Israel vs Palestinians

Again, you are so wrapped up in the past 70 years + the present day that you can't fathom a different future. That's fine.
That’s actually the opposite of what I just said.
Even Egypt would prefer a peaceful existence with Israel. Where was Egypt in the last 70 years on this issue?
I get that you think we’re still living under that dynamic but the mood is shifting and new feelings are towards peace with Israel. Remind me how many countries have come to the aid of the people of Gaza?
How many are taking their refugees?

I wonder why nobody wants them?

@PKT_VOL
I am surprised you went with that weak “you’re just…” argument to justify why we disagree. I honestly thought you were better than that.

The conflict between the Palestinians and the Israeli's doesn't apply or even deserve to be in the same room with these statements regarding justice and the civil rights movement.

Hamas would murder any and everyone, even is own people, to further their agenda. The Palestinians have the dubious distinction of giving them this power. While I agree killing Palestinians is horrible there isn't clear justice to be had. In fact many Israeli's feel the Palestinians are receiving their justice. Just as many Palestinians felt Jews were getting their justice on 10/7.

Please don't associate King and his quote regarding justice to the stinking pile of shat going on in Gaza.
“I agree killing Palestinians is horrible, but there is simply no clear way (for example…not killing them) to achieve justice. In fact, Israelis feel that killing Palestinians (which I just said is horrible) IS justice.”

Lol alright. If your opinion is this conviction-less drivel that’s fine, just don’t lecture people on MLK when you clearly didn’t get his message. Many people at the time didn't see "clear justice" in the Civil Rights Movement either, those people just got awfully quiet when public opinion shifted away from them

Last edited:
“I agree killing Palestinians is horrible, but there is simply no clear way (for example…not killing them) to achieve justice. In fact, Israelis feel that killing Palestinians (which I just said is horrible) IS justice.”

Lol alright. If your opinion is this conviction-less drivel that’s fine, just don’t lecture people on MLK when you clearly didn’t get his message. Many people at the time didn't see "clear justice" in the Civil Rights Movement either, those people just got awfully quiet when public opinion shifted away from them
There is no justice in this conflict as you stated beyond them not killing each other...... Something neither side is willing or able to do....... So as I stated there is and will be no justice.

And that's exactly why you can't compare these two movements or lump them together. I got MLK's message just fine, maybe the one not getting it isn't me?

Reactions: Orangeslice13
There is no justice in this conflict as you stated beyond them not killing each other...... Something neither side is willing or able to do....... So as I stated there is and will be no justice.

And that's exactly why you can't compare these two movements or lump them together. I got MLK's message just fine, maybe the one not getting it isn't me?
Not difficult at all to make an argument that us not sending money to Israel is more just than the current situation. It also doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the CRM anyway for King's words to apply. Did he make that rule or did you?

You clearly did not, between acting like "being on the side of law and order" matters above all else and waiting for a black-and-white moral issue with an accompanying "protest" that fits neatly within the boundaries set by police and the state, you are the exact -- to a T -- person he was talking about in that letter

Not difficult at all to make an argument that us not sending money to Israel is more just than the current situation. It also doesn't have to be a carbon copy of the CRM anyway for King's words to apply. Did he make that rule or did you?

You clearly did not, between acting like "being on the side of law and order" matters above all else and waiting for a black-and-white moral issue with an accompanying "protest" that fits neatly within the boundaries set by police and the state, you are the exact -- to a T -- person he was talking about in that letter
I'm actually ok with someone protesting however they want. They should just not be surprised if they are charged to the fullest extent of the law, if they are physically removed from and area they dont have a legal right to access, or if there are broader ramifications (getting expelled).

I'm actually ok with someone protesting however they want. They should just not be surprised if they are charged to the fullest extent of the law, if they are physically removed from and area they dont have a legal right to access, or if there are broader ramifications (getting expelled).
Protest away. Protest is supposed to draw attention.
Do it big, if you want.

The Founders feared execution for their protestations.

But there is no immunity for crimes committed during the act. It doesn’t work that way.

Do it big, if you want.

But there is no immunity for crimes committed during the act. It doesn’t work that way.
100%. And there are a multitude of ways to do it that dont involve breaking the law

I'm actually ok with someone protesting however they want. They should just not be surprised if they are charged to the fullest extent of the law, if they are physically removed from and area they dont have a legal right to access, or if there are broader ramifications (getting expelled).I don
Do it big, if you want.

I don't think anyone in this thread has said every protestor should always have full immunity or anything close to that, rather that it is a bad look for the school to have an excessive number of cops flooding their campus (and in the case of UCLA, shooting with rubber bullets etc.) that they called on their own students

VN Store

Back