Is it just me or is Squirrel struggling?

The ill-advised punt catch was a bad decision. The only thing that could have really hurt us in that situation was a turnover.

He's good back there but seemed to misjudge a couple of kicks. Need to clean that up

Squirrel made a couple bad decisions on the punt return catches

Should've let a couple go, he was playing with fire. He has been a disappointment thus far.

I don't know the answer, we have a lot of options that I hope coach considers - plenty of depth at wr

No, he misjudged it and let the ball sail past him. By the time he realized it, all he could do was extend his body out to catch it, which of course meant he was down on the spot. He shouldve let the ball go and let it roll into the endzone. The turf had nothing to do with that play.
He downs a 58 yard punt at the 11 but you're say he should've let it hit and roll, really? Here's an IF for you, IF he does let it go and IF doesn't roll into the EZ how many are questioning that decision? Rhetorical question, doesn't need answering.

Broadening this thread…

Chas Nimrod was my favorite receiver last year after Bru went down. He was money on the crossing pattern with great hands.

I was hoping to see more of Chas this year. He’s got some quality catches and I’m still looking for all receiver numbers to go up as the season progresses.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Broadening this thread…

Chas Nimrod was my favorite receiver last year after Bru went down. He was money on the crossing pattern with great hands.

I was hoping to see more of Chas this year. He’s got some quality catches and I’m still looking for all receiver numbers to go up as the season progresses.
we've been run heavy so far, averaging 12 more rushing APG than last year while the passing APG for Nico is 7 less than was for Joe. I think we get more balanced in the next two games but if the running game is working then stay with it.

Reactions: AdoptedVOL
Should we begin to phase out Squirrel. He cannot catch a pass without falling to the ground, and that punt return Saturday, where he was running 15 yards behind him to diving catch that punt, gave me heartburn I still can’t get rid of. I really like Squirrel, but if he fumbled that ball there and they scored, the game may have played out different. I just think he’s a liability at this point. Everyone flame away, it’s just how I see it right now.
Good lord…

Reactions: knoxvol52
Squirrel's biggest problem is that he was Jalin Hyatt's replacement and our fans touted him as a burner who could be the same kind of deep threat that Hyatt was.

He's not that, but he is a good player. There are some weaknesses in his game like there is in everyone else's. I'd say he struggles to get separation and struggles to keep his feet while making a catch. But he's extremely shifty and he's got great hands and that's a useful package of skills. There are several NFL teams who would be happy to pick him up in the draft.

It's just hard to see a player like Mike Matthews on the bench. I think we have to find a way to get Mike on the field.

He downs a 58 yard punt at the 11 but you're say he should've let it hit and roll, really? Here's an IF for you, IF he does let it go and IF doesn't roll into the EZ how many are questioning that decision? Rhetorical question, doesn't need answering.
And if he muffed it we were in some trouble. I think the coaches will agree he should just let that one go and take our chances

Phase out Squirrel? Makes it sound like euthanasia or something. Take a look at his highlight reel. He’s made a few mistakes as everyone does. I don’t disagree it would be nice to see some of our bigger receivers that can stretch the field a little better get more snaps, but Squirrel is a known quantity and knows his offense.

LOL, he has 120 yards and he's averaging 15 yards per reception and we've barely thrown the ball thus far this season.

We ran 52 times against Oklahoma and only passed 21. And we've had backup WRs in the other 3 games since they were all blowouts.

I do agree with some others, though, that he's made a few bad decisions on special teams, including the weird punt catch that he should've just let go. Got lucky on that one.

Last edited:
They finding it hard to attack the team so they’re resorting to individual players now They running out of options so their studying their manuals in the section “grasping for straws”hoping to come up with a plan.
We’re getting hard to troll and they worried!

VN Store

Back