Is Pollack serious??

So, wait...

Dooley not having anyone of substance committed in July is exactly the same as CBJ having the #1 class in July? Last year's July was the same as CBJ's July?

I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

:)

Inigo? Inigo Montoya? Is that you?

Reactions: 1 person
I also remember Cowherd saying the same thing about bama in the mid 2000's because they were in so much trouble. Years of coaching changes, bad recruiting, NCAA troubles, and falling to 3 and 4 wins a year. The elite schools, those with big money, tradition, huge fan base, and facilities, only need one thing. The right man in charge!

Isn't it wonderful? We can be ludicrously wrong and still be an expert. I think I'm overqualified.

After being in the business and now observing these color analyst there's one simple fact....some really know their stuff and do a lot of homework- others like David just don't do a very good job....whether its laziness or inability to translate audibly what they're thinking they just don't have "it"....now his comment about Vols recruiting may have a ring of truth but "over the top" statements like that tend to be made by those such as Pollack....HE'S SIMPLY NOT THAT GOOD!!!

True. But moving Couch and McCullers inside and giving them edge rushers is huge. I expect Maggitt and AJ to step up. And like I said McNeil got a lot of playing time last year, and I expect him to be an impact player this year.

We need improvement by our edge rushers and CB play. To me those positions are the difference in having a good defense and a great defense. I will be interested in seeing Corey Vereen after what I have seen and heard about how fast he is coming along.

I agree, like others have said it will be nice to see them just react instead of think. Its going to be fun to watch them get better each week.

ALLEN-UGA-CELEBRATION.jpg

Pollack's Senior Year!

Reactions: 7 people
After being in the business and now observing these color analyst there's one simple fact....some really know their stuff and do a lot of homework- others like David just don't do a very good job....whether its laziness or inability to translate audibly what they're thinking they just don't have "it"....now his comment about Vols recruiting may have a ring of truth but "over the top" statements like that tend to be made by those such as Pollack....HE'S SIMPLY NOT THAT GOOD!!!

While I don't think he is that good he does a damn good job at pushing peoples buttons and getting his name out there.

True. Recruiting rankings in July are many times nothing more than fool's gold. Hopefully the class can stay together once the losing starts during the season, but for people to just count what Jones has done so far this year as if he's actually got those guys on campus would be shortsighted IMO. The first week of February is a LONG way off right now.

U r making way to much sense for volnation..... butch is king on this site......lol

Butch is selling the recruits this year on how they will be the class that turns UT around, that will help a lot as the season goes on. He has let them know that this year may be rough, but they can be the ones that change every thing.

If Butch proves he can coach and improvement is shown throughout the year, we will have no problems. He would have to tank big time to see a real effect on recruiting.[/QUOTE

Also playing time he stated today he will be playing a lot of freshman in the second rotation n that helps

Funny, I must have heard a completely different discussion. I heard him making very positive comments about CBJ and his expectations for him at UT. He didn't think the results would be there this year and I think most of us agree. He did say that he thinks CBJ is the right guy if we will just be patient.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Funny, I must have heard a completely different discussion. I heard him making very positive comments about CBJ and his expectations for him at UT. He didn't think the results would be there this year and I think most of us agree. He did say that he thinks CBJ is the right guy if we will just be patient.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You must have came in late. When asked if Ut could get back to competing for BCS games, he said we couldn't recruit to that level.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought it was funny he made the comment that we are going to have to stop losing by large margins to USC, UGA, and UF. Did he watch the UGA game last year? Exactly what does he consider a large margin? We were with the dawgs right up to the end and could have gone either way even with Fooley as our coach. I think we take at least one from USC, UF, UGA with CBJ at the helm. And the future is only getting brighter with recruiting. Tennessee is a sleeping giant and Pollack can feel it

No I know exactly what I said, and the fact that it's only July is exactly the same. Just like there was time for Dooley to steal quality recruits from other schools to improve his class last year, there is that same time this year for other schools to steal our quality guys. There's a lot of time for stuff to happen between now and signing day.

I think if we had signed every 5* available, you'd still find something to complain about.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought it was funny he made the comment that we are going to have to stop losing by large margins to USC, UGA, and UF. Did he watch the UGA game last year? Exactly what does he consider a large margin? We were with the dawgs right up to the end and could have gone either way even with Fooley as our coach. I think we take at least one from USC, UF, UGA with CBJ at the helm. And the future is only getting brighter with recruiting. Tennessee is a sleeping giant and Pollack can feel it

:eek:lol: at your name.

VN Store

Back