invest all over again).

He’s this show’s Joffrey. Vile, grotesque, and crude. They really want us to dislike him.
I'll wait to see how it develops on the show. I read the Westeros history book before I gave it to my bro in law for Christmas one year so I kinda know the book version of the character is a mix of good and bad.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think HOTD will be better than GoT. I love this universe that GRRM created and I'll watch each and every spinoff they make. It's been way better than I expected. The time jump doesn't bother me bc the meat of this story is the actual Dance of the Dragons and the "Greens" vs the "Blacks" and we got the backstory the first half of the season and now the actual good part of the story is beginning.

Such a weird choice to completely recast some of these characters. Its only 10 years later. Couldnt they have just aged the original actors a little with makeup?

Reactions: give_him 6
Such a weird choice to completely recast some of these characters. Its only 10 years later. Couldnt they have just aged the original actors a little with makeup?
Read the other day that these actors were originally cast. The younger versions were cast later.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Read the other day that these actors were originally cast. The younger versions were cast later.
I dont like the older Rhaenyra at all. Could they have possibly found a more unattractive woman? But to be honest I didnt like the younger version of her much either.

The woman playing the older queen I do like and I've seen her in other things that I liked. However I liked her younger self too. But it was such a weird decision to cast it this way.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I dont like the older Rhaenyra at all. Could they have possibly found a more unattractive woman? But to be honest I didnt like the younger version of her much either.

The woman playing the older queen I do like and I've seen her in other things that I liked. However I liked her younger self too. But it was such a weird decision to cast it this way.
The way the actor portraying Rhaenyra looks really works when with her book arc honestly. I recognize that show fans don’t really care about that part. Daemon’s actor surprised me honestly I wasn’t expecting Dr. Who to pull off charismatic psychotic so well

The way the actor portraying Rhaenyra looks really works when with her book arc honestly. I recognize that show fans don’t really care about that part. Daemon’s actor surprised me honestly I wasn’t expecting Dr. Who to pull off charismatic psychotic so well

The forehead is doing all the work.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
One thing that strikes me is that this one is a pure political intrigue series (at least so far). In GoT it began with White Walker action and the mystical/supernatural element was always present if subdued. HoD has dragons of course but they come across as just part of the cast and other than the scene where the King tells the princess there's something evil they have to protect the realm from, the mystical/supernatural is absent.

VN Store

Back