How concerned are you of violence at the inauguration?

How worried are you about Trump supporter violence disruption at inauguration?

• Very. Trump is finding ways still to promote it

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Somewhat. The local authorities seem unprepared for this

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Not very. They will be ready this time and keep things from getting out of hand

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Not at all. People have had their say.

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters
You told me I should take my daughter on a one week vacation to get her away from the GA State Capitol.
Seems as if the response to the threats was enough to eliminate the threats.
Oh I wasn’t worried about DC and voted as such in this poll. And I stand by my comments on GA, people are pissed. In fact I even pointed out that if it were FLA or TX no big deal. Up to you, you’re her father. Thanks for playing

Reactions: jaybird_1981
Oh I wasn’t worried about DC and voted as such in this poll. And I stand by my comments on GA, people are pissed. In fact I even pointed out that if it were FLA or TX no big deal. Up to you, you’re her father. Thanks for playing
Seems as if your fears were misplaced. Or maybe GA's response was just strong enough to dissuade the morons.
Same can be said for DC.

Seems as if your fears were misplaced. Or maybe GA's response was just strong enough to dissuade the morons.
Same can be said for DC.
LMFAO I stand pat on what I said. DC is probably the safest city in the world today. We can’t have our politicians feeling uncomfortable! 😂

And a lack of violence in Atlanta today is good but doesn’t vacate being prudent. But sure rationalize it any way you want you’re a big ends justifies the means guy anyway!

Reactions: AM64
No more or less than I was this summer. It's a reaction from the disenfranchised, same as it was this summer. As I said this summer violence and destruction is wrong and we need cooler heads to prevail. We need a calming voice. Unfortunately I don't think Biden is that voice though.

No more or less than I was this summer. It's a reaction from the disenfranchised, same as it was this summer. As I said this summer violence and destruction is wrong and we need cooler heads to prevail. We need a calming voice. Unfortunately I don't think Biden is that voice though.

No malarkey.

Reactions: KB5252
As luther correctly notes, the security presence dissuaded anyone from attempting something stupid.

Well, luther went back on ignore, so, didn't see that. Don't really care either.

The thing is, the compete and utter circus they made of all that "security" was a win-win for them.

Nothing happens (as most predicted) and the DHS claims the crises was averted and their methods of overkill worked.

Something happened and the massive overkill of forces easily counters whatever the threat was.

No matter what, it went to absurd levels of National Guard there.

Well, luther went back on ignore, so, didn't see that. Don't really care either.

The thing is, the compete and utter circus they made of all that "security" was a win-win for them.

Nothing happens (as most predicted) and the DHS claims the crises was averted and their methods of overkill worked.

Something happened and the massive overkill of forces easily counters whatever the threat was.

Must protect dear leader. Looks like something a dictator would have at one of their speeches

You pose a question which is impossible to answer. By your test, when nothing happens, security precautions must have been overkill.

200w.gif

You see? Bigger heavier handed government works! Yay!

You pose a question which is impossible to answer. By your test, when nothing happens, security precautions must have been overkill.

200w.gif

I didn't pose a question except for the "Why wasn't LG thoughtful enough to add an 'I like pie' option into the thread.

And generally speaking, most Presidential security is "overkill" though typically for a good reason. I've been around it plenty of times and many/most things that happen tend to present the hardest target possible.

The difference is this time they did go overboard and it was more optics than true strength. I'm not going into particulars on that statement either.

I didn't pose a question except for the "Why wasn't LG thoughtful enough to add an 'I like pie' option into the thread.

And generally speaking, most Presidential security is "overkill" though typically for a good reason. I've been around it plenty of times and many/most things that happen tend to present the hardest target possible.

The difference is this time they did go overboard and it was more optics than true strength. I'm not going into particulars on that statement either.

I think there was reason for the optics this time, don't you?

VN Store

Back