IOC President Says Transgender Weightlifter Can Compete For Women’s Title, Admits Rules On Trans Athletes May Change

That's such an asinine hypothetical.

The game's different. Wilt would be methodically smoked by the range of today's game.

Wilt could easily average 50 a game. Why? Use your analogy if today’s game. There are literally very few who could guard him.

Wilt could easily average 50 a game. Why? Use your analogy if today’s game. There are literally very few who could guard him.

You don't really have to. He was a 51% free throw shooter with no game beyond the arc.

7 footers aren't a rarity anymore. You have the basketball understanding of a child.

I can’t go lower than 4. To me Jordan, Lebron, Magic, and Kareem are the clear top four. Put them in whatever order you want, but it’s hard to put anyone else in that group. I know some people include Russell because of all the titles that he won or Wilt because of his sheer individual dominance, but I can’t put them in the same class as the top four.

I totally get the arguments for Bill Russell but I personally have Lebron at least at 2

That's such an asinine hypothetical.

The game's different. Wilt would be methodically smoked by the range of today's game.

Wilt could do it physically but it takes a psychopathic mentality to be as big as him and play high octane spread basketball for 35 minutes a night (and there is a good chance his body would break down).

Wilt could do it physically but it takes a psychopathic mentality to be as big as him and play high octane spread basketball for 35 minutes a night (and there is a good chance his body would break down).

Exactly.

On the other hand, could you imagine Jokic in the late 60's/early 70's league?

Exactly.

On the other hand, could you imagine Jokic in the late 60's/early 70's league?

It's actually kinda hard to say because the game wasn't smart enough for him back then. If you put Jokic in a time machine and took him back then, he could teach his teammates how to play, but if he were born in that era, nobody would have let him shoot jump shots and the lack of offensive sophistication would have made it harder to unlock his passing potential. He'd just score 40/night. You'd probably have to put him in the 90's in order to really max out all his tools.

It's actually kinda hard to say because the game wasn't smart enough for him back then. If you put Jokic in a time machine and took him back then, he could teach his teammates how to play, but if he were born in that era, nobody would have let him shoot jump shots and the lack of offensive sophistication would have made it harder to unlock his passing potential. He'd just score 40/night. You'd probably have to put him in the 90's in order to really max out all his tools.

That was my point. The game has changed so much since then.

I agree though. He would have dominated in the 90's.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Giannis doesn’t either.

He is basically a duplicate of Wilt also in body frame and skill set.

Ehh, Wilt was bigger/wider and probably was a better all-around athlete and there are similarities but I would not say "same skill set". Wilt was a good passer and could handle the ball but almost everything he did was in the paint and he was an awful FT shooter. Giannis is average at the FT line and he has a solid mid-range fadeaway, etc. Half of what Giannis does offensively is off the dribble drive. Could Wilt have done some of that? Probably. Would he have a Euro step? Doubtful. He wasn't really known for working hard.

Giannis doesn’t either.

He is basically a duplicate of Wilt also in body frame and skill set.
Wilt was a physical beast naturally. Those guys did not even have gatorade, forget about sleeping in hyperbaric chambers, having personal nutritionists, with supplements. They excelled within the rules and system they were given. no three point shot said every one counted so they'd run the full court, pack the paint, pound on each other and score. He was running the full court to score 100 points (50 times) not 1/4 of the court jacking up 20 3's from the top of the key to score 60. Then Wilt had to run the full court and play defense the same way. There are fantastic athletes playing today, but there were fantastic athletes playing then too.

Do yourself a favor and watch footage of both, then try this statement again.

You are a moron sometimes kid.

I have been watching the NBA before you were even a thought.

The game is not run the same way play wise anymore but his dribbling and handling skills are very compatible.

Don’t get all high and mighty with me.

I was being nice child.

Wilt was a physical beast naturally. Those guys did not even have gatorade, forget about sleeping in hyperbaric chambers, having personal nutritionists, with supplements. They excelled within the rules and system they were given. no three point shot said every one counted so they'd run the full court, pack the paint, pound on each other and score. He was running the full court to score 100 points (50 times) not 1/4 of the court jacking up 20 3's from the top of the key to score 60. Then Wilt had to run the full court and play defense the same way. There are fantastic athletes playing today, but there were fantastic athletes playing then too.

The love to think their special no hand checking allowed players are somehow special.

Half the stars in today’s game wouldn’t succeed if hand checking was still legal.

Reactions: Wireless1
The love to think their special no hand checking allowed players are somehow special.

Half the stars in today’s game wouldn’t succeed if hand checking was still legal.
Or the push up on the elbow while shooting, and don't get me started on giving a player room to come back down, once the ball left the hand the ref turned his back.

Reactions: NEO
Does anyone on here seriously think this Bucks team goes up 3-2 on either the show time lakers, 90s bulls, the Bad Boys, or the Shaq/Kobe Lakers?

All those teams wipe the floor with these guys.

League is soft now.

I agree with your last statement, but running the length of the court 100x2 is just a mile. It wasn't that hard to bang in the paint when you were easily the biggest and most athletic guy. The sport was grueling for the people defending him, not him.

Today, there is less banging in the paint, but the perimeter is murder. Instead of defending about 15' and in, you're defending up to 27'. You gotta read the screens and switches, and make the right rotations, start then stop, over and over, flying all around. Think about all the stress on joints that causes, and the players are heavier today. And if you're guarding a ballhandler, their big man is going to put his body on you 50x via screens.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back