Illegal drugs or prescription drugs: Which is the bigger menace to the US of A?

Asks the guy that said hes a better driver when stoned and sold his narcotics to his "friends". Lots of irony, IMO.

Lol, because I was being serious on the former point and certainly referred to classmates as friends. My judgmental nature reaches its breaking point at pillheads. They're all fubar.

You're being quite rude.

I'm guessing you and OE are in the same line of work? It wouldn't surprise me.

Lol, because I was being serious on the former point and certainly referred to classmates as friends. My judgmental nature reaches its breaking point at pillheads. They're all fubar.

You're being quite rude.

Yes, gross generalizations.

Party time......whoooooo!

The problem w drugs is that a lot of people are mentally weak. I know a lot of people who do all sorts of crap and are basically fine. Surely they are destroying their bodies, but are succesful and happy.

The issue is a lot of people get into drugs who can't get off them or who just completely lose control and get addicted.

Personally I have never taken a prescription drug other than allergy medicin and amoxicillin. Even when I got wisdom teeth taken out I asked to not be put under and had the doctor prescribe me stronger ibuprofen instead of Vicodin. Just didn't even want to try it.

You're being quite rude.

Not trying to be rude. I was certain you possessed the thick skin that is required around here.

Not trying to be rude. I was certain you possessed the thick skin that is required around here.

It's not an issue of thick skin when you're taking a completely irrelevant joke I made months ago and trying to produce irony from an actual point I was making in this thread. I just thought it was presumptuous and foolish on your part... perhaps rude was the wrong choice of words.

Regardless, you still can't draw a valid comparison from me flipping one scrip when I was 20 years old to a doctor doing it dozens of times each day.

FTR, I understand that you're pretty anti-drug on all fronts, but it in no way means you're incapable of having a rational perspective on this particular subject. I think I've made it clear that I think prescription narcotics (and the millions of doctors who over-prescribe them) are a growing social problem.

Last edited:
Of all the friends I've had that have experimented with illegal drugs, I've never witnessed those drugs completely destroy their lives like I have with friends that started popping pills. This is only from my own personal experience. IMO prescription drugs are prescribed far too casually in this country and that is creating a trickle down effect where children and teens are getting easier and easier access to them. Not to mention the amount of money spent on enforcing drug laws in this country is ridiculously high. Some of that funding should go toward better regulation of legal prescription drugs.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back