I think Butch tipped his hand...

Agreed. Looks as if Jones has set the stage for Peterman to get his on-field audition. According to an article I read, Dobbs has been working with the scout team. That doesn't rule him out but does suggest he's 4th.

I find it very unlikely that either true Fr gets a trial by fire in the Swamp barring two injuries.

I assumed he was working with the scout team for Oregon week b/c of his similarities to Mario-TAH. I assumed we would use a scout QB week to week that best represents that week's opponent. Is that right, or do they label a scout team like the NFL for the whole season?

A freshman won't start at Florida, Worley will start but Worley will not finish the game.

Very True.. Once UT is up by 40 Peterman will come in.

As your avatar suggests, Super Dave, I do in fact like this.

Reactions: 1 person
Since you asked my thoughts are, "be careful what you wish for when it comes to starting a freshman QB in The Swamp." IMHO
Like it would be worse with Worley, who has shown a knack for choking? I'd rather play a true freshman who has the arm talent I need. The athleticism to be a greased pig to pass rushers, and a mind that quickly picks up the playbook and schemes. At least the coaches can run their style of offense and not be hamstrung by Worley's immobility.

Last edited:
IMO, Worley will start in the Swamp and play as long as he's effective. Then Peterman will go in. Then a freshman if Peterman folds. I think we'll see a freshman start after UGA or Bama, if not before. If Worley could do the job, he'd be doing it. He seems to be a good kid who works hard, but he's not mobile, is inconsistent and lacks the arm strength to make explosive plays. Good teams will stack the box and shut down the run, knowing that Worley won't make them pay. We'll be killed with 3 and outs, while our thin D gets gassed. The Ducks showed just how effective that can be.

and just how do you define choking?
He choked the entire first half against WKU and practically ALL of the game against Oregon. He gets nervous and tentative...so, the coaches never know which version they are going to get. I'd rather play a true freshman with potential than that kind of QB.

He choked the entire first half against WKU and practically ALL of the game against Oregon. He gets nervous and tentative...so, the coaches never know which version they are going to get. I'd rather play a true freshman with potential than that kind of QB.

yeah that's not choking

Worley will start the game. Then once the game is out of hand, he will insert a freshman. Worley will lose his job. At the seasons end, Worley will announce that he will transfer to Furman or some other smaller college in the state of South Carolina.

Worley will not transfer. He knows he is not going to play at the next level and loves his major. He plans on getting his degree in his field of study and UT.

Here is the deal. They either need to teach Worley to set his feet and throw and also run every now and then from the read or a change has to be made because this offense will not work. Peterman is the best at the running part but can he get the ball to receivers downfield like we need to? This week of practice is gonna be something to see and no matter who it ends up being by all means TAKE IT TO FLORIDA FOR 4 QUARTERS!

the fact you used a dictionary definition tells me all I need to know :disappointed:
The fact that I HAD to use a dictionary to prove you wrong should tell everyone all they need to know (about you). Moral of this story = Never argue with a grade school dropout. If you don't even know what the term choking means, what's the use of further discussion about it? Choking is not just a one shot deal. Someone can choke an entire game....as Worley did.

Attachments

• bert_snaps.jpg
    bert_snaps.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Let's not kid ourselves, Worley will start against Florida, but we may indeed see 2 other QB's Play. Jones is at the point that he has to try something, even if it's wrong.

If VN existed in 1994

"Man, this Manning kid is skinny and immobile. Brandon Stewart's mobility gives us a better chance to win. He reminds me of Shuler."
In most cases Stewart would have been a good call. He was highly rated...like Peyton. And he did acquit himself fairly well at A&M. Not the same as Peyton, but the point is you had two good options, between the two.

Peterman will get a shot at starter before they burn a redshirt IMO.

I agree. No sense in burning those in a hurry. And with Peterman being from FL, that has got to be extra motivation to prove something. I would also hate to see our senior and junior QB's consider transferring if a freshman were to take hold of the position.

I agree. No sense in burning those in a hurry. And with Peterman being from FL, that has got to be extra motivation to prove something. I would also hate to see our senior and junior QB's consider transferring if a freshman were to take hold of the position.
Worley would transfer, and rightly so. But I don't know that Peterman would. He, too, is rather young, as a redshirt freshman...and as such, he has little more experience than they do.

Since you asked my thoughts are, "be careful what you wish for when it comes to starting a freshman QB in The Swamp." IMHO

Yeah, it could be worse than starting Worley in Oregon. They may score twice in the first 50 minutes.

I would feel a lot more comfortable with Worley and Peterman sharing time this saturday. We do not want to throw our young guys in the mix at the swamp. That's just not a very good placevto break our young QB in. That's just might thought. What does everybody else think?

I would feel a lot more comfortable with Worley and Peterman sharing time this saturday. We do not want to throw our young guys in the mix at the swamp. That's just not a very good placevto break our young QB in. That's just might thought. What does everybody else think?
100% agree.

Play both and if one needs to be thrown to the wolves it's JW

I assumed he was working with the scout team for Oregon week b/c of his similarities to Mario-TAH. I assumed we would use a scout QB week to week that best represents that week's opponent. Is that right, or do they label a scout team like the NFL for the whole season?.

Some players stay with the scout team.

There are those who have claimed that Ferguson is actually more mobile than Dobbs.

The typical thing to do would be to have two players simulate Mariota... a RB or WR and then a QB.

VN Store

Back