It Seems like a theme is emerging from these bowls.

FSU, with all its opt-outs playing, was not going to beat Georgia. The final score would have been less humiliating, but that's about
it.

The committee did well to leave out FSU but did not do well to leave out Georgia. Georgia is certainly one of the four best teams--maybe
the best---and should be int he playoff, though I'm not sure which of the four that got in you'd leave out.
UGA is by far the best team in cfb right now pretty funny they are left out they'd bootyblast all these teams

I think people will be more forgiving than you think. I’m one of the ones that screamed for Nico mid season. I’m also realistic and understand he’s a true freshmen. I expect a few plays to excite me given his athleticism and hype. I’m also expecting a few plays to make me throw the remote as he makes some true freshmen mistakes. All in all I’d rather start working those kinks out now than later.
and he will need to stay injury free like Joe this year too. We don't have a backup except a walkon and a true freshman next year. The true freshman is going to have to grow up in a hurry just in case.

Man I hope so because Vols fans will run him out of Knoxville with the expectations now placed on him being a 5 star and amount of NIL money speculated to be given to him. Poor kid, that's a lot of pressure but I really hope so!
Poor kid my ass.

He better produce. He's a professional.

We need to leave Nico alone. Whatever happens on the 1st is not reflective on his future.

Unless he lights them up. Then he will be forever screwed.
I agree. But you know how lots of our fans are. Well most SEC fans are the same in our fans defense. lol

Arch Manning made 3.2 million this year and played around 5 snaps. Brock Purdy with the 49ers is making $870,000 thus year.
I'll bet Purdy will make significantly more than that purdy soon.

See what I did there?

The Heupel era is going to boom or bust on the arm, feet and mind of Nico Iamaleava.

Perhaps but not necessarily. If Nico plays well and shows a lot of promise this year, then I assume he'll stay and we should be OK. If he doesn't,
Heupel will have to make a decision about quarterback the following year--he might be compelled to go to the portal, and Nico might do the same. A huge number of top QB prospects like Nico have left the program they originally signed with after a couple of years. Unlike at programs like georgia, bama, ohio state and maybe a couple of others. where you've had multiple 5-star QBs competing for the starting job, Nico apparently has no real competition, for the time being. That probably means that he'll be given more time to prove himself---but in this conference, with the pressures on the overpaid coaches, he won't be given unlimited time. Heupel is not going to be sacked if Nico doesn't pan out and we have a poor or lackluster year---but the following year there would be real presure on him to get the QB position right and win games. In the absurd world of major-college football, nobody--neither players nor coaches--gets a lot of time to show they can perform and win. And with the portal the way it is, the prove-it time has been condensed even more.

Arch Manning made 3.2 million this year and played around 5 snaps. Brock Purdy with the 49ers is making $870,000 thus year.
According to Arch ask his father because he has no ideal he claims. They asked his father and his father Cooper says it's a lie and overblown by media he claims. But he did sign a low 6 figure deal with Panini America but I'm sure there's a lot more then just that.

According to Arch ask his father because he has no ideal he claims. They asked his father and his father Cooper says it's a lie and overblown by media he claims. But he did sign a low 6 figure deal with Panini America but I'm sure there's a lot more then just that.
Honestly Arch is one of the few freshman that I could see making big NIL if it was being used as intended because of his name and doing commercials with Eli and Peyton

We should start giving names to these bowls that reflect reality. Like the" Dukes Mayo Who's Left Bowl ", or the "Taxslayer All Freshmen Bowl". How about the "Autozone Nobody wanted me in the Portal" bowl ?
Participation bowls. Why are .500 teams even in bowls? Money Money Money. Teams should turn down the invites. Have a little pride.

Man I hope so because Vols fans will run him out of Knoxville with the expectations now placed on him being a 5 star and amount of NIL money speculated to be given to him. Poor kid, that's a lot of pressure but I really hope so!
There’s absolutely no doubt. I know how some on this board are

Reactions: CeJayVols
Yep, I've saw this bunch go from total accolades to basically booing ppl, so I hope he does great but even if he does at the marginal level like Joe, who had a decent year just not a QB that can carry a team. If Nico =Joe that would be good for a RS Freshman but I'm afraid it would still get a lot of heat from I want it all and I want it now crowd.

Reactions: CeJayVols
Ga has the most loaded roster in CFB. Most of FSU players told CFB to f itself. Cant blame them.
FSU had 24 not play for some reason or another basically playing with a scout team & true Freshman raw QB this game shouldn't have been played but they wanted the TV money and Ad $$$$ fans that bought tickets got suckered. I think if FSU admin could have figured out a way to opt out of game completely without losing major $$$ and reputation they would have but they figured just play let the scrubs get plastered.

Quote quote quote. Ignore ignore ignore. 1966, Just make your comment without pizzing on mine? Novel exercise in courtesy.

If Florida St players feel they got a kick in the groin by being left out of the play offs, why wouldn't this be a motivator for the players to stay and beat a good Georgia team to prove they deserved to be in the final 4 ? And why should Florida St players be sitting out at a higher rate than Georgia cause neither one playing for much more than a bowl win ?
Good points....UGA got slighted too. From being first place to out...winning 29 straight and winning the past 2 NCs and losing by 3 to Bama in a hard fought game. Seems Norvell was so upset he didn't care with players leaving....Kirby held them together.

I doubt that. Mizzou was the better team before any opt outs, At QB, RB, AND WR. Osu plays ONE game per season, and Can't seem to win that one lately.

OSU and Michigan each mostly play one ranked team per year. Inevitably the whole nation now sees when national championships were handed out by the national press the BIG10 did well winning national championships. The vaunted Bo and Woody exchanged NCs often with unworthy teams who never saw an SEC opponent.

Now that it's decided on the field the BIG10 pretty much has a bare cupboard winning one about as often as the PAC12 every now and then.

Don't worry the media keeps OSU, Michigan, and Notre Dame in the top ten as often as they can so they can hang around and perhaps get in the NC game and get trounced. The BIG10 was, is, and will remain a joke to the rest of the country when it comes to college football.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I read this morning that FSU had 20 opt outs and are playing their true freshman 3rd string QB that was thrown into the fire due to the starter getting hurt late in the season...then their backup transferring after the season.
Nothing…and I mean nothing.,,can be gleaned from FSU in the Georgia game. CLEARLY..:that was not even close to the FSU that played this season. And I’m not an FSU fan. It doesn’t take a football guru to see that.

But they didn't. Missou kicked the snot out of them, which, to be a bit mean, gives me a little kick to think about Herbstreet whimpering about the game.
For what it’s worth, Ohio State led 3-0 going into the 4th quarter. If Mizzou “kicked the snot out of them”, what did Georgia do to FSU?

Anybody that pulls for other SEC schools is a real LOSER. Basically means since their team can’t win Nattys they jump on whatever team from their conference can win it and pull for them , what Losers.

Did you see the UGA/FSU game? I guess not. Regarding FSU deserving to be in the playoff, to paraphrase Clint Eastwood as Will Penny: "Deserves got nothing to with it!" The committee was charged with putting the best 4 teams in the playoff. They did a pretty good job of that.
Will Munny.

That is one of the best movies ever made.

The Heupel era is going to boom or bust on the arm, feet and mind of Nico Iamaleava.
While this is true, I think a lot of us should understand that he's still a freshman QB, making his first ever start against a top 10 defense with all eyes on his performance. He's extremely talented and very well paid, but the odds of him struggling at times tomorrow are pretty high and the way he plays won't fully define his career here. That being said, I fully anticipate him to ball out. I'm just not sure that most of our fanbase is prepared to handle him throwing an interception with grace lol

Reactions: volfeeva
They got it right with Bama, Texas and Michigan. They are all conference winners. Zero problem with that. What happened against UGA doesn’t matter. An undefeated P5 champ sjould always get into the playoffs. No question. What the committee did has never happened before and likely won’t happen again.

Simply put the committee got the FSU decision wrong. If you disagree how would you feel if we’re TN in the same situation? Would you just be ok with it?
Yeah, if TN was in BAMA's position and didn't get in we'd all be pissed and raving about how ESPN hates the Vols. This argument cuts both ways.

While this is true, I think a lot of us should understand that he's still a freshman QB, making his first ever start against a top 10 defense with all eyes on his performance. He's extremely talented and very well paid, but the odds of him struggling at times tomorrow are pretty high and the way he plays won't fully define his career here. That being said, I fully anticipate him to ball out. I'm just not sure that most of our fanbase is prepared to handle him throwing an interception with grace lol
He's not a typical freshman. He's a well paid professional.

VN Store

Back