House of the Dragon

Really trying to like this show but I’m enjoying Rings of Power much more.

Same. And I completely expected the opposite. RoP has been phenomenal imo.

I will say last night's episode was the best so far. I'm hoping for a slow down soon. My head's spinning with how quickly the story progresses.

Reactions: ATCVolinmn
Not as good as Got Seasons 1-4 but I would say way better than Got Seaons 6-8, maybe on par with season 5.

I can’t stand LoTR. Never liked it. What I like about RR Martin is the political maneuvering and down right nastiness of playing the game. I enjoy the fact there is less fantasy in this than LoTR universe.

Yes

Screen-Shot-2022-07-22-at-2.06.15-PM.png

b68f7853dc7499a8b718941850cddbf0--peta-wilson-nikita.jpg

Reactions: n_huffhines
Daemon in the Throne room was probably the greatest scene of the show yet. And I don’t just mean the “shocking” part, but the part with the king as well. That was such an incredible moment.
Admittedly, I have not read or know anything about the back story, but they have set this transition in power up in amazing fashion. The only thing possible is for all hell to break loose.

So for the haters: get ready.

Admittedly, I have not read or know anything about the back story, but they have set this transition in power up in amazing fashion. The only thing possible is for all hell to break loose.

So for the haters: get ready.

I unfortunately spoilered myself a couple days ago.
I was talking GOT with my oldest son and remembered something that tells me who wins this. I have no idea how we get there but it was one of those moments when you want to slap yourself.

Reactions: butchna
I unfortunately spoilered myself a couple days ago.
I was talking GOT with my oldest son and remembered something that tells me who wins this. I have no idea how we get there but it was one of those moments when you want to slap yourself.
Joffrey’s fun story with Margaery? I know. Did the same thing bolting past spoiler warnings.

I think this show is really good but it's jarring when the actors change as they jump in the timeline. I feel like the new Rhaenyra is a different person who I have no relationship with. One of the great things about GoT is they let everything breathe a while and it was easy to feel the importance and impact of everything. If Harwin was introduced to us earlier in the series, I don't even remember him. He had bastard kids with Rhae for about 5 minutes of screen time before they murdered him (by his brother, who I also do not remember existing before that incident) and it was too sudden to really feel much of anything about it.

Also, I don't really understand Alicent's becoming so cunning and vengeful, etc. She just seemed like such a sweet kid and then she became such a Karen about Rhae's scandal. I understand that her Father put it in her head that Rhae might kill her kids because of a claim on the throne, but Rhae tried to resolve that and Alicent rejected it, so her motivation straight up is not about saving her family. Why is she the way that she is? Why did she change? I know we can easily attribute her reasons, I'm just saying I don't think they did a good job with that character development.

Reactions: Godfatha
There is no character development. Every episode is another X amount of years in the future. With that said it's still better than a lot of TV, but people are smoking crack if they think it holds a candle to OG GoT.

I think this show is really good but it's jarring when the actors change as they jump in the timeline. I feel like the new Rhaenyra is a different person who I have no relationship with. One of the great things about GoT is they let everything breathe a while and it was easy to feel the importance and impact of everything. If Harwin was introduced to us earlier in the series, I don't even remember him. He had bastard kids with Rhae for about 5 minutes of screen time before they murdered him (by his brother, who I also do not remember existing before that incident) and it was too sudden to really feel much of anything about it.

Also, I don't really understand Alicent's becoming so cunning and vengeful, etc. She just seemed like such a sweet kid and then she became such a Karen about Rhae's scandal. I understand that her Father put it in her head that Rhae might kill her kids because of a claim on the throne, but Rhae tried to resolve that and Alicent rejected it, so her motivation straight up is not about saving her family. Why is she the way that she is? Why did she change? I know we can easily attribute her reasons, I'm just saying I don't think they did a good job with that character development.
Ser Harwin had several encounters with Rhae earlier in the series.

Ser Harwin had several encounters with Rhae earlier in the series.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't even find a Google image of "ser harwin and young rhaenyra." It doesn't appear that they were actually on camera at the same time. Looks like his total count was 9 minutes of screen time in 8 hrs of show with dozens of characters.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't even find a Google image of "ser harwin and young rhaenyra." It doesn't appear that they were actually on camera at the same time. Looks like his total count was 9 minutes of screen time in 8 hrs of show with dozens of characters.

He had a couple of small moments. Smirking in the royal hunt episode. Also think he was the gold cloak that found her the night her and Daemon went to the orgy, though unless you're really paying attention it's easy to miss.

I agree though. They didn't give him nearly enough time for the viewer to develop much of a connection. They're rushing to the actual war. I think they would have been well served taking more time with the lead up to the war as the current pacing creates situations like with Harwin.

I actually like what they are doing with his brother Larys for the most part.

VN Store

Back