Hyams reporting Bray has signed

I dont get it. He was a very good qb. He put the vols in most all games even the ones they should have been killed by. IMO it goes on the coaching staff more than Bray for not winning. I hope he kills it in the NFL and all the haters will be strutting around bragging he come from tennessee if he does well. Good luck Bray Patterson Hunter and Riveira GBO

They are not haters they do not know football plus they are jealous.

I am so glad he is gone. Let the pros work with the headcase for awhile. Maybe they can turn him around or at least get him pointed in the right direction for a career outside of football.

Reactions: 1 person
Another Sam Bowie? Some team will draft him just because of his size. Because that's the only thing he's got going for him!

If you are arguing Bray's abilities are even in the same region of the universe with Peyton's, well I'm not sure what to say.

Looks to me like Bray broke Manning's records. The abilities are there. Put Bray on those teams of the 90s and we win multiple NC's.

When I first saw this post the volnationer' in me finished it with ".....his letter of intent to play for the tn volunteers."

1995 Record 11-1 Finished # 2
1996 Record 10-2 Finished # 10
1997 Record 11-2 Finished # 7

Were you even alive back then or do you just have a bad memory? You need to google it if you don't remember those teams or don't think they "sniffed a NC"? We were in the national discussion every year and gameday came to multiple games a year featuring the Vols. It was light years ahead of where we are now!
Nonetheless, I don't think arguing against the greatest player to ever play for Tennessee will get you far on this board. Good luck though sport!

I could careless about "getting far on a a message board" lol. The fact of the matter is, Qbs are ultimately judged on winning, National Championships, and also your lover Manning never beat UF.

Looks to me like Bray broke Manning's records. The abilities are there. Put Bray on those teams of the 90s and we win multiple NC's.

You put Manning in that style of offence and Manning throws for tons more yardage. We'll find out whether Braying reaches Hall of Fame status soon enough.

Eric Ainge 2.0?

Not even close Eric Ainge beat ranked teams. In my opinion, Eric Ainge was much better than Bray. Ainge had decent weapons, but Bray played with a better Oline and more talent at wide out. Ainge did have meachem, smith, and swain, but they are not hunter, rodgers, a rodgers, CP. Ainge pulled it out against Florida, Georgia, Bama, and the freak game at LSU which was just a classic after that god awful throw he made at the end of the 2nd qtr from our own endzone.

Bray is great against mid majors, but not the big boys. To say Ainge 2.0 is just beating up Ainge. Ainge had a drug issue that Notre Dame game changed is career. If given the right chance he could have been successful in the NFL.......he went to the Jets QB's dont succeed with the Jets. :good!:

Reactions: 3 people
You put Manning in that style of offence and Manning throws for tons more yardage. We'll find out whether Braying reaches Hall of Fame status soon enough.

I just think its hilarious how much y'all love Manning, but diss Bray. It makes no sense. If you put Manning on this team we've had, y'all would hate him more than anyone.

Manning "won" with a great running game and a great defense. Also, the SEC then wasn't ANYWHERE close to what it is today. Sometimes I feel like most people on this board never played a down of football, and only like the Vols because you live in Tennessee.

I don't remember Manning finishing a game like Bray did against Florida this year. We had minus 8 yards in our last 3 possessions, and Bray finished with 7 straight incompletions. This was while we were trying to make a comeback. One of the Florida players said it best. Tennessee players were frontrunners. Maybe he was talking about Bray and Hunter.

I just think its hilarious how much y'all love Manning, but diss Bray. It makes no sense. If you put Manning on this team we've had, y'all would hate him more than anyone.

Manning "won" with a great running game and a great defense. Also, the SEC then wasn't ANYWHERE close to what it is today. Sometimes I feel like most people on this board never played a down of football, and only like the Vols because you live in Tennessee.

Where did I bash Bray? Quite the opposite actually. Here's my earlier post in this thread:

We didn't lose many games this year because of Tyler Bray. We lost games because our defense couldn't stop a Pop Warner team. Too many games were placed on Tyler's shoulders this year.

I could careless about "getting far on a a message board" lol. The fact of the matter is, Qbs are ultimately judged on winning, National Championships, and also your lover Manning never beat UF.

Look sport! I'm just pointing out that your argument that Bray is better than Manning is laughable. You are the only person I have ever heard make that argument. Thanks for the laugh!

Tyler was a great passing QB! Good luck and thanks for the exciting offense!

Tyler is a great passing QB if he has no pressure put on him and his receivers use their speed to become wide open.

Put a little pressure on Bray, he couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Unlike others on here I enjoyed seeing TB in orange the past 3 years and hope he does well in representing the Vols in the NFL. I'm just disappointed he had to play for the coach he had while here. Here's to you TB hope you tear the league up and always be a VFL! Screw the haters!

Tyler is a great passing QB if he has no pressure put on him and his receivers use their speed to become wide open.

Put a little pressure on Bray, he couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Wow, you basically described every QB. Guess he will always have a spot on the Cowboys roster.:good!:

Well they both have something in common. They both never beat Florida

VN Store

Back