Is Tennessee a "sleeping giant?"

That was the first time I had ever seen Tennessee literally get physically dominated up and down the field. It was at times painful to watch because no matter how you try to spin it, that was nothing more than a good old fashioned country ass whoopin'!

There was a Penn State Fiesta Bowl game around '93 or so that was that moment for me. I thought we were as good as anybody going into that one, too.

If we have finally found a good coach, its just a matter of time absolutely. Will it take a while? Yeah. But damn will it be satisfying to watch us climb the latter rather than fall from it as we have done recently.

I believe that CBJ will bring UT back to winning a lot. If we didn't play 3-4 top 10 teams a year we could move fast up the charts. Right now the future is bright, because we've been so low, but reality is that at best it will take 3 years to get enough talent and players with our "newest" system experience to have a good chance of winning the SEC.

getting a mindset of a Vol fan I think Butch Jones will have some surprises this year and go to a bowl game. I think 2014 will be exciting for us to get back into the orange flow and 2015 we will shine from the hills of "Rocky Top"! GBO

I believe that CBJ will bring UT back to winning a lot. If we didn't play 3-4 top 10 teams a year we could move fast up the charts. Right now the future is bright, because we've been so low, but reality is that at best it will take 3 years to get enough talent and players with our "newest" system experience to have a good chance of winning the SEC.

Were good enough to win the Big 10/12/ACC (yeah I know OKSU, OHSU, Clemson are very good) but bad enough to finish as low as 5th in the SEC East. That's our predicament.

Were gonna surprise some teams.

I think we get someone this year we aren't supposed to, especially if we don't have any bad losses early. Butch will get it done. It may take a yr or 2 but we will be back...and as cycles go, the meanies in the SEC now should start on their down cycle about the time we get up!

There was a Penn State Fiesta Bowl game around '93 or so that was that moment for me. I thought we were as good as anybody going into that one, too.

I remember that game very well! I remember even the announcers were talking before the game about how they thought Penn State couldn't match our speed and athleticism. If I remember right, we started out strong but somewhere along the way Penn State turned the moment in their favor and we just never could get over the hump.

I think we're slowly waking from a self induced coma and we won't have our eyes fully open until 2015.

I think to many people are looking at last year and thinking this team has no chance of winning some of these big games! I say they need to ask why we have so many players being considered for awards at pretty much every position. The best offensive line in the nation which will help Worley grow into his role. This team is deep & talented at nearly every position with 3, 4 & 5* talent that just needed some good coaches who can get them to play to their potential! Well we have the coaching now so it's time to show everyone else UT is back and CBJ is the new king on the HILL! JMO

:eek:k:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person
Well...It feels great for us fans to know that we can really improve this season.SO,imagine just how pumped our players are. Heck,theyre being coached by the new staff...we are just catching the vibes outside.Make no mistake...those kids wont be denied many wins this season. They wont have any tail-tucking and confusion due to coaching.we are on our way now,yall.lets enjoy every second

Usually teams with a new head coach show the most improvement in year two.I think coach Jones will have us rolling in his second year.:dance2:

The extent to which UT starts plucking stud recruits from the state of Georgia will go a long way in determining how much longer the giant remains asleep.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, we have all the resources needed to be a top 10 program year in and year out. Just need the right coach.

Resources yes...but a deep and talented roster... NO! We'll get there, but we're at least one more season away. There's still a lot to be excited about though!!! Go Vols!

Our QBs and WR will look much better after practicing during Summer. There will be less route running mistakes and the they will get timing more sync'd up.

I totally agree. The spring game looked rough at times. I know several weren't playing or even enrolled, but the receiver/quarterback play left alot to be desired. I'm looking for huge gains over the summer compared to what I saw there.

The extent to which UT starts plucking stud recruits from the state of Georgia will go a long way in determining how much longer the giant remains asleep.

Pretty much. When UT has recruited GA well it has been successful.

Somebody mentioned 2015. Sounds about right.

Originally Posted by OrangeWayOfLife View Post
I believe we turn some heads and have a few upsets this year. People are putting too much stock in believing whorely isn't serviceable. I say we take big strides in year one.

I don't remember this being revealed in Worley's You Tube videos!

I think we upset either South Carolina, Georgia, or Florida. Any of these would give us momentum and I believe we can be relevant again in year 2.

I think so too. One of those games is a win and a message that UTs on the rise. I'm leaning towards the SCAR or UGA home game.

VN Store

Back