I really like our chances in the Swamp

We're not beating flordia sorry but were not. For people believing we have a chance it will be Oregon all over again for y'all. If we do win its a miracle cause this team downright sucks. I like CBJ and think he's going to bring us back, but this team sucks and he's got his hands full.

OrangeAllDay, I see you are currently a resident of Hailey, Idaho, which isn't far from Stanley and the Sawtooth Mountains. I've visited there a couple of times and it's absolutely gorgeous country. Has the fall foliage begun to turn yet? Your "backyard" is a magnificent diversion when the football program hits choppy waters.

It will be awhile if Florida will ever be as good as they were with Spurrier/Meyer. They are going downhill.

You're right. Unfortunately, they've gotta come way downhill and we've gotta good bit to climb before we pass each other on the hill. Just have virtually no chance to win Saturday.

Really based on what? I am not saying they are not an awesome D, but the best in the country?

If they weren't already the best defense in the country, we will certainly make them look like they are on a NATIONAL stage.

We're not beating flordia sorry but were not. For people believing we have a chance it will be Oregon all over again for y'all. If we do win its a miracle cause this team downright sucks. I like CBJ and think he's going to bring us back, but this team sucks and he's got his hands full.

Wont be as bad as Oregon. I think Florida will score in the high 30's or 40's and Tennessee can manage at least two touchdowns (not including the meaningless one's at the end of the game).

Reactions: 1 person
Originally Posted by RockyTop411
It will be awhile if Florida will ever be as good as they were with Spurrier/Meyer. They are going downhill.

we have a 5 star QB, RB, & WR commited right now the wr and rb are out of dade too so you know they play the best comp in the country and incase you dont know about dalvin cook check em he's behind only fourntette imo and he aint too far behind at all kid is a MONSTER

Dalvin Cook-Miami Central-RB-Class of 2014 - YouTube

and will grier could be an absolute stud along with ermon lane

Last edited:
Let's be real: we aren't going to win this game unless there is some sort of florida meltdown. We've had much better teams than this and been waxed by florida--and in fact we get waxed by florida pretty much all the time. Even when we beat them in '98 and went on to win the national title, we got a TON of breaks. They had 5 turnovers--including a fumble into our endzone, missed a FG at the end, etc. We're not good enough, and making a wish on a star isn't going to change that, I'm afraid.

The problem has been that when UT is up, Florida is up more. And When Florida has been down, UT has been down even more. The only exceptions to that were the Ron Zook years.

Like you said, even when we are good, we cant beat Florida. There is nothing I saw in the first 3 weeks that makes me think we can win. However, we can look less retarded.

After the thumping the Ducks put on us we should go into Gainesville ready to open up a real can on those Gators. It's the only way to beat them, because you know they always get up for this game. Our QB play, secondary and running game are crucial in us winning.

Too many negative nancys on here...

1 Offensive TD
1 Defensive TD
2 FG

Vols win 20-17

Until we do something to prove otherwise its not being negative it's being realistic. There's a difference between being hopeful & delusional.

Until we do something to prove otherwise its not being negative it's being realistic. There's a difference between being hopeful & delusional.

So we're supposed to think we suc and are gonna lose until we win?

Actually that sounds about right.

Explain to me a scenario where Florida only scores 17 points on our defense? That dog dont hunt!

1) Their offense is awful. They only scored 24 on Toledo. 16 on Miami.

2) Our defense isn't all that bad. We got torched by Oregon - likely the best offense in college football. I liked our showing vs. WKU. At this point, all indications are that WKU has a better offense than Florida.

Too many negative nancys on here...

1 Offensive TD
1 Defensive TD
2 FG

Vols win 20-17

It's not negative, it's realistic. Or have you not been paying attention.

Look I wish I could be like you, have a "GOLLY GEE TODAY IS GONNA BE GREAT" attitude, but I'm not a Mouseketeer. I've seen UF dominate this series for over 20 years now, and after witnessing what happened last week, I find it very hard to believe we fix any big problems in 6 days, against a team like UF.

UF isn't UF of the past but they're still much better than us. Sad but true.

Its why i wrote deja vu all over again earlier.

If there is anything this game has proven in recent years it's that if Florida's offense is bad, Tennessee's defense is worse.

Brantley and Driskel numbers vs. Tennessee are outstanding.

Those "bad" offenses all hung over 30+ on the scoreboard

To reverse the trend, they have to apply pressure, cover well and tackle.

I dont see that happening

To be fair, you really can't pin any numbers from 2011 or 2012 on UT.

2011 was a similar bend-don't-break scheme with worse (or younger, in some cases) players.

2012 was a horribly coached scheme that didn't fit the players at all. You can't force a 3-4 with horrible coaches on a team that doesn't have the players for it. I would think you'd realize that by now.

2013 so far has had it's ups and downs. I still don't think we know what kind of Defense we have for better or worse. The loss of Saulsberry/Couch for this game is a huge hit but hopefully we can at least get Maggitt in.

1) Their offense is awful. They only scored 24 on Toledo. 16 on Miami.

2) Our defense isn't all that bad. We got torched by Oregon - likely the best offense in college football. I liked our showing vs. WKU. At this point, all indications are that WKU has a better offense than Florida.

1) Check last year, same thing was said before they played us. For that matter pretty much every year the talk here is how bad UF looks before us. How does that usually work out?

2) Based on what? WKU just got beat by South Alabama.
Fact is WKU really isn't that good, too many looked WAY too much into their victory over UK.

Originally Posted by RockyTop411

we have a 5 star QB, RB, & WR commited right now the wr and rb are out of dade too so you know they play the best comp in the country and incase you dont know about dalvin cook check em he's behind only fourntette imo and he aint too far behind at all kid is a MONSTER

Dalvin Cook-Miami Central-RB-Class of 2014 - YouTube

and will grier could be an absolute stud along with ermon lane

Wasn't Driskel a 5* (99 ovr) prospect... :eek:lol:

The defense is nice, but with Miami on the rise, I'd expect things to get dicey around NSD and in the coming years.

These same people saying we have a shot to beat Florida will be the same ones on suicide watch on Monday after yet another dose of reality

Wasn't Driskel a 5* (99 ovr) prospect... :eek:lol:

The defense is nice, but with Miami on the rise, I'd expect things to get dicey around NSD and in the coming years.

Not just Miami but especially FSU. During Florida's heyday both of those programs were down down down.

Not just Miami but especially FSU. During Florida's heyday both of those programs were down down down.

Unfortunately, UT was in its heyday when Florida was in its heyday and their heyday was better than our heyday.....and they won't have to be sniffing their heyday for Saturday, to be a really day.

On the negative side, FL just blew a stellar defensive performance against miami and they had a bye week to prep for us. They also have UK next week, so trap game is out of the question. Law of averages makes Driskol commiting 5 turnovers this week less likely unless petrino is OC.

If we win, it is because our O-line and RBs finally manned up to their potential. And because we had accurate throws and crisp route running. We have to win the special teams too. It would be nice if trey burton got his bell rung on the first offensive play as well.

VN Store

Back