Is Tennessee a "sleeping giant?"

The game is won and lost at the LOS. Our lines on both sides of the ball should be in the top 3-4 in the SEC. This will mask the fact our RBs, WRs, and QBs on offense and DBs on defense are not in the top 3-4 of the SEC. Therefore, THIS is our year to return to prominence! ~8 wins this year with a couple of upsets included, but I also think we get a loss that leaves us scratching our heads......

A winning season and attitude will continue the momentum in recruiting and help us for years to come. Although we could even take a step back the following season as we will lose the line experience. If our program was on a trend line, I think it would start a gradual upward trend with a possible hiccup next season.

The answer is yes. With our history of winning and producing NFL talent for decades anyone who thinks we aren't is just looking for an argument. I've had Bama fans tell me we're nothing but a sleeping giant right now. We just have way too much history and resources to not wake up. We have the resources to be a Top 10 program annually.

You live in Hendersonville?

Should move down to East Nashville. I dont have bammers telling me anything.

Must have started in 05 or 08. Every other year we won 8, 9 or 10 or more games under Fulmer.

I would say it started on Dec. 8, 2001. UT had a couple of decent seasons after that, but nothing too spectacular.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, I believe we have been a "sleeping giant" ever since the last two Fulmer years. Just need the right coach, who I believe we have in Jones. In case you haven't heard, Butch gets it!

Exactly how many spectacular seasons has Tennessee had, ever?

Since 2001 what has UT really accomplished? You can focus on the word spectacular and dance around the issue all you want but it doesn't change the fact that UT hasn't done squat in over a decade.

But to answer your question I would say '85, '89, '90, '91, '93, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99 would qualify. Yes, those teams had some losses, but there wasn't 1 game where they were seriously outmatched.

Since 2001 what has UT really accomplished? You can focus on the word spectacular and dance around the issue all you want but it doesn't change the fact that UT hasn't done squat in over a decade.

But to answer your question I would say '85, '89, '90, '91, '93, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99 would qualify. Yes, those teams had some losses, but there wasn't 1 game where they were seriously outmatched.

nebraska and florida would disagree, but ya i would say that's about right

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back