Hyams reporting Bray has signed

Hope he gets drafted by a team with a good QB coach. If he had received proper coaching here, he would be a higher draft prospect.

Don't really understand all the hate. He made poor choices, and everyone(including myself) critcized him for it, but at the end of the day, he was still a Vol. If Dooley had been doing his job properly, Bray might have actually learned a lesson. All Dooley taught him was he could get away with anything.

Reactions: 3 people
i'd like to see the film where he was throwing beer bottles at cars. but i guess since there is no film, then you dont believe that either.

by the way, this is what the guy is talking about: Tyler Bray couldn

now stfu beotch

ps. i liked tyler bray. think he has the potential to do well if he wants to bad enough
Weak link IMO, pretty sure Chaney put that rumor down.

Seriously where is he projected? Somebody said in one of the first three rounds, is that really right?

As far as people not happy with vol fans dissing Bray, I really can't blame them. If Bray is all pro, super great for TN, but let's be honest I can only associate him as a losing QB in the SEC and the worst time in TN football history. Sure I blame Dooley, but you know the QB always gets the blame and what about those games he really played terrible against good defenses?

The QB always gets the blame only by those that fail to understand that there are 22 men on the field that determine wins and loses. In some situations, a QB simply cannot overcome the points allowed by the defense. Please let me know what Peyton's record would have been in 1997 if he had a defense like this.

And, what about those weak Vanderbilt teams that Peyton Manning played terrible against in 1995, 1996, and 1997? Good grief people - every QB struggles against some teams. Even Peyton did and he was possibly the greatest QB to ever play the game. Please show me one that hasn't? You simply cannot do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Hope he gets drafted by a team with a good QB coach. If he had received proper coaching here, he would be a higher draft prospect.

Don't really understand all the hate. He made poor choices, and everyone(including myself) critcized him for it, but at the end of the day, he was still a Vol. If Dooley had been doing his job properly, Bray might have actually learned a lesson. All Dooley taught him was he could get away with anything.
I am not sure that Bray would respond to "coaching." I think that he just flies by the seat of his pants. With his talent, that is good enough part of the time.

I just think its hilarious how much y'all love Manning, but diss Bray. It makes no sense. If you put Manning on this team we've had, y'all would hate him more than anyone.

Manning "won" with a great running game and a great defense. Also, the SEC then wasn't ANYWHERE close to what it is today. Sometimes I feel like most people on this board never played a down of football, and only like the Vols because you live in Tennessee.

I find it hilarious how someone is so moronic to compare a kid who couldn't break .500 on a team to a first ballot HOFer. And then what's worse guess that no one played football on here because we don't subscribe to your moronic point of view.

I find it hilarious how someone is so moronic to compare a kid who couldn't break .500 on a team to a first ballot HOFer. And then what's worse guess that no one played football on here because we don't subscribe to your moronic point of view.

Comparing what manning had as a team and what bray had and expect bray to do what manning did is moronic

Give bray little, Wilson, ranoch, Lewis, Henry and all the other NFL stars on defense and running backs and brays record would completely different including great coaches

Comparing what manning had as a team and what bray had and expect bray to do what manning did is moronic

Give bray little, Wilson, ranoch, Lewis, Henry and all the other NFL stars on defense and running backs and brays record would completely different including great coaches

So was Bray a better college QB than Manning? I'll await your answer as well as the future responses to see what qualifies as moronic.

So was Bray a better college QB than Manning? I'll await your answer as well as the future responses to see what qualifies as moronic.

Never said he was better but your main point was bray never broke .500 well look what his team was good lord. Not to mention coach.

No one knows what Bray could have done if he was surrounded by a better team and coaches. Braying was his worst own enemy at times with his immature behavior.

The QB always gets the blame only by those that fail to understand that there are 22 men on the field that determine wins and loses. In some situations, a QB simply cannot overcome the points allowed by the defense. Please let me know what Peyton's record would have been in 1997 if he had a defense like this.

And, what about those weak Vanderbilt teams that Peyton Manning played terrible against in 1995, 1996, and 1997? Good grief people - every QB struggles against some teams. Even Peyton did and he was possibly the greatest QB to ever play the game. Please show me one that hasn't? You simply cannot do it.

The starting QB is the top leader of the team. People don't have a problem understanding that there are 22players in the starting line up. They just understand that the QB is the #1 guy in the starting line up. The difference between 1 and 2 depends on how good of an overall player/leader the QB is. Bray is a talented athlete, not so good team player/leader. He did what he wanted cause he wanted the "swagger". Instead of throwing to the short guy like he was told to do by his coaches he would go for the long ball.

Peyton Manning may not have been able to win every game on his own but he was a leader. If something goes wrong with a drive and his team is losing he isn't on the sideline laughing with teammates. But on the phone trying to figure out what to do or meeting with his players. He also wasn't looking at the opposing coach shaking his head after a td pass like he did vs Vandy.

It's very well known that bray loved the Big Man on Campus status that the starting QB position brought. So he can't complain when people expect him to earn it on the field and put the team on his shoulders. They go together and can't be seperated.

Wish the guy the best in the nfl, but more importantly I hope he matures. If he doesn't chances are higher he won't do well. Glad he has moved on.

No one knows what Bray could have done if he was surrounded by a better team and coaches. Braying was his worst own enemy at times with his immature behavior.

True and no one knows what Dooley could have done with a more mature starting QB. :hi:

All he had to do to "relate to the fans" (whatever the hell that means) was to win big games. He couldn't win one big game in his entire college career. I could see someone taking a flyer on him in the 3rd round (maybe the 2nd, but I think that would be a mistake).

Bray didn't play defense, all he did was put points on the board. So of course our losing was his fault and his alone, right? :whistling:

How about the ultimate goal? National Championship? Manning couldn't even sniff one. He let someone else come in and win one.

You do realize this is football, and not tennis, right? Team sport, not individual. Manning never had a defense like the '98 defense.

369tjq.jpg

The starting QB is the top leader of the team. People don't have a problem understanding that there are 22players in the starting line up. They just understand that the QB is the #1 guy in the starting line up. The difference between 1 and 2 depends on how good of an overall player/leader the QB is. Bray is a talented athlete, not so good team player/leader. He did what he wanted cause he wanted the "swagger". Instead of throwing to the short guy like he was told to do by his coaches he would go for the long ball.

Peyton Manning may not have been able to win every game on his own but he was a leader. If something goes wrong with a drive and his team is losing he isn't on the sideline laughing with teammates. But on the phone trying to figure out what to do or meeting with his players. He also wasn't looking at the opposing coach shaking his head after a td pass like he did vs Vandy.

It's very well known that bray loved the Big Man on Campus status that the starting QB position brought. So he can't complain when people expect him to earn it on the field and put the team on his shoulders. They go together and can't be seperated.

Wish the guy the best in the nfl, but more importantly I hope he matures. If he doesn't chances are higher he won't do well. Glad he has moved on.

Is it?

In my personal interactions with him it hasn't seemed like that. He just seems stoned, which is likely.

Thanks for the input.

VN Store

Back