Israel vs Palestinians

If I were the president of the university I would permit protests that involved these clowns self-immolation. Outside of that not interested in putting up with their tantrums.
You would allow in a public area outside which didn't interfere with other's movements?

Reactions: Vol8188
This display of hate, anger, and fear from both sides on college campuses should iterate how herculean the task is to bring peace to the region. Here's why: if college students in America who have a pretty good life, who don't live over there under constant stress of attacks from IDF or Hamas, and who (should) have freedom of speech to voice unpopular views cannot devolve into attacking each other, then the deck is incredibly stacked against the people living in the middle east.
The dynamic goes much deeper than simple 'security', or 'live and let live', or confining different people to protected lands. It's a quagmire of near-unsolvable issues. Unfortunately, all of us will go to our graves without any long term improvement in the middle east. The best we can hope for is America will get our nose out of their fight.
One could draw a parallel between those events in Westwood and the real Middle East. One side was demonstrating and basically minding their own business while another faction brought violence into play by attacking those demonstrating. Meanwhile the powers who would be able to prevent and stop the violence apparently had no interest in doing so and favored the aggressor by letting it proceed unimpeded.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad and NashVol11
It seems a lot of people just want to forget or ignore what happened on October 7th.
No one has forgotten about October 7th. It was a Hamas terrorist act that targeted Israeli civilians.

That was a 9/11 event to Israel.
That is a stretch. I understand thar one death is one death too many, so I'm not minimizing the event. But let us keep in mind that a significant number of those killed on that day were killed by the Israelis.

I'd argue even worse considering some of acts of violence that was carried out that day.
You mean those "acts of violence" that were proven to be false or exaggerated?

I've seen enough of this guy to know he is a hack who attempts to come off as a journalist. If he states he is a leftist then we can move on instead of trying to deceive people that he provides unbiased info.
He makes his position pretty clear. I haven't noticed him being a hack or a loon. He makes some good points in his arguments.

Reactions: NashVol11
Yeah, why has Israel been hated throughout time by the world? A tiny nation, as big as Delaware or Rhode Island, yet most nations hate them. Why do pagan colleges hate Israel and jews? Israel is proof that God is real. No other group of people has gone through what Israel and the Jewish people have gone through for centuries.
When given the choice to pardon Barabbas or Jesus on Passover, who did they choose?

Where was this heavy handed police presence in 2020 when actual riots and devastation was going on? The protesters in Minneapolis literally burned a police precinct and the cops stood down.

I don't care if you are on the left or right of this issue, but you all are going to have to reconcile this.

Where was this heavy handed police presence in 2020 when actual riots and devastation was going on? The protesters in Minneapolis literally burned a police precinct and the cops stood down.

I don't care if you are on the left or right of this issue, but you all are going to have to reconcile this.
Those cops were never going to get in the way of the George Floyd riots.

Some call that "street justice."

In some parts of the country that's also known as the transitional phase of ******* around to finding out.
No indication it was provoked which makes it neither of those things. The violence was in one direction

No one has forgotten about October 7th. It was a Hamas terrorist act that targeted Israeli civilians.

That is a stretch. I understand thar one death is one death too many, so I'm not minimizing the event. But let us keep in mind that a significant number of those killed on that day were killed by the Israelis.

From CNN of all organizations…

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
He has to provide pizza and beer too. Otherwise he's denying my basic human rights.
I saw something like that on TV. It's like not getting read your Miranda rights. They can't prosecute you, no matter what you did, if they don't read those rights.

Juice boxes and lunchables are part of your human rights but it's not quite like Miranda. They don't have to offer those, but they can't deny them. If you demand but don't get your human rights, you like, can't be punished for anything you did.

And hey, since we've all got the right to vote, let's dress up and conflate ourselves with an inequity 60 years ago that none of us have actually experienced.

If we get our cosplay right, our struggle will be retweeted endlessly.

The "acts of violence" by Hamas were not false or exaggerated, as many Hamas supporters would like for people to believe. In fact, the Hamas attackers had handbooks on them instructing them about rape, murder and hostage taking. These were found on the bodies of dead Hamas raiders. Accounts by the people that responded to these attacks describe some of the most disturbing violent acts in human history. Individuals that deny the facts of the Hamas attacks are clearly either motivated by a terrible agenda or truly delusional. Either way, nothing said by those individuals is worthy of consideration.

No indication it was provoked which makes it neither of those things. The violence was in one direction
These same tactics were used by the occupy, anti anti fascists and during the BLM riots. I don't condone any of them. But people are fed up on every side.

They should consider themselves lucky - if I were in charge, that encampment would be getting a steady dose of aerosol'd liquid ass sprayed into them. IYKYK

I'd also only allow spicy burritos and sushi from unpermitted, uninspected sketchy ass food trucks as sustenance. No water bottles, only warm, overly diluted red kool-aid served in 70's style pitchers into absurdly small wax paper cups.

Additionally, I'd blare "Raspberry Beret" by Prince and "Cotton Eye'd Joe" on loops at ear splitting levels 24/7.

Let them protest.

VN Store

Back