Hyams reporting Bray has signed

Truth is, its almost impossible to see how good a QB is going to be in the NFL. Unlike every other position in which college success pretty much translates to pro success, the QB slot is so very different. It is hard to know if the offensive line covered weaknesses that will be glaring in the big show. I wish Bray the best though and hope he can do well.

Ok folks lets take a breath and wish TB good luck and move the heck on. The truth of the matter is that we will be going through another rebuilding process and its going to take some time to debug.

Tyler will probably go Arian Foster on the NFL. Ho hum at times in college then BOOM in the NFL!

With an agent.

With this crop of NFL eligible college quarterbacks, I see only one team taking a q.b. in the first round. I would guess that K.C. takes Barkely with their pick.

Other than that, everyone will be second or third rounders. I see Bray going to Buffalo, the Jet's or San Diego... He can earn a paycheck by holding the clipboard for a few seasons. In the best case scenerio, he will be like Matt Cassel and be a backup for years and may get some playing time during his contract year and leave as a free agent.

Had Bray returned to U.T., we don't know if he would even be the starter. Then with all of the receivers gone, how would his stats look next season. Also, the crop of q.b's leaving for the NFl next season would possibly put Bray in the 5th or 6th round, so he is probably making the best decision for himself.

It is so hard not to be down on UT football now that it is easy to take things out on the players. Sure, Bray should have had some wins if our defense did something...but he had a couple this year alone that he didn't protect the ball and lost for us, just like Arian. However, he was a fun qb to watch sometimes and always had a big play up his sleeve. I honestly wish him well and I am sorry he had to endure this debacle that Hamilton and Co. created that we are trying to emerge from.

Reactions: 2 people
Good luck TB. Hopefully we will be able to get coached up, something he did not have in Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Bray is not mentally ready for the NFL. He needs to be drafted into a situation like Maillet in New England or how Aaron Rodgers was originally in Green Bay. If he goes into a situation where he is expected to play immediately he will be a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

Good luck TB. Hopefully we will be able to get coached up, something he did not have in Knoxville.

Speaking of being coached up. I noticed where even the q.b. from Duke was on an NFL roster. He played for Cleveland last weekend as their starter.
I guess Cutcliffe can take almost any q.b. and coach them up to make an NFL roster.

I maybe wrong here but I see the Steelers drafting a QB this year
Perhaps Bray would do well under Ben
I do agree that he will need some time to be mentally fit
I also think he may not get that QB slot

Bray is not mentally ready for the NFL. He needs to be drafted into a situation like Maillet in New England or how Aaron Rodgers was originally in Green Bay. If he goes into a situation where he is expected to play immediately he will be a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

I maybe wrong here but I see the Steelers drafting a QB this year
Perhaps Bray would do well under Ben
I do agree that he will need some time to be mentally fit
I also think he may not get that QB slot

Arizona, Buffalo, and Cleveland will probably be taking QB's. Too early to tell with most teams though based on what coach gets hired where.

Last edited:
I think its funny when people say they don't like Bray because he didn't win... What did Manning ever win?

the sec idiot. the reason why we play in this league. alabama 3 times. georgia, usc, auburn, ohio state...etc.
please stop posting. your stupid.

Bray would of been great if we had a half decent coach. I feel bad for him in that fact. But good luck to the guy and hopes for a better team/coach in the NFL.

Never said he was better but your main point was bray never broke .500 well look what his team was good lord. Not to mention coach.

That was my point? I think reading comprehension would serve you well. Try looking at previous posters comments before diving in to prove a point. My only point was that it is laughable to even suggest Bray and Manning's abilities are even on the same planet.

Link to where bray abandoned studying film? I swear, some of y'all just dream this sh!t up and then try and convince others BC you think you are right. Also, the o line was terrible his freshman year and he barely played behind the one for his sophomore year. He barely played with both d rogers and hunter at the same time. This year he played behind a great o line, had a deep receiving corp and a decent run game and he qb'd the 2nd best statistical offense we have ever had. Why does everyone want to put losing on his shoulders? If we had even a mediocre defense we win 9 games with that type of offensive production. It wasn't his fault he couldn't overcome our awful defense. But I guess you throw for 3500+ and 35+ TDs by abandoning film study. Y'all are a bunch of hateful morons and I hope everything bad in life happens to you.

Here is your film study link right out of Tyler Bray's mouth. Oh but I'm sure he was just kidding. Dooley & Chaney had to do damage control. This was after he collapsed like a diseased lung in the 2nd half of the Florida game. I never said in my post he was responsible for all the losing. Of course the Def was horrific. Bray was a good college QB. I said I didn't believe he would be a good NFL QB while at the same time wishing him good luck.

Tyler Bray is putting Florida behind him - SEC Blog - ESPN

I thought that Bray's QB coach was Darin Hinshaw, who played the position in college, in 2010 and 2011. Then his QB coach was Jim Chaney in 2012. Isn't he the one who gets the credit for the prolific passing attack of Drew Brees and Kyle Orton, while at Purdue? You would think that Bray would have been "coached up" by now.

VN Store

Back