Is Finebaum a UT fan, a UT hater or something else?

I'm not really fond of him, but it more so has to do with how odd he comes across. Not sure why he has as much success as he does. To me, he doesn't seem really talented at what he does. He actually seems kind of akward and states the obvious alot. Is it becuase he has been doing what he has the longest and caters to the biggest programs?

I find it really odd how he rode Tennessee's last year when we were successful. He told everyone he was an alumnus and spoke glowingly about the program. But one reloading year, and he has dropped us from relevancy really quickly.

Reactions: Voltopia
I'm not really fond of him, but it more so has to do with how odd he comes across. Not sure why he has as much success as he does. To me, he doesn't seem really talented at what he does. He actually seems kind of akward and states the obvious alot. Is it becuase he has been doing what he has the longest and caters to the biggest programs?

I find it really odd how he rode Tennessee's last year when we were successful. He told everyone he was an alumnus and spoke glowingly about the program. But one reloading year, and he has dropped us from relevancy really quickly.
I'm not confident he dropped UTK.

He just caters to the front-runners more so.

Pawl rolls with UTK when they're hot and slows that roll when they're not.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
He's something else alright....
The face of the SEC is a pencil neck.. smh

why do you say that?
I don't expect any media member to be a homer. And I know he spent decades covering Alabama and Auburn. But it feels like he revels in Vol misery when things aren't going well. Again, there's no need for a homer, but don't kick your alma mater when they're down. And being as absolute kiss up to Saban and Bama is a form of kicking UT in the teeth.

Reactions: volfeeva
Paul makes a living poking the lower and mid-tier fanbases, and kissing the top tier, where the viewers are.
Paul plays the television game very well. He plays the show like a wrestling gimmick. You sell the babyface champion to the yokels who love the show, and then creates a ton of heat with all the consolation prize fanbases.

He's something else alright....
The face of the SEC is a pencil neck.. smh

Oddly enough, I saw an interview with one of the ACC ADs or Presidents a day or two ago.

He made the point that one of the reasons for the ACC getting shut out of the playoffs was the lack of a Finebaum for the conference. Basically someone who is the mouthpiece of the conference.

Face it, SEC offices can whisper something in Pawls ear and that's all he is going to talk about for 3 hours that day.

I find it stunning that so many actually watch or listen to him and put any weight into anything he says. He seems like the sports version of a "shock jock", saying whatever will draw ratings and get him headlines in places like Saturday Down South, where they hang on his every word.

I’m not sure. Most likely something else. Hes a talking head so he makes his money off of attention getting. Some of the dumb stuff that he says is just to piss certain fanbases off (mostly us).

VN Store

Back