Is Finebaum a UT fan, a UT hater or something else?

He's a pompous, pontificating blowhard who is too in love with his own voice. He is the white Stephen A. Smith.

I wouldn't put that comparison off on anyone, not that screaming Idiot. Man a lot of haters in here.. What FB does isn't easy, He just makes it look easy.

Yeah well, Finebaum has parlayed his smooth voice into a multi million dollar career; with fans from all over the Country. Pretty he ain't, but Smart & Rich he is. There is a place for everyone, Finebaum proves that. (Oh and He doesn't need a football neck to do his job)
He has a face made for radio.
He's a mouthpiece for bama as well, I'm not a fan and do not care how much money he's amassed.

Reactions: Alto1
I know he's an alumnus, but it doesn't feel like he loves his alma mater.
Finebaum is a fan of making a lot of money and doing/saying whatever he needs to do/say to keep that cash flowing. He’s merely a talking head.

Letting that old coot live in your head , rent free, for more than 5 minutes is 4 minutes and 59 seconds too long.

He's a carnival barker and a fan of himself. He'll never kick you when you're up. He was hard on the gumps when they were down back during his Birmingham radio days. He has his finger to the wind and will say whatever will draw an audience. I wouldn't waste time loving or hating him. He's not worth it.

Nick Saban nut hugger among other things is what PF is……

He’s a business man. He caters to the front runners of the conference. Makes money off the most ignorant of the fans in this conference. Like him or hate him, he’s made a lot of money
Nailed it! Finebaum allows his callers to vent & make fools of themselves, even when they try to insult him. Paul just rakes in the dinero.

Attachments

• Follow the Money .jpg
    Follow the Money .jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 0
He said the other day on air his wife is a huge Alabama fan.

He is a fan of whoever is doing well and he can get the most attention and make the most money from.

He’s a business man. He caters to the front runners of the conference. Makes money off the most ignorant of the fans in this conference. Like him or hate him, he’s made a lot of money
He has FOR YEARS played the Bama fans to the max. He was hard to avoid those 30 years I was centered in the Huntsville radio and TV markets, but I pulled it off. Basilio has tried for years to emulate his methods and success, but so far not so much. I have for years called for UT to go back and examine his classes to see if PF really passed his journalism ethics courses.

Oddly enough, I saw an interview with one of the ACC ADs or Presidents a day or two ago.

He made the point that one of the reasons for the ACC getting shut out of the playoffs was the lack of a Finebaum for the conference. Basically someone who is the mouthpiece of the conference.

Face it, SEC offices can whisper something in Pawls ear and that's all he is going to talk about for 3 hours that day.
The conference made Finebaum; Finebaum didn’t make the conference. Wouldn’t matter if the ACC had a mouthpiece they don’t have money or power in comparison to the SEC.

Reactions: VAVol85
F bomb has capitalized off Bama’s run. His radio show was nothing more than a way for average fans with below average intelligence to gloat. Any time Bama lost or more importantly Auburn won, he pitted his callers against each other for the sake of gaining listeners with circus style calls. It’s so simple, yet he parlayed that into a multi million dollar gig.

I will say that in 2022, he was on the Vols bandwagon hard. If the Vols had kept winning, he might’ve shown more loyalty to his alma mater, but that’s not the format of his show.

In that case, what would you call him?
All the above

Nothing wrong with alum being honest. He’s been positive, he’s been negative and he’s been honest. Can’t really spin the fall from 2001 to last years season/ Orange Bowl.

I met him my freshman year ( Fall 78) when he was the sports editor for the Daily Beacon, that was John Majors’ second season - and he loved to write articles blasting JM And the AD in general. Those two did not care for each other one bit.

Yep, uses the same formula that Cowherd uses, divide & cater to your base which is low IQ. So you can change your stance or talking points over a matter of time and the listeners are mostly drive byes looking for a nice word about their team. Cowherd changed his take on Michael Vick 3 times over 2 years, from he's the worst, to wow how did so many ppl not believe in this QB, to guys I told you he just don't have what it takes. Finebaum does this all the time and everyone's world is so busy no one takes time to vet him. He caters to his base Auburn & Alabama and whoever is winning, UGA lately, then he brought in the LSU coach every week for a interview until they lost 3 games, the same coach that he call miserable trash when he was at Notre Dame. He caught the wave of a million TV stations, if was back in the day when there were only 3 ABC, CBS & NBC. He would still be on radio, of course they always said he has the face custom made for radio.

Reactions: SpookyAction

VN Store

Back