It Seems like a theme is emerging from these bowls.

They got it right with Bama, Texas and Michigan. They are all conference winners. Zero problem with that. What happened against UGA doesn’t matter. An undefeated P5 champ sjould always get into the playoffs. No question. What the committee did has never happened before and likely won’t happen again.

Simply put the committee got the FSU decision wrong. If you disagree how would you feel if we’re TN in the same situation? Would you just be ok with it?
BOT, I gave you a like for simply being up at this hour, which is the beauty of this place, this board. But Florida St did not belong in the playoffs. They just didn’t. Emotional fanbases did not and should not matter, by the existing criteria. Yes I would have been pissed, but that doesn’t mean I’m right. Neutral parties will decide under this criteria, and that will always be debatable. Are they hypocritical, of course. But the bottom line is that Florida St has proven they didn’t belong, and that was their gut feeling (if you believe what they preach) and I think that was validated today. Alabama is better than them, period.

yep… and Florida State without their starting QB and barely able to field a team with all the optouts… but all fans will see is the embarrassing beat down which is not indicative of what the game could have been.
Its exactly what it would have been. End of story Geogia was always going to roll FSU. Fools gold. FSU is not the same level

I'll admit upfront I hate Missouri but anyone who thinks they showed up by beating Ohio State would have to be a Missouri fan..

If OSU had their regular QB, they would have blown them out! Even with OSU's defense having to stay on the field all night, Mo could only put up 2 td's..

You are making nothing more than assumptions. You are just assuming Michigan would have blown them out. I bet you would have assumed UGA would have blown out Missouri, Vandy, Georgia Tech, Auburn and South Carolina. Did they? No they didn’t.

There are no guaranteed outcomes. That’s why the games are played. What FSU did in the regular season earned them the right to have a chance in the playoffs. Now, is it likely they would lose to Michigan? Yes. But who knows? Harken back to what, 2018 I think? Ohio State was #3 playing unranked Perdue. Guess what? Perdue stomped a mud hole in them. Anything can happen.

You and others who continue to think that FSU didn’t deserve a spot in the playoffs because of this UGA game are just demonstrably wrong. You are advocating punishing a team for having a great season. If the same thing happened to TN, you would be calling the CFP committee a fraud. Which they are.
Did you see the UGA/FSU game? I guess not. Regarding FSU deserving to be in the playoff, to paraphrase Clint Eastwood as Will Penny: "Deserves got nothing to with it!" The committee was charged with putting the best 4 teams in the playoff. They did a pretty good job of that.

UGA is making the CFP selection committee look like geniuses. FSU may want to re-evaluate their gripes about being out. Looks like they shouldn’t even be playing in this game.

That being said, a lot of football lef….. whoops. Nevermind.
FSU had opt outs, UGA did not. Worthless bowl game to assess either team.

Did you see the UGA/FSU game? I guess not. Regarding FSU deserving to be in the playoff, to paraphrase Clint Eastwood as Will Penny: "Deserves got nothing to with it!" The committee was charged with putting the best 4 teams in the playoff. They did a pretty good job of that.
You mean the game where FSU had all of the opt outs and UGA had none? FSU had nothing to play for in that game. Their season was screwed by the committee in their eyes. Even their fans did not show up.

Reactions: TN1111 and 007Racer
In Ohio St's defense, they were playing their 3rd string QB and MH Jr didn't play. If Ohio St had their starters not opting out or transfer, Ohio St beats the Brakes off Mizzou

I doubt that. Mizzou was the better team before any opt outs, At QB, RB, AND WR. Osu plays ONE game per season, and Can't seem to win that one lately.

UGA is making the CFP selection committee look like geniuses. FSU may want to re-evaluate their gripes about being out. Looks like they shouldn’t even be playing in this game.

That being said, a lot of football lef….. whoops. Nevermind.
That game didn’t mean anything pertaining to the playoffs.
If they had been in the playoffs they would of had about 40 more players playing instead of opting Out.

Let Alabama play UGA with half their starters and backups out including Milroe and you have the exact same thing.
A 50 point + loss.

Reactions: 007Racer
i watched Unforgiven three days ago for the first time in over a decade - favorite Western ever. Btw, it's Will Munny instead of Penny. Easy to confuse because of the movie Will Penny starring Charlton Heston.

"I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned."

Arch Manning made 3.2 million this year and played around 5 snaps. Brock Purdy with the 49ers is making $870,000 thus year.

This only shows in high relief the stupidity of college football and its crazy, absurd boosters these days, and that Purdy is way underpaid, of course.

FSU, with all its opt-outs playing, was not going to beat Georgia. The final score would have been less humiliating, but that's about
it.

The committee did well to leave out FSU but did not do well to leave out Georgia. Georgia is certainly one of the four best teams--maybe
the best---and should be int he playoff, though I'm not sure which of the four that got in you'd leave out.

Yes, the team that can pull together the money for the best team on bowl game day will probably win. A lot of teams were unable to afford the better players, coaches, and staff to prepare them for the bowl. Kinda sad watching some of the players who decided not to play standing around watching the younger players get their butts kicked because their teammates decided to ditch them. NCAA is little NFL these days. I enjoyed the lower tiered games more than the big name blowouts. Man FSU got a butt kicking. A double dose of badness for the 'noles this year.

Yes, the team that can pull together the money for the best team on bowl game day will probably win. A lot of teams were unable to afford the better players, coaches, and staff to prepare them for the bowl. Kinda sad watching some of the players who decided not to play standing around watching the younger players get their butts kicked because their teammates decided to ditch them. NCAA is little NFL these days. I enjoyed the lower tiered games more than the big name blowouts. Man FSU got a butt kicking. A double dose of badness for the 'noles this year.
I enjoyed the humiliation FSU took on the field. And sadly, Im glad Kirby stated that team that showed up for FSU couldn’t compete with us. Best on best, UGA still wins and may or may not cover the 20 point spread.

I'll admit upfront I hate Missouri but anyone who thinks they showed up by beating Ohio State would have to be a Missouri fan..

If OSU had their regular QB, they would have blown them out! Even with OSU's defense having to stay on the field all night, Mo could only put up 2 td's..
Marvin Harrison Jr was a far bigger loss than McCord

It’s line depth which will determine are success . QB can’t do it alone . Both offensive and defensive

We should start giving names to these bowls that reflect reality. Like the" Dukes Mayo Who's Left Bowl ", or the "Taxslayer All Freshmen Bowl". How about the "Autozone Nobody wanted me in the Portal" bowl ?
That’s funny right there

Reactions: onevol74
If he has a mediocre season...ugh, it will get ugly. The usual whiners will be out in force.CJH will take the brunt of it but Nico will not be spared.

Here's to hoping for a 10 win season amd maybe they will stay in their holes.
unfortunately whiners gonna whine. That’s what they do

The upper level SEC teams do seem to be "all that". Missouri whipped Ohio St. and Ole Miss is punking Penn St. The lower level SEC teams are falling short. I would expect to see Georgia, Bama, (stop! I'm kicking myself while writing this} Ole Miss, Missouri, and LSU above the line. Below that line are a lot of teams in transition and Vandy. I am expecting that we join that group above the line. This is a big game.
Well OSU was down to it's 3rd string QB, and Mizzou didn't score a point until the 4th qu. Not to mention Harrison wasn't playing also.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
I consider this a "transition" year for our program. If we win, it will be our best win of the season since we've not beaten a ranked team all year.
It might get weirdly better and worse. I was on the Newegg website, and clicked a hidden link. The CFB 2024 prognosis was there. It said the SECeast champs will Missouri, and the SECwest champ will be Ole Mississippi. It also said Tennessee will be in the CFS as a two loss team because we somehow managed to beat both Bama and Georgia despite losing to Florida and Kentucky. So I opted to go ahead and buy the Actiontec MyWirelessTV Multi-Room HD Video Kitthat's no longer sold there.

The cave is calling. You guys enjoy the game and preseason chatter. Least until I'm completely free to return and stir the pot, ok, not the pot, rather the cauldron. Got my eye of newt, tongue of toad, and rattlesnake rattle canned and ready for use.
1704042888568.png

Ohio State didn’t have a QB. Fl. State has an inexperienced QB. Lots of teams without players. To take anything from these bowls is a stretch.
Exactly.

Teams with lots of opt outs or jey opt outs have been terrible in bowls.

FSU - isn't the only one.
Oregon State had lots of opt outs and got blown out by Notre Dame.
Ohio State had key opt outs and could only score 3 points on Mizzou.
Etc.

So far the only teams with the opt out issues that won their bowls were Maryland and Clemson. Clemson starting running back, Will Shipley said he was making his draft decision after the Gator Bowl. Then he had a bad looking knee injury in the 4th quarter.

That makes the opt outs look smart.
More people will lio t to that if the the injury costs him a NFL career.

We should start giving names to these bowls that reflect reality. Like the" Dukes Mayo Who's Left Bowl ", or the "Taxslayer All Freshmen Bowl". How about the "Autozone Nobody wanted me in the Portal" bowl ?
Or the Citrus How the Hell Did We Make it Here Bowl?

VN Store

Back