I think Butch tipped his hand...

Yesterday's comments were used exactly the same way CBJ used the talk about the wild cat during the WKU week.

IMO all that was said just to force florida to prepare for more and plans to play JW.

The tone seemed different to me. Could be wrong... but I think he was serious.

The tone seemed different to me. Could be wrong... but I think he was serious.

The part that can't be true IMO is all 4 QBs are being considered. No way 4 QBs split the reps in a game week. That in itself tells me most or all of the talk was for show

If he does start Worley, and let one of the others get playing time...PLEASE leave the 1st string offense in with them!

Peterman, for example, has no shot at accomplishing anything if he's always in with 2nd and 3rd string guys. JMO

A freshman won't start at Florida, Worley will start but Worley will not finish the game.

Very True.. Once UT is up by 40 Peterman will come in.

Reactions: 1 person
Yesterday's comments were used exactly the same way CBJ used the talk about the wild cat during the WKU week.

IMO all that was said just to force florida to prepare for more and plans to play JW.

For the sake of our record and current losing streak to Florida....I hope you're wrong.

A freshman won't start at Florida, Worley will start but Worley will not finish the game.

Very True.. Once UT is up by 40 Peterman will come in.

Lay off the crack during the week. Oregon's defense is childish compared to Florida's.

Frosh should have played before now IMO. Ya know, in the 2 blowouts we had prior to Oregon. But going forward, whichever QB comes out of the swamp, even with a loss, will be a MAN. That's some brutal s*** to ask an 18-19 year old to do in his FIRST game.

The Freshmen didn't beat out Peterman.... apparently.

The part that can't be true IMO is all 4 QBs are being considered. No way 4 QBs split the reps in a game week. That in itself tells me most or all of the talk was for show

Yeah. I can see your point there. But IMO, that means one will be but they don't want UF to know which one. Could be any of the 3 but the safe money is on Peterman IMO.

The Freshman would've had to be unbelievably spectacular to beat out Peterman or Worley in fall camp. They had a month. It's been about two months now and it seems logical that they have progressed more.

Reactions: 1 person
What I gather from that is Peterman or Worley will start and Dobbs or Ferguson will enter for package play specifically.

Yeah. I can see your point there. But IMO, that means one will be but they don't want UF to know which one. Could be any of the 3 but the safe money is on Peterman IMO.

Very possible.

I am hoping for a 2 QB approach

Lay off the crack during the week. Oregon's defense is childish compared to Florida's.

But their O is childish compared to Oregon's. Unless they score better than they have, Jones should have a better chance of just pounding them with the run game in hopes they break at some point.

Their O has put a lot of pressure on their D.

Unfortunately their struggle has been with pass D more than run D.

My thought is Peterman will start maybe see one of the true freshman.I hope not cause that'll mean Peterman is doing a fine job. Hope everyone is not expecting the second coming of Payton cause that's not what we'll see.

Very possible.

I am hoping for a 2 QB approach

I am hoping that Peterman overcomes some of his "decision" problems and takes a stranglehold on the job.

Worley makes the right decisions but when delivering the ball he makes them too late... a la Simms. Fortunately for him, he isn't getting crushed by the pass rush too like Simms did.

IMO, that swagger Jones is referring to is the difference between Bray and Simms.

My thought is Peterman will start maybe see one of the true freshman.I hope not cause that'll mean Peterman is doing a fine job. Hope everyone is not expecting the second coming of Paytoncause that's not what we'll see.

Who wants thay guy? Lol

I think Worley and Peterman will both play against UF. If neither of them perform well, then the freshmen are going to get a shot for South Alabama.

Reactions: 2 people
I just hope we have more than 2 running plays against Fla. The running plays I have seen so far are not fooling anyone. Not even VN and the so called best OL in the SEC is not doing their job either.

Even if youve heard were the best oline [in the SEC] which I still think could be a true statement doesnt mean a disciplined winning oregon shouldnt have whooped them. Their going to the championship this yr.

I could see Peterman starting this weekend honestly. Him being from Florda could help his comfort level.

Ughk Im sure those fans will welcome him with open arms.Only qb who was comfortable in the swamp was Casey Clausen from California. Everyone else has wet the bed down there.

Last edited:
But their O is childish compared to Oregon's. Unless they score better than they have, Jones should have a better chance of just pounding them with the run game in hopes they break at some point.

Their O has put a lot of pressure on their D.

Unfortunately their struggle has been with pass D more than run D.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what we do this week, as long as we dont have to play oregon again.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back