It's official. Lanier commits to Tennessee.

If English does become a hot commodity, I wonder if Tennessee would be more appealing or going back to his Alma at Missouri.
Yeah, I think it depends on the individual and how much that means to them, but Tennessee has to be the more appealing job, right? Having said that, Mizzou may come calling sooner, like in March.

Yeah, I think it depends on the individual and how much that means to them, but Tennessee has to be the more appealing job, right? Having said that, Mizzou may come calling sooner, like in March.

I think Missouri will give Gates at least 5 seasons.

I think Missouri will give Gates at least 5 seasons.
You may be right, but he will have to make the dance this year imo, or at least be on the bubble. I can’t see them bringing him back if they have a season like they did last year. You just can’t afford that anymore. Unless you’re Vandy, or Arkansas football.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Talent and production will always win out over seniority. If he's not the best player at his position, he will come off the bench.
Dunbar and Gainey would be a nice veteran scoring punch off the bench! Then we’ve got the development of our remaining 3 sophomores. Deep deep team with lots of options.

Reactions: ArdentVol
CRB worked a miracle in the portal and absolutely killed it! Went 4 out of 5 and completely overhauled the roster. (Tyson would have been nice but wouldn’t have had enough minutes to go around)

Added two of the most efficient scorers in CBB last year, a legitimate stretch 4, and then a rim protector!

I’m not going to lie I was thinking after that Purdue game that our team was going to take a huge step back without DK, but thank goodness I was wrong.

This group will go 9-10 deep, and we can get scoring from so many different places and in so many ways. It will take some time for Barnes to sort this out and develop a rotation, but it seems that there just aren't enough minutes to go around, which is a great problem to have going into the summer.

I don't know if I'm looking more forward to football or basketball season, and we've got a #1 baseball team about to go the college WS hopefully. I can't recall a time where everything was this good all around for UT sports.
And the best is still to come

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
This group will go 9-10 deep, and we can get scoring from so many different places and in so many ways. It will take some time for Barnes to sort this out and develop a rotation, but it seems that there just aren't enough minutes to go around, which is a great problem to have going into the summer.

I don't know if I'm looking more forward to football or basketball season, and we've got a #1 baseball team about to go the college WS hopefully. I can't recall a time where everything was this good all around for UT sports.
Late '90's if you ask me.

Reactions: hUTch2002

I feel the same way. I have a daughter at UT now. She loves sports. I tell her all the time to enjoy this. Tennessee has it going on in most sports at this point in time. I am loving it! Go Vols!!!

Watched the G league Elite game Lanier played in. Probably one of the most unselfish players on the floor. Was willing to screen, pass when very few others would, and didn't turn it over or force bad shots. When he is open, the chances are high that he will make a high % of shots IMO. Defensively he has alot to improve upon, but no one better to do that than Barnes.
High efficiency. I likey.

VN Store

Back