I just hope white doesn’t try to get...

Truly don’t get the infatuation with Kiffin on this forum.... He’s not shown any type of program building or sustained success. Which we desperately need now.
He absolutely built FAU. Also managed to have the #3 offense in the nation and score at will against Bama. #2 with a minimum of five games. If you take away his year at UT he is likely the top candidate.

This^^^^^^^^. Kiffin peddles his snake oil to anyone that will listen. His entire coaching career has been below average to mediocre. His boat has sailed. Coaches that have been average at best just don't suddenly turn it around after 10-15 years of HCing. We can thank our lucky stars that he is not in the mix.
Kiffin also had it made at Florida Atlantic. He had a good thing going there and was actually able to recruit some good talent to play there. Plus he was being paid a great salary and living in Boca Raton.

Not going to be Kiffin or Freeze..... my $ is on Fleck. 11-2 in 2019 @ Minnesota. The other 2 have too much negative history. Kiffin would be a desperation hire and Freeze too much baggage.... neither have “integrity”.
3-4 in 2020. Do you really think we’re hiring a coach off a losing record?

Reactions: Border Vol
If you say so. I definitely saw him trolling almost ever defense ole miss played this past season with a fraction of the talent on offense we currently have here

Yes, that had an above SEC QB at his disposal when he got there! While UT had the worse QB in the conference! You and others like you are DELUSIONAL!!! Kiffin will be fired from Ole Miss within 4 years or take another Power 5 job outside of the conference due to not being able to cut it in the SEC!!!!!

If Kiffin leaves OM after 1 year like he did us, I don’t want him.
THANK YOU. Its not even about him being a good coach because he is.
But you cant build a program around somebody like that...if he's jumping with his "heart" all the time.
You will never have a stable culture with Lane. Because he is not settled.

Too cute with this hire. And by cute I mean thinking he needs to deliver a candidate none of us would've seen coming or considered ourselves. This one should be easy. Hire kiffin amd be done with it. He checks all the boxes. If not kiffin get freeze. But don’t try to get too creative by going with a coordinator or a small school coach we’ve never heard of. Hire a known commodity.
Lol what if he brings in someone we don’t see coming like Saban? :)

Too cute with this hire. And by cute I mean thinking he needs to deliver a candidate none of us would've seen coming or considered ourselves. This one should be easy. Hire kiffin amd be done with it. He checks all the boxes. If not kiffin get freeze. But don’t try to get too creative by going with a coordinator or a small school coach we’ve never heard of. Hire a known commodity.
I don't think he gives a rats ars about what people on this board want, think, propose, project discuss, post , or suggest. He is a grown, educated, and mature person who is well aware of why he was hired. If he blows this hire, he knows his future will be down the river and his family will disown him. Relax, he will make a great decision and it will do it in the next 2-4 days.

Well contracts can be structured to prevent that. There should be a massive buyout for the first few years. These guys are going to go where the best professional option exists. It’s nothing personal. Most of us would do the same. I’d say give him a huge offer and include the terms that would absolutely prevent him from leaving for another job.
Or at the very least, make his buyout large enough where if he does leave, we are VERY well compensated for it, and can use it to hire the next coach.

Reactions: tbones0711
What’s his buyout?
ED508C1A-BDFC-4CF3-B0E4-2435554D95F9.jpeg
I say whatever it takes. The guy has been on the inside at Bama so he knows what it takes to beat them. Players love playing for him and he would sure bring excitement and enthusiasm back into the program. Yes, I know he ditched us before, but anybody would leave for their dream job and you would be lying if you said you wouldn’t. He knows he screwed up big time by doing that but he is our best chance to get back to revelance and get back quickly. Again, he made a huge career mistake but he is a good coach and players respond to him and his style. Their are a few others I would be happy with but he is my first choice.

View attachment 343841
I say whatever it takes. The guy has been on the inside at Bama so he knows what it takes to beat them. Players love playing for him and he would sure bring excitement and enthusiasm back into the program. Yes, I know he ditched us before, but anybody would leave for their dream job and you would be lying if you said you wouldn’t. He knows he screwed up big time by doing that but he is our best chance to get back to revelance and get back quickly. Again, he made a huge career mistake but he is a good coach and players respond to him and his style. Their are a few others I would be happy with but he is my first choice.

I just know with the amount of money offered, the buyout had to be pretty big

Lol

THANK YOU. Its not even about him being a good coach because he is.
But you cant build a program around somebody like that...if he's jumping with his "heart" all the time.
You will never have a stable culture with Lane. Because he is not settled.
Thank God people see this...That’s what I’ve said the whole time.

You should apply for Athletic Director since you know everything lol.

What we need is a program building head coach. I don't care if he doesn't have SEC experience. He needs to be a leader and someone who can get the most out of everybody, including assistants. Get a small school coach that wins for all I care and hire Freeze as OC. He'd probably jump on the opportunity. Freeze seems repentant and looks to have run a clean ship at lately. Sankey may not allow him to be a HC, but probably would allow him as OC.

Kiffin is a bigger risk than Freeze IMO. I figure some NFL team will be calling him the next year or so for an OC job and he will bolt. Yeah, but we can load his contract with a big buyout. So? If he couldn't leave, he would just do something to get fired for cause. He doesn't care. Lane is all about Lane.

Reactions: Vol4life2

VN Store

Back