Is it just me or is Squirrel struggling?

JohnnyD123

Should we begin to phase out Squirrel. He cannot catch a pass without falling to the ground, and that punt return Saturday, where he was running 15 yards behind him to diving catch that punt, gave me heartburn I still can’t get rid of. I really like Squirrel, but if he fumbled that ball there and they scored, the game may have played out different. I just think he’s a liability at this point. Everyone flame away, it’s just how I see it right now.

Should we begin to phase out Squirrel. He cannot catch a pass without falling to the ground, and that punt return Saturday, where he was running 15 yards behind him to diving catch that punt, gave me heartburn I still can’t get rid of. I really like Squirrel, but if he fumbled that ball there and they scored, the game may have played out different. I just think he’s a liability at this point. Everyone flame away, it’s just how I see it right now.
Should Heupel consult with you?

You should have stopped at one drink

eArVIVt.gif

Phase out Squirrel? That's just nuts!

ARE YOU SERIOUS

The return problem was the horrible turf, not Squirrel.

Op, I’ve noticed this as well. In a tight/close game with needing a yard stick on the line, he probably won’t get the call.

I’ve been disappointed with him, but it has little to do with the last game on that turf.

I’ve stated before that he’s maybe the 5th most dangerous WR on the team. He’s got this super speed, but we rarely see him beat anyone. It probably doesn’t help that he followed Hyatt at the slot and had a breakout game in his first start against Clemson.

One problem is that we don’t have anyone behind him. Depth chart lists Nimrod as #2 and Staley (who has been incognito) behind him. Nimrod has always seemed more of an outside guy. Moving Thornton inside failed miserably last year as he’s MUCH better playing outside. We could probably try it with Matthews.

Anyone seen Kaleb Webb the last few weeks?

The return problem was the horrible turf, not Squirrel.
No, he misjudged it and let the ball sail past him. By the time he realized it, all he could do was extend his body out to catch it, which of course meant he was down on the spot. He shouldve let the ball go and let it roll into the endzone. The turf had nothing to do with that play.

I thought we would see more from Squirrel as PR this year too and he made some bad decisions this game. But its hard to follow someone like Dee Williams who was the best PR in the country the last two years. He still seems like the smartest option right now. He has solid hands, great speed, and we cant risk the two other options getting hurt (McCoy and Boo) since we have more depth at WR than we do DB.

Yes, he has struggled all year. Maybe feeling the pressure of the competition in the WR room.

I’ve been disappointed with him, but it has little to do with the last game on that turf.

I’ve stated before that he’s maybe the 5th most dangerous WR on the team. He’s got this super speed, but we rarely see him beat anyone. It probably doesn’t help that he followed Hyatt at the slot and had a breakout game in his first start against Clemson.

One problem is that we don’t have anyone behind him. Depth chart lists Nimrod as #2 and Staley (who has been incognito) behind him. Nimrod has always seemed more of an outside guy. Moving Thornton inside failed miserably last year as he’s MUCH better playing outside. We could probably try it with Matthews.

Anyone seen Kaleb Webb the last few weeks?
Kaleb who? You mean that guy heading for the portal with Leacock?

Last edited:

Say a 58-yard punt got over White's head, say it ain't so.

In 4 game 11 TGT 8 REC 121 YDS AVG 15.13 45 LG YAC 47 YDS. Different role for him this year than last year when Bru and Dont'e went down but he's handled it well. Most of us knew that when Bru and Dont'e returned they would be the playmakers. If you haven't noticed we're running the ball more. Nico is averaging 22 attempts per game, Joe averaged 29.5. Less targets for everyone.

Do you want to add Brazzell to you phase out list?

1727180717493.png

Last edited:
Horrible troll job. So weak. 🙄

You're not off with your assessment. I haven't thought about phasing him out but maybe instead reducing his role a bit. He struggles when it comes to strength and can't stay on his feet. As small as he is it's disappointing that he struggles to make guys miss. I love White don't get me wrong but I sure wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Mathews get some more snaps in the rotation.

Oh and if we had lost this game people would definitely be feeling different about this subject.

Reactions: iVolSoHard

VN Store

Back