Israel vs Palestinians

I don't disagree she's rattled but I don't see the clearing of an occupied building and encampment as overreacting. I think it's odd to think it's okay to just let that happen without consequence along with the corresponding total disruption to university operations. There is zero justification to let it continue. Protest can occur without occupation and the disruption. There is zero right to occupy, obstruct or disrupt.
She doesn't seem to be managing the situation but just doing what she thinks will bring the least heat to her. She's not leading.

Reactions: NashVol11
Oh yes we love when the state sends a giant and unnecessary army of riot cops at unarmed students

It would have been very irresponsible to send officers into that situation not prepared for every possible angle. They went in and acted professionally by all accounts I've seen.

It seems like you want the students there occupying a building they didn't have a right to be in. I know you champion the Palestinian cause, but everyone has to respect and follow the law.

She doesn't seem to be managing the situation but just doing what she thinks will bring the least heat to her. IOW she's not leading.

I don't disagree but I don't think she had much choice given earlier choices she made. Calling in NYPD was the right move given where the situation had gotten to. Her poor leadership prior got us to this point.

I'm not sure if I understand the "block list for support of genocide" thing you are speaking about. I was just pointing out that some people are so misguided that no one should pay attention to any of their spouted drivel.
He's posted a few times about not seeing several replies in this thread because he blocked the 'genocide' supporters, but then later replied to those posters in other threads.

I in no way was literaly implying you're an actual genocide supporter, it was more a tongue in cheek acknowledgment of the veracity of your sources.

Did your know that the Israelis forcibly sterilized all the Ethiopian jews once though? Just ask him. He'll provide you a Russian sourced article written with a fictatious ghost name to prove it.

They should consider themselves lucky - if I were in charge, that encampment would be getting a steady dose of aerosol'd liquid ass sprayed into them. IYKYK

I'd also only allow spicy burritos and sushi from unpermitted, uninspected sketchy ass food trucks as sustenance. No water bottles, only warm, overly diluted red kool-aid served in 70's style pitchers into absurdly small wax paper cups.

Additionally, I'd blare "Raspberry Beret" by Prince and "Cotton Eye'd Joe" on loops at ear splitting levels 24/7.

Let them protest.
Slow down there, Genghis.

It would have been very irresponsible to send officers into that situation but prepared for every possible angle. They went in and acted professionally by so accounts I've seen.

It seems like you want the students there occupying a building they didn't have a right to be in. I know you champion the Palestinian cause, but everyone has to respect and follow the law.

Yep - where are all the reports of police abuse from last night? Seems a very professional operation that ended the situation in a way that limited negative outcomes.

I've yet to see an alternative option that would have been as successful. The size of the force was based on expertise for how to handle a situation like this.

Where was this heavy handed police presence in 2020 when actual riots and devastation was going on? The protesters in Minneapolis literally burned a police precinct and the cops stood down.

I don't care if you are on the left or right of this issue, but you all are going to have to reconcile this.

That is a $ million question. I think there is more than one answer but we both know that.

No way the prominent Jewish Senator took the Israel side, next you’ll tell me former NYPD cop Eric Adams backs the NYPD’s actions
It doesn't matter what side he took....... Was his statement correct or not?

Are you really going to tell me you support the idea of suspending laws if you believe or agree with the cause? If so there's a bunch of people from Jan 6 we need to hook you up with.

Reactions: jp1 and volfanhill
I don't disagree she's rattled but I don't see the clearing of an occupied building and encampment as overreacting. I think it's odd to think it's okay to just let that happen without consequence along with the corresponding total disruption to university operations. There is zero justification to let it continue. Protest can occur without occupation and the disruption. There is zero right to occupy, obstruct or disrupt.
These objective standards of proper behavior don't go over too well, here.

It doesn't matter what side he took....... Was his statement correct or not?

Are you really going to tell me you support the idea of suspending laws if you believe or agree with the cause? If so there's a bunch of people from Jan 6 we need to hook you up with.
That building has been occupied by student protestors like 7 other times without all this pearl clutching so no, his statement is not correct

He's posted a few times about not seeing several replies in this thread because he blocked the 'genocide' supporters, but then later replied to those posters in other threads.

I in no way was literaly implying you're an actual genocide supporter, it was more a tongue in cheek acknowledgment of the veracity of your sources.

Did your know that the Israelis forcibly sterilized all the Ethiopian jews once though? Just ask him. He'll provide you a Russian sourced article written with a fictatious ghost name to prove it.
Ok, I feel like an idiot now 🤣 I didn't think of "blocked" as in blocking ones posts. It's pretty easy to see which folks are either totally agenda driven and/or just plain stupid.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
That building has been occupied by student protestors like 7 other times without all this pearl clutching so no, his statement is not correct
Did they break in and destroy school property?

Well we did it in the past.............. You're going to have to come up with a better argument than that....... After all at one time they didn't allow women or minorities.

Those happened more at CCNY, which is right down the street from Columbia:

I'm not even sure what you're trying to do with this as your reply. It isn't correlation or causation with the Columbia NYPD event. It is a separate school and separate event.

25 people arrested. No reports of students beaten.

Last edited:
Reactions: 85SugarVol
Did they break in and destroy school property?

Well we did it in the past.............. You're going to have to come up with a better argument than that....... After all at one time they didn't allow women or minorities.
Yes. What did you think occupying meant? They’ve seized the building, barricaded it with furniture, even kept the dean from leaving in 1968 and those are all protests Columbia (and many others) now celebrate.

Bold is an insane reach that makes it seem like you’re just grasping for any argument on that side, whether or not it has any merit

VN Store

Back