Hurd likely out for season....is this a good thing for Vols?

Had a similar injury and surgery in college. As my doctor told me, the average time for should surgeries is 6+ months but for exceptional-elite athletes its often much quicker. My only concern is that they discover more problems that MRI's won't show until the knife comes out.

I believe he is going to the Titans team dr. Dr Elrod? She mentioned that on VQ as well.

Really glad to hear that. Between that and the rehab help he'll get once he enrolled in January, he'll have a best case scenario for recovery support.

Reactions: 1 person
Injury prone was my only problem with him

I watched that game and it was my first look at him. Looks to me like his upper body is under developed compared to the rest. Just missing the upper body strength of a running back look. I suppose if he put twenty pounds of muscle up top he would not be a RB. I agree with you but he may fool us both. I hope so but I'm just shell shocked after the Bryce Brown and Oku wash out. I just want a tiger about 5-9 200 pounds and looks like a bowling ball going straight down the field.

it is the same shoulder he hurt last year i think it shows how tough the kid is to come back in and play with a shoulder dislocation. this is why its good to commit early kids.

Wasn't a dislocation. My understanding is that it was a slap tear ( a labrum tear) . Not as bad as rotator cuff but can take some time and rehab to recover. I tend to agree that this is much better than a knee. The wheels are the important tools of the RB. No doubt he will regret not getting to play in his senior season, but here's to his complete recovery .

Is it also possible to have a bad luck charm? I met my wife in 2008. Since then we have never beat Florida, Alabama, or won the SEC-E....Not to mention, she randomly watched this game with me. Just sayin.....I've been joking about it for years but damn. :)

Is it also possible to have a bad luck charm? I met my wife in 2008. Since then we have never beat Florida, Alabama, or won the SEC-E....Not to mention, she randomly watched this game with me. Just sayin.....I've been joking about it for years but damn. :)

Absolutely yes. Tell her to dump your unlucky ass and head to Nashvegas

Bad break for the kid. You cannot play high school football with your college career in mind. There is no way the coach would hold him back. I coached HS football 9 yrs and never had anyone that approached 5* talent but some kids were better than others and they rarely came off the field. And most did not want to be taken out. We are all Vol fans but a coach is not going to coach with U of Tenn. on his mind.

it is the same shoulder he hurt last year i think it shows how tough the kid is to come back in and play with a shoulder dislocation. this is why its good to commit early kids.

It is the same shoulder, but according to an email from his mom to one of the guys on Midday 180, it isn't the same injury. She says he could have played through this, but the shoulder was going to have to have surgery either way. The decision by his family was to go ahead and get it done, thereby sacrificing this season in order for him to be 100% by the time spring practice at UT rolls around.

Like I said, he is going to have to gain a lot of weight to protect himself if he is to play RB... otherwise he will have many more injuries playing an SEC defense.

He weighs 230, how big do you think a running back needs to be?

The fact that we're discussing if this kid being hurt is good or bad is ridiculous. The poor guy doesn't get to play his senior year in high school. He's probably devastated. No. It is not good that he's hurt.

I really think he's been trolling lately bc the posts I've been seeing from him have been beyond stupid.

I think he's pissed because he had to remove the cat peckers from his avi. Idk, jmo.

He's not injury prone. This kid goes after it like no other. I'm so excited to see him in the Orange and White. The shoulder injury is not that bad. This is him taking care of his future at UT. It's not worth the risk at the high school level. Nothing but up from here.

Jalen showed incredible toughness IMO... ripped his shoulder in that game and still finished the game out. Very impressive for a high school kid to show that kind perseverance.

The fact that we're discussing if this kid being hurt is good or bad is ridiculous. The poor guy doesn't get to play his senior year in high school. He's probably devastated. No. It is not good that he's hurt.

I think the thread is poorly titled in that we are not saying it's a good thing, clearly its bad, but that it could have been worse and we see reasons to believe it will work out OK.

Time to make a serious move for Fournette. Hurd, as I predicted, is not a natural running back. He's too skinny in the upper body. Let's keep Hurd but try to get a natural RB. This isn't good.

VN Store

Back