I really like our chances in the Swamp

This FL team lost to a bad Miami team and struggled against Toledo and you guys sound like they shut down Oregon. You play the game and match-ups tell the story. If our O-line can play up to their "expected" potential, we win this game. If they are not as good as predicted, then we lose. That is the biggest match-up of this game. If they turn the ball over multiple times, we have a much better chance to win, also!

GO VOLS!! Brick-by-Brick

Trying to quote BleedorangeinGA, but it won't let me.

BleedorangeinGA: I couldn’t respectively disagree more. I don’t see us being able to put together a TD drive on Florida. Maybe a few FG’s, Florida can win this game with 14 points. Hope I’m wrong but don’t think I am.

I agree. I would be pleasantly surprised if our offense is able to put together any drives that result in a TD. I think our best shot at scoring a TD is going to be as a result of a Florida turnover deep inside their own territory.

Last edited:
Its fair to say we have a up hill battle with Florida and the turnovers are the premium to help our Offense.

As far as point number 5 is concerned, I think the coaching staff has been limiting the offense because of Worely. He doesn't have the legs to be a threat in the read option, so he hands the ball of everytime. He doesn't have a strong arm, so throws are limited to short routes. When you have to disregard the better part of the playbook because of your quarterback, you have problems.

The fact that the coaching staff, up to this point, felt that Worely is our best option is concerning. Florida isn't the Florida of the Spurrier or Meyer years, and they are vulnerable, but I am not sure we have the playmakers to take advantage.

Reactions: 1 person
Injury update:
• Out: WR Devrin Young, TE Alex Ellis, DT Trevarris Saulsberry, TE Justin Meredith, TE Joseph Ayres, CB Riyahd Jones, WR Ryan Jenkins, LB Raiques Crump, WR Ryan Jenkins, K George Bullock, OL Mack Crowder, WR Johnathon Johnson

• Limited: TE A.J. Branisel, WR Pig Howard, LB Brent Brewer, LB Dontavis Sapp, S Max Arnold, CB Michael F. Williams, S Byron Moore, S Brian Randolph

Also, it should be noted that Florida's OL woes have persisted and Driskel hasn't been practicing as he's been on crutches for a majority of their off-time between the Miami game and ours.

I'm being presumptuous here but I think Florida has shown far more of their playbook than we have with ours. Injuries all over the OL for Florida and a sprained knee for Driskel (after already missing half of Fall Camp also missed 1.5 weeks of a 2 week Bye period) are adding up to lost time to fix problems.

I feel like UT has a legit shot. Not predicting a win but if we force turnovers giving our Offense a short field, we can make it happen.

Injury update:
• Out: WR Devrin Young, TE Alex Ellis, DT Trevarris Saulsberry, TE Justin Meredith, TE Joseph Ayres, CB Riyahd Jones, WR Ryan Jenkins, LB Raiques Crump, WR Ryan Jenkins, K George Bullock, OL Mack Crowder, WR Johnathon Johnson

• Limited: TE A.J. Branisel, WR Pig Howard, LB Brent Brewer, LB Dontavis Sapp, S Max Arnold, CB Michael F. Williams, S Byron Moore, S Brian Randolph

Does anyone know if these guys are in any danger of missing Florida? We need playing time and production from them.

Also, I thought Johnson returned to practice but was limited. Wasn't classified as out. Did something else come up? Injury Report thread has nothing on this.

Injury update:

Wow, thanks for the update. I was traveling earlier in the week and didn't realize we had that many injuries.

Injury update:

Thought Jonathan Johnson was going to be back this week...no?

Also, it should be noted that Florida's OL woes have persisted and Driskel hasn't been practicing as he's been on crutches for a majority of their off-time between the Miami game and ours.

I'm being presumptuous here but I think Florida has shown far more of their playbook than we have with ours. Injuries all over the OL for Florida and a sprained knee for Driskel (after already missing half of Fall Camp also missed 1.5 weeks of a 2 week Bye period) are adding up to lost time to fix problems.

I feel like UT has a legit shot. Not predicting a win but if we force turnovers giving our Offense a short field, we can make it happen.

Nah, forget about it. Tenn has an SEC OL----that's about it. Few spots on the DL, but otherwise, way behind on team talent. It takes the hosses, especially in Gainesville. Probably 90 degrees Saturday. Tennesssee will likely make 2 FGS and miss 2. Florida's defense could handle Oregon. Score will be like--------24-6. Hate it-----But IIWII.

It will be awhile if Florida will ever be as good as they were with Spurrier/Meyer. They are going downhill.

I felt good until the second half of the Florida game last year. If Burton doesn't hit any big plays I feel pretty good about our defense even after the debacle in Oregon.

I feel like that guy has been on their team for 12 years.

The never-ending student. Kind of like Tom Green in Road Trip.

I'm not putting money on a win for the Vols, but I do like some things about this game:

1) Based on interviews only, it seems like this team wants to bounce back in the worst way. This is the game I want if I am a player after a gut-check. Florida is a beatable team and a win would be a HUGE statement. It's rare you can make such a statement over a relatively average team - but that is the case with Florida. There's enough here to create some motivation for extra hours in the film room.

2) Florida has not shown the offensive firepower to put this game out of reach early.

3) Our team, so far this season, has been more disciplined and opportunistic. In a defensive game, those two attributes are very important.

4) I hate calling for a new QB, but if Worley produces a few more of his 3-and-out deer-in-headlights drives, I don't see how Butch can pass up giving another QB a shot to make something happen.

5) I could be wrong about this, so please correct if that's the case: It sounds like the coaches have been developing the playcalling and offensive plan around Worley's assets.

Based on this week's presser, it sounds like they now recognize that it's just not enough. Hopefully we pull out some new wrinkles that Florida doesn't have tape on and we get some big plays for a half. Once again, in a defensive game, this could be a big factor.

Each and everytime that we get a lead in the Florida game, we start to look at the score board, in disbelief.
Then we start to second guess ourselves. Then we make mistakes and end up losing.

Of all the times that we beat Florida, I can only remember one time that we out played them. The other times, they messed up and beat themselves.

Maybe with this coaching staff, we can get over the mental hump and start to believe that we can actually beat them......

When we play toe to toe with them and end up losing, it is generally because of a mental issue. We start to look around in disbelief because we are ahead of them...

so you feel like we're gonna win, but you also feel like our QB situation is unsettling enough that Worley could be pulled.... ?

just making sure

Nah, forget about it. Tenn has an SEC OL----that's about it. Few spots on the DL, but otherwise, way behind on team talent. It takes the hosses, especially in Gainesville. Probably 90 degrees Saturday. Tennesssee will likely make 2 FGS and miss 2. Florida's defense could handle Oregon. Score will be like--------24-6. Hate it-----But IIWII.

John, fair analogy except Florida's D handling Oregon. Man lets be fair. I don't think ANY D is going to "handle" OU this year. Slow them down some yes, but I could see Oregon scoring 30 on Florida or Bama.

Not sure if serious.

There is a much greater potential to keep the final score reasonable because of Florida's QB issues and some other weaknesses on their offense, but Florida is as good as Oregon in many areas.

Tennessee has to play way better than anything we've seen thus far in order to not be blown out.

If we lose by say, less than 2 TDs, we shouldn't be too disappointed.

I BEG YOUR PARDON!:yuck::yuck:

I really like our chances in the Swamp
I'm not putting money on a win for the Vols

I'm confused, what are you trying to say? I think we have a chance, but not really?

John, fair analogy except Florida's D handling Oregon. Man lets be fair. I don't think ANY D is going to "handle" OU this year. Slow them down some yes, but I could see Oregon scoring 30 on Florida or Bama.

I seem to remember LSU's D handling that read option. UF has that type of talent. Big, strong fast guys and DEPTH--------Oregon looked ordinary pac 10 vs LSU. Auburn, to a lesser degree. This O team isn't much better than previous.

I seem to remember LSU's D handling that read option. UF has that type of talent. Big, strong fast guys and DEPTH--------Oregon looked ordinary pac 10 vs LSU. Auburn, to a lesser degree. This O team isn't much better than previous.

It will be interesting to watch for sure. I hope they make it to the NC game against a SEC team.

Injury update:

Walking wounded, sounds like the Vols need Volunteers

VN Store

Back