IOC President Says Transgender Weightlifter Can Compete For Women’s Title, Admits Rules On Trans Athletes May Change

Does anyone on here seriously think this Bucks team goes up 3-2 on either the show time lakers, 90s bulls, the Bad Boys, or the Shaq/Kobe Lakers?

All those teams wipe the floor with these guys.

League is soft now.

Bucks aren't the best team. Too many injuries. But if you put them in a time machine and they went and played those teams, they might beat every one of them. It's just a higher level of basketball now. They'd run Shaq off the court. The Bulls have no answers for Giannis but are good enough to beat them. The Bucks' D is amazing and they would eat up the showtime Lakers because the game in the 80's was played in such proximity. They'd be like "this is your offense?!!"

Bucks aren't the best team. Too many injuries. But if you put them in a time machine and they went and played those teams, they'd beat every one of them. It's just a higher level of basketball now. They'd run Shaq off the court. The Bulls have no answers for Giannis. The Bucks' D is amazing and they would eat up the Lakers because the game was played in such proximity.

Omg.

Rodman would shut Giannis down and it’s game over.

Giannis would have also not scored more than 15 on Shaq and Kobe would have gotten 40.

Showtime rips them a new one.

Omg.

Rodman would shut Giannis down and it’s game over.

Giannis would have also not scored more than 15 on Shaq and Kobe would have gotten 40.

Showtime rips them a new one.

If the Lakers were stupid enough to put Shaq on a guy who operates on the perimeter, then he would foul out.

Rodman was a good defender but he never faced anybody like Giannis. He's got him by like 6 inches and he's a ballhandler. Malone had like 4 moves and he played below the rim, and he still did good 1 out of 2 series vs. Rodman. Nobody is shutting down any of these guys at the top (Giannis, MJ, Shaq).

Which Kobe is showing up? The one who scored 15 ppg in a final, or the one who ballhogged and shot 38%, or the one who played pretty well?

I agree with your last statement, but running the length of the court 100x2 is just a mile. It wasn't that hard to bang in the paint when you were easily the biggest and most athletic guy. The sport was grueling for the people defending him, not him.

Today, there is less banging in the paint, but the perimeter is murder. Instead of defending about 15' and in, you're defending up to 27'. You gotta read the screens and switches, and make the right rotations, start then stop, over and over, flying all around. Think about all the stress on joints that causes, and the players are heavier today. And if you're guarding a ballhandler, their big man is going to put his body on you 50x via screens.
I'll give you the perimeter. The ability to take multiple extra steps, and to carry the ball makes that a more difficult task. Jerry and Oscar would have been unstoppable with today's rules

If the Lakers were stupid enough to put Shaq on a guy who operates on the perimeter, then he would foul out.

Rodman was a good defender but he never faced anybody like Giannis. Malone had like 4 moves and he played below the rim, and he still did good 1 out of 2 series vs. Rodman. Nobody is shutting down any of these guys at the top (Giannis, MJ, Shaq).

He starts at the perimeter but finishes in the paint. Dude sucks beyond 5 feet from the basket. His euro step is all he has because the leg is soft.

He would be hip checked in the 80s and 90s and sore by halftime.

He starts at the perimeter but finishes in the paint. Dude sucks beyond 5 feet from the basket. His euro step is all he has because the leg is soft.

He would be hip checked in the 80s and 90s and sore by halftime.

Do you remember illegal defense? Shaq couldn't park it in the paint in his era. He'd have to guard Giannis 20' from the basket or Lopez at the 3p line.

And they'd just run him off the floor. Whoever Shaq is defending is going to run ball screens wearing him out and he either has to show or play drop. Drop probably by necessity so that means Middleton is getting open 3's all day.

Do you remember illegal defense? Shaq couldn't park it in the paint in his era. He'd have to guard Giannis 20' from the basket or Lopez at the 3p line.

And they'd just run him off the floor. Whoever Shaq is defending is going to run ball screens wearing him out and he either has to show or play drop. Drop probably by necessity so that means Middleton is getting open 3's all day.
Shaq would use 4 fouls and you'd be down 4 players.
Who in his right mind would try and set a screen on him? Have you ever seen him in person?

Reactions: NEO

He would simply step out of the 3 second zone and back in. Shaq very rarely left the box when he was playing.

Who in his right mind would try and set a screen on him? Have you ever seen him in person?

I didn't say they'd set a screen on him. I'm saying his man would screen somebody else to put him in a switch. They'd hunt him all night. Dude could barely handle the slow pace of the late 90's.

The problem is they live in an era where Curry is a star because you can’t touch a player at all anymore.

Curry would be a bench player pre 2000. His body couldn’t make it to the all star game.

Reactions: Wireless1
I didn't say they'd set a screen on him. I'm saying his man would screen somebody else to put him in a switch. They'd hunt him all night. Dude could barely handle the slow pace of the late 90's.

It’s been proven that you shut Giannis down the bucks lose.

You shut Shaq down and you still got Kobe.

Kobe would destroy this team in his prime.

The problem is they live in an era where Curry is a star because you can’t touch a player at all anymore.

Curry would be a bench player pre 2000. His body couldn’t make it to the all star game.

He's bigger than a lot of all-stars in the 90's. You realize even without a rule, you can't really hand check because Curry will just goad you into a foul with an up and under. You're risking by just putting a hand out there, forget about putting a hand on him. Nobody in the 90's was defending much at 22', forget about 27'. They'd look at him like he came out of a spaceship.

Nobody on the Lakers is capable of shutting Giannis down. Kobe was pretty far from his prime when he was winning titles with Shaq.

The Lakers also had Phil Jackson has HC. Minor detail you guys are neglecting to mention.

Because the other teams always had a man around the hoop.

All teams have a 3,4 and 5 and and either the 4 or 5 is always near the basket even in a west coast offense.

The triangle is still used a lot but modified now and relies on a down low.

Nobody on the Lakers is capable of shutting Giannis down. Kobe was pretty far from his prime when he was winning titles with Shaq.

You got it reversed. Kobe came into his prime with Shaq when they were winning.

His first finals loss was when he transitioned after losing to MJ.

This is why LA let Shaq go because it became Kobe’s team on the final championship.

You are a moron sometimes kid.

I have been watching the NBA before you were even a thought.

The game is not run the same way play wise anymore but his dribbling and handling skills are very compatible.

Don’t get all high and mighty with me.

I was being nice child.

I think your mind is starting to deteriorate, old man.

Perhaps one of the game's biggest changes since the 70's is ball handling. The fact that you'd even suggest his handles are even remotely compatible with today's pace is nothing short of idiotic. Wilt simply wouldn't translate as he was. Sure, he had incredible raw talent that could be molded to fit today's style, but he wouldn't put up anything close to his statline he had when going up against a bunch of stilted, clumsy paint scorers.

Only thing that would stay the same would be his horrendous FT shooting.

The game's passed you by. Don't think for a second your ancient ass can teach me anything about basketball.

I agree that the bucks with Giannas would be capable of beating Shaq and Kobe's lakers but the bolded comment is silly. Look at Kobe's career stats. He was winning titles in the early 2000s.
Kobe Bryant Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

I trust that arguably the greatest basketball coach in NBA history would adjust.

It's not that the triangle doesn't work, it's just that spread, high PNR-based offense is superior. The Bucks have the personnel to guard the Lakers no matter what the Lakers run. The Lakers did not have the personnel to defend what the Bucks run, and adjustments are not going to change that.

And triangle works so well against modern defenses.

Modern defenses are built around the rules system now.

The guys from pre 2000 would think this was a joke and it would be heaven to them.

As wireless said though, first time Bowen posted up a player and they came down on his feet back when that was league they wouldn’t score another point.

Players now are pu$&@ies.

It's like you're just spouting off a script from a fictional play entitled "Boomers talking basketball."

VN Store

Back