I really like our chances in the Swamp

IMO, we are gonna have to find a QB who is mobile enough to get out of the pocket if/when it collapses and can throw on the run. This is the first time I've ever felt this way, but I just feel like we need to give Ferguson the nod. The guy is a winner. Plain and simple. He definitely did not lose much (if at all)in of high school. Therefore, I believe he would play with a chip on his shoulder, giving him that "it" factor that CBJ speaks of. It's been said that Dobbs is more mobile but it's also been said the Ferguson is not slow. To me, this sounds like he would be able to get away from pressure if needed. And with his "laser" arm, I think he would be able to make the throws he needs to. Again, JMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Mark it: we will need to complete some passes on first down to be competitive in this game. We need to be creative on first down, get the TE and slot receivers involved, and basically make 5 or more yards. We have to do that so that the florida defense doesn't just load up to stop our run game and keep them off balance. One of things that has killed UT offensively for a DECADE is that we never fool anybody with our play-calling; we are predictable and not creative and we rarely get people in space with the football. This has been an issue for us for forever.

Each and everytime that we get a lead in the Florida game, we start to look at the score board, in disbelief.
Then we start to second guess ourselves. Then we make mistakes and end up losing.

Of all the times that we beat Florida, I can only remember one time that we out played them. The other times, they messed up and beat themselves.

Maybe with this coaching staff, we can get over the mental hump and start to believe that we can actually beat them......

When we play toe to toe with them and end up losing, it is generally because of a mental issue. We start to look around in disbelief because we are ahead of them...

Rudy, if you are too young to remember these, the following games should make you feel better:

1970 Tennessee 38 Florida 7 - YouTube

1990 Tennessee 45 Florida 3 - 1st Half - YouTube
1990 Tennessee 45 Florida 3 (2nd Half) - YouTube

1992 Tennessee 31 Florida 14 (1st Half) - YouTube
1992 Tennessee 31 Florida 14 - 2nd Half - YouTube

2001 Tennessee 34 Florida 32 (Vols Drain the Swamp) - YouTube

IMO, we are gonna have to find a QB who is mobile enough to get out of the pocket if/when it collapses and can throw on the run. This is the first time I've ever felt this way, but I just feel like we need to give Ferguson the nod. The guy is a winner. Plain and simple. He definitely did not lose much (if at all)in of high school. Therefore, I believe he would play with a chip on his shoulder, giving him that "it" factor that CBJ speaks of. It's been said that Dobbs is more mobile but it's also been said the Ferguson is not slow. To me, this sounds like he would be able to get away from pressure if needed. And with his "laser" arm, I think he would be able to make the throws he needs to. Again, JMO.

Not sure what high school records have to do with it. Wasn't Worley's high school team undefeated his senior year?

really just need a guy who can get the ball downfield accurately and consistently.

If you really "like our chances" of winning outright, yet are not wagering on Tennessee (catching 17.5 points), you either:

a) are poor at evaluating football teams, or
b) have poor financial sense

Not sure what high school records have to do with it. Wasn't Worley's high school team undefeated his senior year?

I believe so...but Ferguson, if I'm remembering correctly, has lost 2 games his entire competitive football career. There's a difference. Ferguson led his team, and while I think Worley was a great high school QB, he had really great talent around him(CP for instance.)

I just want a win I don't care how this week,I'm so sick of gators fans I know talking trash. I just want to shut them up for awhile.

Our chances are not good. I don't expect our receivers to get separation from Florida's cheating 'grab and hold' secondary.

just food for thought driskel threw for 291 yds on 22/33 so our offense aint that terrible we have 2 wr's with 100 yds rec already(joker is a damn good wr coach and we're seeing results already)

driskel just totally **** his panties everytime he got into the redzone

we out gained miami by 200 yds of offense (412/211) and won time of poss 40/20 we really just killed ourselves

Last edited:
Based on what we've seen, I think we could win with as little as 14 as well. Their offense is pretty bad.

They only put up 24 against Toledo (who gave up 38 to Missouri and 33 to E Washington)

They only put up 16 against Miami.

The gained over 400 yards against Miami. They just turned the ball over in the red zone 3-4 times. Their O isn't all-world but it isn't as bad as APSU.

The gained over 400 yards against Miami. They just turned the ball over in the red zone 3-4 times. Their O isn't all-world but it isn't as bad as APSU.

Its why i wrote deja vu all over again earlier.

If there is anything this game has proven in recent years it's that if Florida's offense is bad, Tennessee's defense is worse.

Brantley and Driskel numbers vs. Tennessee are outstanding.

Those "bad" offenses all hung over 30+ on the scoreboard

To reverse the trend, they have to apply pressure, cover well and tackle.

I dont see that happening

Is Saulsberry out for the year? Nobody is talking about his loss, which is big. Our DL just took a serious hit, and we can't afford any hits at all.

Lets be realistic folks. We are the same team that got beat by the gators last year,minus all the offensive firepower. Except this time we are in the swamp. I dont like our chances. Hope CBJ and the boys prove me wrong.

This game, more than most, highlights the Maxim of playing for the breaks. If Tennessee is to win or even stay close, they have to take advantage of any mistake Florida makes. If our D-line can get pressure on Driskel while keeping him in the pocket, past performances have shown he is capable of turnovers. Our offense can't turn the ball over, and our special teams cannot let their special teams (which are very good) get a break of their own with a blocked punt/kick, or a punt/kick return for a TD.

Let's be real: we aren't going to win this game unless there is some sort of florida meltdown. We've had much better teams than this and been waxed by florida--and in fact we get waxed by florida pretty much all the time. Even when we beat them in '98 and went on to win the national title, we got a TON of breaks. They had 5 turnovers--including a fumble into our endzone, missed a FG at the end, etc. We're not good enough, and making a wish on a star isn't going to change that, I'm afraid.

We're not beating flordia sorry but were not. For people believing we have a chance it will be Oregon all over again for y'all. If we do win its a miracle cause this team downright sucks. I like CBJ and think he's going to bring us back, but this team sucks and he's got his hands full.

the fact that we melted down in epic fashion last week i dont think we will have that kind of thing happen 2 weeks in a row atleast i hope we dont

we really only have had 3 really terrible games like that UGA last yr UL and miami

the fact that we melted down in epic fashion last week i dont think we will have that kind of thing happen 2 weeks in a row atleast i hope we dont

we really only have had 3 really terrible games like that UGA last yr UL and miami

Is that 3 terrible games out of the last 4?

Its why i wrote deja vu all over again earlier.

If there is anything this game has proven in recent years it's that if Florida's offense is bad, Tennessee's defense is worse.

Brantley and Driskel numbers vs. Tennessee are outstanding.

Those "bad" offenses all hung over 30+ on the scoreboard

To reverse the trend, they have to apply pressure, cover well and tackle.

I dont see that happening

UT's D has a way of helping a struggling O find it's rhythm and confidence.

VN Store

Back