Indigenous Marchers, Covington Catholic HS, and Black Israelites preachers = a buffet of media mess

That's why I don't identify as either side; they're both compromised by their less-civil extremes. I'd fully expect, based on history, to see liberals acting like this at a conservative rally. I find it disgusting, contrary to the on-paper values, and with no benefit whatsoever.
I can't stand to see people acting badly anywhere. There has to be a heckuva lot better reason than just disagreeing politically.

Absolutely. Any confederate statue erected during and shortly after the existence of the CSA should be left alone (except for proper care / restoration). Once you hit the upswing of monument construction in the 1920s as a response to growing black populations and influence, it becomes harder to really justify as they were erected to intimidate rather than memorialize.

It's why I won't allow my children to say the Pledge to the Flag of Mississippi if it passes the vote here.
So do you feel the Crazy Horse monument in South Dakota should be stopped as well? Besides being a monument to someone who killed thousands of Americans, it is complete grafitti in it's destruction of the environment.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
So do you feel the Crazy Horse monument in South Dakota should be stopped as well? Besides being a monument to someone who killed thousands of Americans, it is complete grafitti in it's destruction of the environment.

I am uninformed of the situation and will have to take a look. My opinion will hinge upon regulatory approval, land ownership, and tribal sovereignty.

I could really use some help understanding how some see this behavior as appropriate.

How is this behavior:
  1. Christian?
  2. Conservative?
  3. Republican?
  4. Manly?
What positive end does it achieve? What does anyone learn from it? How does it advance the cause of conservatism in any form, shape, or fashion?

[VIDEO=]

CovCath faces backlash after video of incident at Indigenous Peoples March surfaces

To be honest, they're young, sheltered and privileged and probably thought they were just owning the libs. Real shame on the chaperones/parents that were with them.

To be honest, they're young, sheltered and privileged and probably thought they were just owning the libs. Real shame on the chaperones/parents that were with them.

If they knew many Native Americans, they'd know that they're largely conservative in how they live.

No way in hell I’d let my kid pull some crap like that.

Presumably some adults were there with them since it's a high school group. Unfathomable that they sat by and watched this. Entirely possible though that they participated in it.

Saw someone recommended that the entire HS volunteer to travel to an Indian reservation for volunteer work for the entirety of spring break. Seems fitting to me.

Reactions: AshG
So it’s just getting thru to me there were chaperones and this was a school sanctioned trip? So in addition to my earlier comment about beating the child if he were mine I’d make it a point to follow up face to face with any of the chaperones I might know and explain that is unacceptable behavior to be showing to my child and I’d finish with a drive to the school to talk to the dean with the same message. I wouldn’t care who made what damn statement I’d go on record with my own statement of their actions.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Presumably some adults were there with them since it's a high school group. Unfathomable that they sat by and watched this. Entirely possible though that they participated in it.

Saw someone recommended that the entire HS volunteer to travel to an Indian reservation for volunteer work for the entirety of spring break. Seems fitting to me.
I don’t doubt that some were there. The high schoolers were bad enough, but having parents there supporting/allowing this behavior... I don’t even have words for.

This whole thing is very weird.

So it’s just getting thru to me there were chaperones and this was a school sanctioned trip? So in addition to my earlier comment about beating the child if he were mine I’d make it a point to follow up face to face with any of the chaperones I might know and explain that is unacceptable behavior to be showing to my child and I’d finish with a drive to the school to talk to the dean with the same message. I wouldn’t care who made what damn statement I’d go on record with my own statement of their actions.

Guessing this school has some deep-seated problems

It’s more of a representation on their school and parents/adult influences than it is on anything else

The response to this is easy:
1) Expel all Covington Catholic HS students who participated in this blatant, intentional show of disrespect.
2) Terminate the employment of any faculty or staff member who participated or knowingly failed to intervene
3) Excommunicate any of the above parties who attempt to defend this blatantly unChristian behavior.

Why am I so heavy-handed in my response? Because history shows us that affluenza will be labelled as the problem, that there was a faculty member or two that were let go as sacrificial lambs to appease the public, and there will be some token awareness / togetherness event coupled with lawyer-scripted half-baked apologies that do precious little to prevent such things in the future.

There's room for grace somewhere, I'm just trying hard to find it.

Or they could discipline them up too expulsion , bring them all back together and invite those same native Americans to come spend the day with them or take that class to spend the day with them and try to take something positive away from the whole thing . Maybe create some lasting friendships that might never have happened if it weren’t for this .

VN Store

Back