Is Trumpism Dead?

Tell me again about the Republicans' plans to help with "kitchen table issues."
Best I recall, they didn't even have a platform for the 2020 election, because Trump was the platform.
Best I can tell, their policy revolves around scaring white folk out of their mind about the "woke left."

Tell me again about plans either party has to help with "kitchen table issues"?

Tell me again about plans either party has to help with "kitchen table issues"?
Did I claim that the Democrats had solid plans, or was I commenting on someone's mis-guided post on how the Republicans are here to help with "kitchen table issues?"

Did I claim that the Democrats had solid plans, or was I commenting on someone's mis-guided post on how the Republicans are here to help with "kitchen table issues?"

You post implied that their opposition does.

Really? Geez, folks, I can give you a laundry list of kitchen table issues that R's are responding to and D's are not.

One party has a domestic energy positive platform in contrast to one party concerned with fascistically & artificially strangling that supply via corporatist ESG and shell-game licensing affecting everything every consumer purchases. One party eschews science and responsible society and would vax, mask mandate, and lockdown indefinitely despite the inefficacy - and outright damage to physical, mental and economic health - to Americans, broad spectrum. One party's agenda is producing a generation of 'trans' kids that would otherwise healthfully grow out of childhood insecurities, insisting even toddlers - babies in the womb, even - can determine their REAL gender and we should spay and neuter them at earliest possible opportunity.

The same party proposes everything from math, objective logic, and the constitution are forms of white supremacy and the 'system' must be torn out by the roots to rid us of 'whiteness'. That said a summer of violence and dramatic increases in violent crime didn't and isn't happening, but to protect minorities we should defund the very police those minorities overwhelmingly say they need more of. One party's president repeatedly attacks and attempts to delegitimize SCOTUS, won't enforce federal laws prohibiting their intimidation even while seeking to pack the court politically. And education...oh, education which is the very foundation they've been able to build this monstrous bureaucracy upon, so brazen now they literally transition your child in a scholastic double-life environment and hide it from you. Their 'village' owns your children.

They both suck on government spending which is their only convergent point.

Holy hell, I could go on but there's a clear, brazen distinction on kitchen table issues. What should spook the hell out of conservative, libertarian, and indie alike is that with this level of leftist dysfunction, they weren't dealt a resounding loss even with candidate like Oz, Walker, etc. Their ideology survived the midterms. That voting foundation didn't occur because of or during Trump.

It might be that constitutional Americans are simply outnumbered after 2-3 generations of leftist education, and the next election cycle away from checkmate of the republic.

Last edited:
The policy platform they pushed was still very much alive in 2015 when Trump came along. He parroted their talking points for years prior. Old school Republicans might have killed the Tea Party caucus, but their ideas certainly did not go anywhere. And still haven't.

You're entirely correct on this; anyone paying attention to the Tea Party movement and Trump's rise noted the convergence and a number of 2015/2016 articles did. The Tea Party basis and Trump's 'America First' differ only minutely, inconsequentially.

If wouldn't have mattered if Winsome Sears had been the messenger; it's the message, not the guy or gal. When I see comments regarding the lockstep of elected Repubs with Trump, it's like entering an alternate universe in which everyone forgot the bitter opposition to Trump by McConnell, Romneys, Bush, McCain, etc. - the same cadre who opposed Reagan. Trump was well into his second year before L. Graham came around. It's as though a broad memory swipe occurred, erasing the fact that the R electorate forced them to assimilate with the America First agenda. Associating 'MAGA' - America First - with Trump is smart politically; delegitimize the entire movement with the smear of Trump. It's just not factually honest, and both Dems and wingtip Repubs are both happy to do so.

Who cares if he “stands up to Trump”? I don’t care if he never mentions him by name and ignores him completely. I’m intrigued by DeSantis because of the possibility of having an adult in the room for the first time in a long time. I swore I would never vote for another Republican after W, but if RD runs on the issues and treats Trump like an exhausting child and just ignores him, I may vote for him.
If you are a Republican, ignoring Trump is the same thing as standing up to him. Like you, I will be taking a hard look at DeSantis.

Tell me again about the Republicans' plans to help with "kitchen table issues."
Best I recall, they didn't even have a platform for the 2020 election, because Trump was the platform.
Best I can tell, their policy revolves around scaring white folk out of their mind about the "woke left."

Nah - even for all his issues, Trump knew to focus on economy, keeping gas prices low (drill baby drill and keep the Saudis in a tight space), fight the whole lawless defund the police idiocy, dampen the wave upon expensive wave of illegals surging across our borders, keeping out of senseless foreign wars. Its amazing that the "adult" Biden was supposed to make us respected internationally again, hahahahahahahaha - Meanwhile, Trump somehow accomplished the Abraham Accords - frankly astonishing. Now we are becoming China's beech.

So while Trump was in office, he actually tried to pay off to the constituents that brought him to the dance. Moreover, he is a nationalist not a globalist so he made deals that benefitted the USA over other countries, unlike the elite call for.

The problem is, now that he is out, Trump's agenda mostly revolves around just getting back in.

Reactions: NCFisher
Systemic voting issues, what voting issues other than the fact that demographics are completely against the Republican Party? 20 years from now the Republicans will have either adapted to the policies of a substantial segment of a minority group or they will be a permanent minority party.

BTW, I've been getting a kick out of all of the commentators talking about how the Republicans did so much better with hispanics in South Florida. Those are not hispanics, they are Cubans and the people of South and Central America do not consider the Cubans to be of the same heritage and the Cubans agree.

Don't even ask about the Argentinians, who consider themselves to be the Europeans of South American (all those Nazis that escaped to there).

About that:
"To put it briefly, the phrase ‘Hispanic’ concentrates on the dominant language of that person’s heritage, whereas the term ‘Latino’ concentrates more on the region that person was born in.

...Cubans could be categorized as both Hispanic and Latino because Cuba is a country in Latin America and speaks Spanish.

Many Cubans, however, view themselves as more Caribbean than Latin American, since their country is an island in the Caribbean.

Because of this, many Cubans identify as Hispanic rather than Latino.

Overall, though, people of Cuban ancestry can be referred to by either term.
Cubans could be categorized as both Hispanic and Latino because Cuba is a country in Latin America and speaks Spanish."
Are Cubans Hispanic Or Latino? - Havana Guide

He is not directly engaging him. He is handling the child just right. He is still doing exactly what he wants to do while trump is hurling insults. DeSantis is not taking the bait. That is how you beat trump.

And I am not a DeSantis fan, but would certainly vote for him over Trump or Biden.

Yes; a left of center media and political contingent (including wingtipped Repubs who were forced to Trump by their electorate) are trying to bait a fight between them. Trump is eating the cheese.

Misleading numbers at this time. Desantis does not have to do anything for months in regards running. He can take a step back do his duties to Florida and see if Trump can get out of his own way.
Did you watch the 2016 GOP primary? If it's a multi-candidate field, and Trump has 35%+ support, he's going to win.

It was a feeble attempt to be fair, but it is one of the most common things associated with Trump.

lol - worthy, though.

Even funnier; I can't recall another president even speaking about it as a plank issue, or more attempting to do anything to rectify it. Trump's - and now Biden's term - highlighted how unaccountable and dangerous our bureaucracy actually is. That intel, DOJ/FBI, and House committees could emerge unscathed from the attempts to unseat him, show us it's beyond a president to do so; Congress will have to and the odds are dismal.

Okay...now I'm not laughing.

Reactions: McDad
Did you watch the 2016 GOP primary? If it's a multi-candidate field, and Trump has 35%+ support, he's going to win.

Times have changed in regards to 2016 and 2022 in regards to Trump. I'm not saying he does not have a solid base, I'm just saying at this time a good portion of the country is not familiar with Desantis the Presidential candidate. Trump has Presidential equity but he also has more against him as President that can used on a greater scale unlike the Trump the businessman of 2016.

About that:
"To put it briefly, the phrase ‘Hispanic’ concentrates on the dominant language of that person’s heritage, whereas the term ‘Latino’ concentrates more on the region that person was born in.

...Cubans could be categorized as both Hispanic and Latino because Cuba is a country in Latin America and speaks Spanish.

Many Cubans, however, view themselves as more Caribbean than Latin American, since their country is an island in the Caribbean.

Because of this, many Cubans identify as Hispanic rather than Latino.

Overall, though, people of Cuban ancestry can be referred to by either term.
Cubans could be categorized as both Hispanic and Latino because Cuba is a country in Latin America and speaks Spanish."

Are Cubans Hispanic Or Latino? - Havana Guide

Thank you, an excellent synopsis. My main point was that it is ridiculous to point to the Miami voting as typical for all hispanics. The same would be true if you asked the hispanic population in southern California about the Cuban immigration exception (if they can get their feet on US soil they have to be allowed in).

Reactions: NCFisher

VN Store

Back