I would rather go .500 this season with Nico than see Milton start a single down from here on out.

Willie Martinez is the opposing team's MVP. Tim Banks comes in 2nd.

As long as those two are on the Vols roster, this team will never...never...reach its' potential.

Fact.

Go Vols.

Didn't realize having less than 50 yards of rushing and multiple presnap penalties was his fault. You want to point fingers? Start with the LOS on both sides of the ball
Biggest disappointment tonight was the DL. Front 7 is a big fraud apparently.

Totally agree with Nico playing at least he can probably throw when rolling out, because our oline is shaky at best. We need a Qb that can roll out. It would give Nico some great experience going into next year.

Funny how everyone blames Milton but no one calls for the defense to be benched for allowing 1 guy to outrush the entire Tennessee team. I'm convinced they either just want him to be the scapegoat or are really clueless about the game.

We need to start all freshman in the secondary because they cannot be as bad as what we put out there every week

I would rather go .500 this season with Nico than see Milton start a single down from here on out.
And I damn well mean it. I am sick of this show. He is gone after this year anyway. Just do it and get it over with. We get to look forward to growing pains next year the longer we keep him in.
GTFO

Reactions: acd4476
And I damn well mean it. I am sick of this show. He is gone after this year anyway. Just do it and get it over with. We get to look forward to growing pains next year the longer we keep him in.
Does JM play defense?

Our defense tonight is the same defense from last year. The only difference tonight is that our offense was pathetic. If we score 40, then the defense is just fine. Nobody wins games in NCAA football anymore 10-7. Our offense put up 10 points in real game time which is an embarrassment and falls squarely on Heupel for playing Milton AKA Jarrett Gaurantano. We will lose 6+ games with Milton at QB.

The amount of crying after 1 loss is laughable. Were you expecting to go undefeated? If so, you have problems with booze or something else...

I’m not ready to throw in the towel. We shave 9 senior starters on defense. Let me see how I feel tho after the 1st drive after the half. I think we can still win this.

Florida was the second worst team we had left on the schedule homie

Reactions: NEO
Milton didnt play defense, Milton didnt jump offsides....the whole team played terrible tonight
Everyone wants to say that JM doesn’t play defense and it’s not his fault. However, Heupels entire system is bent on scoring fast and pressing the other team into obvious passing situations which allows the defense to rush the QB and gamble on INTs. When the QB cannot execute the quick strike because his accuracy is terrible then it all breaks. When Heupel then has to take plays to build Milton’s confidence then it all gets lost. You can use that against FCS, but in the SEC you cannot waste any plays. The fact that I seem to see that Milton’s play breaks Heupels entire team strategy and Heupel DOES NOT see it is a massive red flag. It’s his damn system. He builds the team based o quick strike and 40+ points a game. Then he plays a QB that cannot run his offense. Nico should start next week. Do we really have to lose another SEC game for Heupel to figure out Milton is not the guy? Freshman QBs play every year and play great. If Heupel has to destroy the season to know Milton isn’t the guy the he is not the guy either.

We should start Nico next week to get his feet wet against the cupcakes we're playing. If he sucks too bad, have Milton clean up. Strangely enough, Milton plays better as the #2 QB, fighting to get the start back.

Nico could prolly extend plays that Milton couldn’t. I’m just tired of the vanilla play calling that caters to Milton’s limited abilities. We don’t even really utilize his only talent as a QB.

Reactions: DixieVol
We should start Nico next week to get his feet wet against the cupcakes we're playing. If he sucks too bad, have Milton clean up. Strangely enough, Milton plays better as the #2 QB, fighting to get the start back.
UTSA ain’t no cupcake lmao

It’s ok, someone will be along soon to tell you how far he can throw an orange and how that totally translates into success at the D1 level.

How many of you all were on that thread flaming Basilio for saying Milton wouldn't be great? I'm too lazy to go check.

Everyone wants to say that JM doesn’t play defense and it’s not his fault. However, Heupels entire system is bent on scoring fast and pressing the other team into obvious passing situations which allows the defense to rush the QB and gamble on INTs. When the QB cannot execute the quick strike because his accuracy is terrible then it all breaks. When Heupel then has to take plays to build Milton’s confidence then it all gets lost. You can use that against FCS, but in the SEC you cannot waste any plays. The fact that I seem to see that Milton’s play breaks Heupels entire team strategy and Heupel DOES NOT see it is a massive red flag. It’s his damn system. He builds the team based o quick strike and 40+ points a game. Then he plays a QB that cannot run his offense. Nico should start next week. Do we really have to lose another SEC game for Heupel to figure out Milton is not the guy? Freshman QBs play every year and play great. If Heupel has to destroy the season to know Milton isn’t the guy the he is not the guy either.
That sounds like a problem with the system where you can't adapt. 287 with 2 TDs should be enough from the QB to win if you build a team that can avoid being outrushed by 80 yards to one guy and have a defense.

First game this year we had poor gap discipline. And it caused harm that couldn’t be overcome. 4 tds in a half is inexcusable.

Nico may eventually start but no point in getting him hurt or trashing his confidence now. Tenn o line is awful, need center back, receivers playing poorly, def secondary is still awful, poor tackling and stupid penalties.

Manning could not have overcome all that.

VN Store

Back