Hyams reporting Bray has signed

I just think its hilarious how much y'all love Manning, but diss Bray. It makes no sense. If you put Manning on this team we've had, y'all would hate him more than anyone.

Manning "won" with a great running game and a great defense. Also, the SEC then wasn't ANYWHERE close to what it is today. Sometimes I feel like most people on this board never played a down of football, and only like the Vols because you live in Tennessee.

So you will agree then that the only reason t martin won a national championship was because of our defense and NOT him?

I just think its hilarious how much y'all love Manning, but diss Bray. It makes no sense. If you put Manning on this team we've had, y'all would hate him more than anyone.

Manning "won" with a great running game and a great defense. Also, the SEC then wasn't ANYWHERE close to what it is today. Sometimes I feel like most people on this board never played a down of football, and only like the Vols because you live in Tennessee.

Your assessment of manning is idiotic and displays your knowledge, or lack of, of football.

Reactions: 2 people
There sure are some miserable a$$ people on here? Is it BC of the holidays or did everyone run out of their meds at the same time? Some of y'all should do the world a favor and go play in traffic.

Seriously where is he projected? Somebody said in one of the first three rounds, is that really right?

As far as people not happy with vol fans dissing Bray, I really can't blame them. If Bray is all pro, super great for TN, but let's be honest I can only associate him as a losing QB in the SEC and the worst time in TN football history. Sure I blame Dooley, but you know the QB always gets the blame and what about those games he really played terrible against good defenses?

......his national letter of intent to play at Tennessee. Great work as usual Jimmy - haha. Good luck Tyler. Go Vols.

Good luck to Tyler in the NFL. I don't believe that he will be a good NFL QB. This doesn't make me a Vol hater. Irregardless of a horrible defense- Bray acted immature on/off the field & abandoned film study. Not what you want out of your team leader. Did he really give his all for Tennessee? Yes he played under Dooley but he had a good QB mentor in OC Chaney (see Brees / Orton) & good QB coach in Hinshaw to lean on if he needed. Bray had a great O-line, 2 NFL caliber WRs & TE.

I hope Tyler shines in the NFL, starts a Saturday night football game and says his high school in the intro. Every one will cry immediately, start 15 threads about how he isn't a VOL and cry some more. I've never seen fans bash a player from the team they support more than our fans. But when/if he shows out, sets some records, makes a pro bowl etc.. everyone will claim they supported him the whole time and talk about how he will be a future coach here or something. I wish Tyler the best of luck and will pull for him at the next level..no doubt

Reactions: 1 person
Not even close Eric Ainge beat ranked teams. In my opinion, Eric Ainge was much better than Bray. Ainge had decent weapons, but Bray played with a better Oline and more talent at wide out. Ainge did have meachem, smith, and swain, but they are not hunter, rodgers, a rodgers, CP. Ainge pulled it out against Florida, Georgia, Bama, and the freak game at LSU which was just a classic after that god awful throw he made at the end of the 2nd qtr from our own endzone.

Bray is great against mid majors, but not the big boys. To say Ainge 2.0 is just beating up Ainge. Ainge had a drug issue that Notre Dame game changed is career. If given the right chance he could have been successful in the NFL.......he went to the Jets QB's dont succeed with the Jets. :good!:

Eric Ainge never beat any team...the Vols did. Did Ainge's defense allow 40+ points per game to good teams? In your mind, Archie Manning must be one of the worst NFL QBs in history. Most sports experts, however, disagree and consider Archie a very good QB on a very poor team.

Ainge went to the Jets who had, and still have, terrible QB play. Yet, as bad as the Jets were, Ainge wasn't evaluated to be good enough to take even a SINGLE snap in the pros. We shall see about Bray, but I bet he does better than Ainge.

And, whether he does or not, it is shameful for supposed Vol fans to constantly bash Bray. It is similar, but worse, than when Clausen was here. Many of those Clausen haters now consider him to be one of the great QBs. Funny how their opinions change over time.

Bray certainly has some negatives, but many people simply cannot grasp the concept that it is difficult to beat certain teams when your defense allows over 40 points per game to the good teams. Peyton is possibly the greatest QB to ever play the game. I think if the Vols 1997 opponents scored 40+ points per game like they did against this year's defense, he would have had a grand total of 3 wins that year.

This is a team sport and to say a QB lost the game or won the game is very simple-minded. If the team's defense is bad enough, no QB, including Manning, could win. Remember that in Manning's days, the Vols only had one good team and good coach to compete against (Spurrier).

I even saw one comment on here that the only reason Bray will be drafted is because of his height. Really? I suppose sometimes you just have to bow to the absurd.

in 2 years after he's (mark it) 4th round draft choice...and gets cut after year 2nd year of pros...honestly he ain't got that attitude for the pros.................

in 2 years after he's (mark it) 4th round draft choice...and gets cut after year 2nd year of pros...honestly he ain't got that attitude for the pros.................

Ain't got the pro attitude? You mean he doesn't only care about himself and making as much money as he possibly can?

I have a feeling Bray will be fine. Another year of college would have probably earned him a couple million more in guarantees, but I don't think he'll regret this.

Or throwing beer bottles at " parked" cars?????

Good luck to Tyler in the NFL. I don't believe that he will be a good NFL QB. This doesn't make me a Vol hater. Irregardless of a horrible defense- Bray acted immature on/off the field & abandoned film study. Not what you want out of your team leader. Did he really give his all for Tennessee? Yes he played under Dooley but he had a good QB mentor in OC Chaney (see Brees / Orton) & good QB coach in Hinshaw to lean on if he needed. Bray had a great O-line, 2 NFL caliber WRs & TE.

Link to where bray abandoned studying film? I swear, some of y'all just dream this sh!t up and then try and convince others BC you think you are right. Also, the o line was terrible his freshman year and he barely played behind the one for his sophomore year. He barely played with both d rogers and hunter at the same time. This year he played behind a great o line, had a deep receiving corp and a decent run game and he qb'd the 2nd best statistical offense we have ever had. Why does everyone want to put losing on his shoulders? If we had even a mediocre defense we win 9 games with that type of offensive production. It wasn't his fault he couldn't overcome our awful defense. But I guess you throw for 3500+ and 35+ TDs by abandoning film study. Y'all are a bunch of hateful morons and I hope everything bad in life happens to you.

Having made more in 2 years then you will in 10
Stop bashing the boy you guys look stupid

Too much hating going on around here. I wish all our Vols the best and I see no reason to dog them out. After all, these Seniors have only been through what seems like 100 coaches.

VN Store

Back