Indigenous Marchers, Covington Catholic HS, and Black Israelites preachers = a buffet of media mess

No T-Town is understanding me. It's the Westboro Church group at soilder funerals.

On August 2, 2012, Congress passed a bill that included restrictions on demonstrators at military funerals, which became law four days later when signed by President Obama. The bill says that for 2 hours before until 2 hours after the funeral service demonstrators must stay at least 300 feet (100 m) away from the boundary of the funeral location and away from the residence of grieving family members.

Now, by looking this up there's actually different laws passed in different states that has been passed. 300ft away, 500 ft away. And then this

On March 10, 2006, WBC picketed the funeral of Marine Lance Corporal Matthew A. Snyder in Westminister, Maryland. The picket was held in a location cordoned off by the police, approximately 1,000 feet (300 m) from the Church, for about 30 minutes before the funeral began.

I knew the police was involved that I could remember of holding them back a good distance. The "bikers" mentioned are just there to stand in a line to keep the families from seeing them. Then you have this of when this same family sued the hate group.

In his instructions to the jury, U.S. District Judge Richard D. Bennett stated that the First Amendment protection of free speech has limits, including vulgar, offensive and shocking statements, and that the jury must decide "whether the defendant's actions would be highly offensive to a reasonable person, whether they were extreme and outrageous and whether these actions were so offensive and shocking as to not be entitled to First Amendment protection".

While they did win this lawsuit it went all the way up to the Supreme Court where it got knocked down 8-1. Justice Samuel Alito, the lone dissenter, said Snyder wanted only to "bury his son in peace". Instead, Alito said, the protesters "brutally attacked" Matthew Snyder to attract public attention. "Our profound national commitment to free and open debate is not a license for the vicious verbal assault that occurred in this case," he said.

I guarantee the House and Senate members don't have to hear that junk walking in to the Capitol. Those people aren't allowed near them. I think from 8am to 12pm those areas should be off limits so elementary schools and middle schools can tour them in peace. A middle schooler with internet access probably sounds like a sailor away from his parents this day and time but no elementary student needs to hear anything in any of those videos at their age while just trying to peacfully tour monuments in DC.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: T-TownVol
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What part of the bolded do you not understand

I am still waiting for the quote where I am trying to silence anyone..............does not have to be wherever the hell they want to assemble. Protest permits and restrictions are used all the time. The time and place is often regulated.........

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
I am still waiting for the quote where I am trying to silence anyone..............does not have to be wherever the hell they want to assemble. Protest permits and restrictions are used all the time. The time and place is often regulated.........
Are you saying you want a loose interpretation of the Constitution and advocating for regulations?

Reactions: Smokey123
One of these days these protesting @$$ clowns are gonna get in the face of the wrong person(s) and get owned outright.View attachment 190796

And that's that.
Thats what I'm talking about! The laws, judge or whatever cannot expect a dad to be walking out of a building with his 6 year old susie q hearing that junk and then want to press charges on the Dad for cold cocking the idiot. If I'm on that jury, I'd never find the Dad guilty.

Thats what I'm talking about! The laws, judge or whatever cannot expect a dad to be walking out of a building with his 6 year old susie q hearing that junk and then want to press charges on the Dad for cold cocking the idiot. If I'm on that jury, I'd never find the Dad guilty.
You’ve never taken your child to a sporting event?

That is an entirely different subject.

Truth is you would size the dude up first, but I hear ya.

Like the police protecting the KKK at a rally . They have a right to say any of that stupid Sh!t they want to say.
That's a rally reb. If they are going to march and then talk afterwards so be it. Don't let them stand on our National monuments and do it with families around.

I think it sucks.

Reactions: T-TownVol
That's a rally reb. If they are going to march and then talk afterwards so be it. Don't let them stand on our National monuments and do it with families around.

I think it sucks.

Not just a rally ..peacefully assemble . I don’t agree with the Stupid Sh!t they say , I however agree completely about their right to say it . Same with any other person or group that wants to assemble and speak . Those monuments belong to the American people . IQ scores aren’t a qualifier .

Reactions: Smokey123
A sporting event is the same as the Smithsonian Museum?? National Monument? Lincoln Memorial?

No they're not, you are correct. You buy a ticket to a sporting event so you agree to give up some of your rights when you are there. Outside of a national monument is public domain and you have the right to say dang near anything you want to.

A sporting event is the same as the Smithsonian Museum?? National Monument? Lincoln Memorial?
The difference between saying offensive things there instead of a sporting event is what?

If anything that’s where you SHOULD be protesting. Going to see the monuments and then complaining about people expressing their FirstA right is ridiculous

Reactions: Mick
No they're not, you are correct. You buy a ticket to a sporting event so you agree to give up some of your rights when you are there. Outside of a national monument is public domain and you have the right to say dang near anything you want to.

Careful........sounds like you agree that there is a limit? ;)

VN Store

Back