Is Tennessee a "sleeping giant?"

I'm not trying to rehatch the whole Fulmer debate but I almost cried when he got fired. He was UT football to me.

TennMan, I had the opportunity to tell Coach almost those very words.. He was UT to us too!

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE.. :rock:

I believe if Worley (aka whorely) was an incoming freshman this year with all of his accolades and high school stats people on here would be more optimistic about next year than they are now. But now that the new has wore off of him everybody is pessimistic. He has had three years to grow and develop. I believe he will quiet his critics this year

Reactions: 2 people
I remember that game very well! I remember even the announcers were talking before the game about how they thought Penn State couldn't match our speed and athleticism. If I remember right, we started out strong but somewhere along the way Penn State turned the moment in their favor and we just never could get over the hump.

it was when Foster fumbled the ball,after having a really good game running the ball and Fulmer wouldn't give him the ball anymore,I thought they would have won,if foster had still been a running the ball

it was when Foster fumbled the ball,after having a really good game running the ball and Fulmer wouldn't give him the ball anymore,I thought they would have won,if foster had still been a running the ball

Different bowl game. We were talking about the 92 Fiesta Bowl where UT got ROLLED by Penn State 42-17. UT jumped out to a 10-0 lead then Penn State proceeded to smack us in the mouth, over and over for the next 3 quarters!

The enthusiasm and confidence CJB and staff have and continue to instill both in the players and recruits shouldn't be taken too lightly or for granted. Add luck into the mix and good things (on the field and off) are/will inevitably happen. Kool Aid, anyone? jk :p

Reactions: 1 person
Different bowl game. We were talking about the 92 Fiesta Bowl where UT got ROLLED by Penn State 42-17. UT jumped out to a 10-0 lead then Penn State proceeded to smack us in the mouth, over and over for the next 3 quarters!

I remember I was playing in a band at the time and we had played a New Years gig and I was still up from the night before and still drinking. That game was responsible for one of the worst hangovers I ever had:p

Reactions: 2 people
Foster fumbling...imagine that

It wasn't like he fumbled all the time but his were always disasters.. UCLA 2008 in the Rose Bowl, 2007 Outback Bowl v. Penn State - returned for TD, 2005? USC game fumbled at the goal line - scored winning TD except left the ball at the 1. Those plays were game changers.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the year for several players to make their bones, so to speak, for the team. We have players who can do that and, while beginning to shine, carry younger guys and show them the way.
I have high hopes and believe at this time that a good showing is very possible.
How many wins? 7 for this year.

The only thing here giant thats sleeping is my wife.

Last edited:

I was at that game. i went to the concession stand and we were ahead 10-0. When I got back to my seat we were losing and lost big time. My wife said i could never go get a coke/dog ever again at a game!

Remember this one well unfortunately. I think we had 400+ yds on the first half but only 10 pts. I remember thinking that wasn't good. And then the turnovers happened followed by the rout.

GiantBk-of-Giants_CCVR.jpg

Remember this one well unfortunately. I think we had 400+ yds on the first half but only 10 pts. I remember thinking that wasn't good. And then the turnovers happened followed by the rout.

Didn't Pickens catch a long bomb down the sideline for a TD and that was the last we scored?

VN Store

Back