Hunter to the Titans

More of a can't-stay-healthy flu going around that position if i had to say so, personally

I think he simply contracted Titans-always-suck-at-WR-itis.

If only we had drafted Moss over Dyson...

Then maybe both the Titans and Moss could have won a Super Bowl.

But... maybe return the kick off for the Music City Miracle and lose that game. Or maybe it would have just been Moss returning it instead. And maybe it would have been Moss getting into the end zone instead of coming up a yard short. Or maybe it would have just been Moss getting tackled a yard short instead of Dyson. Orrrrr Moss would have been so much better than Dyson that we wouldn't have needed to come back from behind and would have more points on the board to begin with... ha.

The thought of drafting Dyson over Moss will forever be a kick to the groin. Especially with how close we were to winning a Super Bowl. What if???

Fwiw, I do like those memories of Dyson though. The Music City Miracle anyways. Watching McNair throw it to him underneath and fall just short as the clock expired was brutal at the time though. It will always be a bad memory but at the same time be a memory of an exciting finish. That was easily the best finish to a Super Bowl of all-time when it happened. Since then, we've had some exciting finishes with the Steelers-Seahawks and Giants-Patriots. Though... I feel like the refs handed the Steelers that Super Bowl and their Super Bowl against the Seahawks. But that's beside the point lol. I believe most Super Bowls prior to the Titans and Rams were never really that close. Many blowouts if I recall.

Last edited:
I wanted Patterson but Hunter is good too!

I would feel more comfortable with Patterson's size and the fact he hasn't torn his ACL. Hunter is a little on the lanky size so hopefully the Titans can put a little weight on him. Patterson seems to be better with the ball in his hands and is a play-maker but Justin Hunter seems to be the better wide receiver. So... it will be fun to see how both pan out. I love that Hunter has both height/can leap and has deep threat speed.

Espn analysis on the Hunter pick:

What he brings: It's important that Hunter add some weight to his frame and get stronger, or physical corners will push him around a bit. A torn ACL in 2011 also raises a red flag. However, he's still a good value at this point because of his ability to stretch the field. In addition to his speed, he has the height, length and body control to consistently win 50-50 balls. There are concerns about his overall toughness, but he could develop into an impact player.

How he fits: When everything is right, the Titans have a decent trio of receivers with Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright and Nate Washington. But Britt is continuously in and out of trouble, and the other two haven't established themselves as difference-makers. This offense needs a big, physical receiver who can produce on third down, and Hunter fits perfectly. This is a feast-or-famine position for Tennessee. It could have a strong quartet, or it could become a mess. This passing game goes vertical more than you might think, and Hunter's deep speed could really open things up.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't care how good your post are, I will hate you for ever now so ***** off and kiss my white *ss.

What five letter word preceded "off"?

And would you care to post the stats of the receiver, with the possible exception of Mason, who was anything more than average for the Titans?

VN Store

Back