Its Offical - (buzz)

Let me see if this sounds right:

Jerry Green was let go because, although he went to the NCAA's each year and had good recruiting classes, his teams were highly undisciplined and he never had full control over the team; heading too much into the thug direction.

So UT hires Buzz Peterson. He ran a disciplined ball club that lost a lot of close games, but is being let go now because he's not a good recruiter and didn't get the team into the NCAA's?

When I explained this to a friend at work, he said, "That's why we're a football school."

And on the discipline issue, IF Rick Barnes comes to Knoxville (and I hope he doesn't), he'll make Jerry Green look like Bobby Knight.

When I explained this to a friend at work, he said, "That's why we're a football school."

hilarious

And on the discipline issue, IF Rick Barnes comes to Knoxville (and I hope he doesn't), he'll make Jerry Green look like Bobby Knight.

You think so?

Barnes isn't exactly known for being a total coach. He does a lot of things with a hands off approach (grades, classroom attendance, ect) and it can carryover onto the court (see his Clemson years). I think he's already lost one player this year from the Texas team due to grades.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Mar 14, 2005 11:54 PM
Barnes isn't exactly known for being a total coach. He does a lot of things with a hands off approach (grades, classroom attendance, ect) and it can carryover onto the court (see his Clemson years). I think he's already lost one player this year from the Texas team due to grades.

Who would your choice be at this point? Any idea?

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 14, 2005 11:25 PM
Clausen was good, but if Trooper Taylor had been his OC, he would've won the Heisman.

:dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

u are a stand up comedian arent u?

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 14, 2005 11:55 PM
Who would your choice be at this point? Any idea?

I stated before this all went down that unless there was a proven winner waiting in the wings, that getting rid of Buzz would just be a waste of money. UT mens b-ball is not at the level to attract a top calibur coach, leaving the best scenario to be another mid-major hire and hope for the best, kind of like what was done when Buzz was hired. If Buzz would have stayed UT was already 4 years down that road, now the program has to start all over. So no, I can't think of anyone that would be a good choice at this point.

But I'm not in favor of Rick Barnes coming to Knoxville.

I think if Hamilton pulled the trigger on Buzz he must think he can get a good replacement in here, but only time will tell. This really is an important hire.

What has Mike Anderson Proved???????

Answer SQUAT.

64-33 record in three seasons
he's only coached for 3 season, even less experienced than BUZZ.

I guess Watson and Lofton were bad recruits. T. Smith must be a bad signee. Recruiting Jamont Gordon was a waste of time he has no talent if Buzz recruited him. What about Crump, lazy yes, talented yes.

Firing Buzz and Hiring Mike Anderson would be assinine but typical of Tennessee basketball. Hey lets take the hot one now even if he has little or no experience and hope lightning strikes and we can say we got him cheap but if it don't then we can fire him in 4 years.

Volgolfer is correct in his statement
This post is classic gold.

I have to admit I was completely confused until I read the dates. Kudos Hat for the resurrection of a completely random thread :eek:lol:

Mike Anderson at Mizzou- 65-35.
Bruce Pearl at UT- 98-37.

Just saying....
This should keep this thread going.

Wait....Buzz Peterson was fired? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

Well at least we still have Fulmer and Delmonico.....

VN Store

Back