Israel vs Palestinians

I don't think anyone in this thread has said every protestor should always have full immunity or anything close to that, rather that it is a bad look for the school to have an excessive number of cops flooding their campus (and in the case of UCLA, shooting with rubber bullets etc.) that they called on their own students

Asked to leave. They refused.

Destroyed property and then asked to leave. They refused.

Informed them they have to leave or will be removed. They refused.

Harassed Jewish students and Jewish sympathizers, asked to leave again. They refused.

5 of these "protesters" surrounded and attacked a female Jewish student, rendering her unconscious. Asked to leave the area again, they refused.

How many opportunities must be given to these individuals? The protest ended when the beatings began.

Not difficult at all to make an argument that us not sending money to Israel is more just than the current situation. It also doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the CRM anyway for King's words to apply. Did he make that rule or did you?

You clearly did not, between acting like "being on the side of law and order" matters above all else and waiting for a black-and-white moral issue with an accompanying "protest" that fits neatly within the boundaries set by police and the state, you are the exact -- to a T -- person he was talking about in that letter

Except I'm not on the side of law and order above so else. I'm on their side within reason. And it's really easy, protest but don't steal or destroy other people's property. Don't infringe on the rights of others...........

I'm not the person he was talking about despite your attempts to shoehorn me into something I'm not. It seems like you are arguing from the same faulty logic as many of the protesters..... "If you're not with us you're against us." If so it's just plain juvenile.

Why are you defensive? At Columbia, 80/112 were students and that includes arrests "inside and outside Hamilton Hall," which could mean anything.

They pulled in a lot of external numbers to come up with "nearly half," which people like you misremember as "more than half." That's the whole point. Stating the actual accurate Columbia number shouldn't make you defensive unless you care about tribalism more than truth

Asked to leave. They refused.

Destroyed property and then asked to leave. They refused.

Informed them they have to leave or will be removed. They refused.

Harassed Jewish students and Jewish sympathizers, asked to leave again. They refused.

5 of these "protesters" surrounded and attacked a female Jewish student, rendering her unconscious. Asked to leave the area again, they refused.

How many opportunities must be given to these individuals? The protest ended when the beatings began.
We just repeating dispelled rumors as fact now?

Except I'm not on the side of law and order above so else. I'm on their side within reason.
These are the exact people he is talking about lol. "Within reason" always excludes whatever the current protest is

I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;"

Reactions: EasternVol
Why are you defensive? At Columbia, 80/112 were students and that includes arrests "inside and outside Hamilton Hall," which could mean anything.

They pulled in a lot of external numbers to come up with "nearly half," which people like you misremember as "more than half." That's the whole point. Stating the actual accurate Columbia number shouldn't make you defensive unless you care about tribalism more than truth
Uuuuhhhh
Nobody is defensive.
I just don’t care what you think or if we converse anymore.

Isn't the final number arrested still somewhat arbitrary to compile data from?

I think it was the Texas protest, I watched a clip where the bulk of a group of kids made a business decision when a group of officers formed a line and moved in.

The officers didn't chase them down like a roundup. It wasn't just or specifically the protesters emboldened enough to face arrest that neccessitated the police break it up.

If I were personally effected by a protest, I'd want the cops to go for the ones with bongo drums.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
SMH. One Palestinian / Hamas sympathizer can clack off a vest at the protest and this guy on twitter would ask if it really happened.
Why do you think this hasn't been verified or reported by anyone reputable?

Her own words were, “My sister’s flag fell on the floor… I was going in to try and get it, and when I was down getting her flag I was shoved down to the ground and I fell back hitting my head.”

You can see in the video that she crouches down presumably to pick up the flag, gets pulled back by her own people and falls backwards.

Why do you think this hasn't been verified or reported by anyone reputable?

Her own words were, “My sister’s flag fell on the floor… I was going in to try and get it, and when I was down getting her flag I was shoved down to the ground and I fell back hitting my head.”

You can see in the video that she crouches down presumably to pick up the flag, gets pulled back by her own people and falls backwards.

More dispelled rumors from the LA NBC affiliate?

Last edited:
I don't think anyone in this thread has said every protestor should always have full immunity or anything close to that, rather that it is a bad look for the school to have an excessive number of cops flooding their campus (and in the case of UCLA, shooting with rubber bullets etc.) that they called on their own students
Would you have preferred sending a much smaller response in?

Do you remember what happened just the other day when pro-Pal’s surrounded a couple of jumpy cops?
In an outside setting….
During the day….

Send a small unit into an overrun building. At night.

And let a couple of jumpy cops get surrounded by masked rioters in there.

You’d be screaming bloody murder over what very likely could have happened next.

Would you have preferred sending a much smaller response in?

Do you remember what happened just the other day when pro-Pal’s surrounded a couple of jumpy cops?
In an outside setting….
During the day….

Send a small unit into an overrun building. At night.

And let a couple of jumpy cops get surrounded by masked rioters in there.

You’d be screaming bloody murder over what very likely could have happened next.
While understand the point you're making, I also think that "we are sending way too many cops because if we send too few, our cops will fully abandon their duties and just start shooting" is a pretty dubious justification

While understand the point you're making, I also think that "we are sending way too many cops because if we send too few, our cops will fully abandon their duties and just start shooting" is a pretty dubious justification
They were clearly erring on the side of too many vs too few. And for good reason.

The NYPD had no idea what waited for them inside that building.
And if they had been surrounded - they would have responded.

A smaller force is likely greeted much differently than the actual force that was sent.

They were clearly erring on the side of too many vs too few. And for good reason.

A smaller force is likely greeted much differently than the actual force that was sent.
It’s moronic that this is an argument

I think NY is just ran by mean conservatives who are on the wrong side of history

VN Store

Back