I've hesitated to post this thread, but someone has to speak out.

Yeah, you got me there. I am 100% against executing innocent people, I must confess. I feel so badly for wanting to prohibit folks from exercising their right to murder others.
Oh, so what do you recommend to do about America’s gun violence epidemic then?

What?
That jump is WORSE than the jump required to say "people who are against abortion want to go back to the days when women were the property of men and had no rights."

Plus, you seem to have conveniently overlooked the "TEAM OF DOCTORS" part.

Well, the folks in ancient times likely didn't have "a team of doctors" available for consultation. Maybe the local shaman.

Have parents teach their children to respect human life (sort of hard to do when the state condones the termination of nearly a million lives per year).

Require gun manufacturers to incorporate "smart" technology to require individual owner recognition in order to operate the weapon system.

Have parents teach their children to respect human life (sort of hard to do when the state condones the termination of nearly a million lives per year).

Require gun manufacturers to incorporate "smart" technology to require individual owner recognition in order to operate the weapon system.
Be careful, you’re intruding on personal liberties there. I very much doubt many of the gun owners here want smart technology on all their guns.

You’re more than welcome to teach about the sanctity of human life, that’s important. How about those of us who respect human life and believe that humans aren’t humans until about 24 weeks gestation (the point of viability)? Should your beliefs about when human life begins supersede mine? What right do you have to legislate your belief system on me and my family when I have a perfectly reasonable belief that dividing cells doesn’t become “alive” until it’s viable outside of gestation?

Why don’t you just stick with your beliefs, I’ll stick with mine, and keep your nose out of my personal business. Stop trying to impose your “morals” on people who don’t care to hear what you have to say on the matters that affect their life, and doesn’t affect yours.

Reactions: TN Ribs
Better parenting and discipline in schools. Firearms familiarization and safety instruction in schools. Quit excusing bad behavior as mental illness and prescribing drugs to kids.
In my line of work when you’re implementing some new solution to a problem it has to meet some requirements.

1. There has to be evidence it’s effective.
2. It has to be measurable in some way (quantitative)
3. It has to be tracked, aka it’s effectiveness has to be monitored and evaluated.
4. It has to be realistic as far as implementation, logistically, cost-effective, etc…
5. It has to be uniformly instituted, or else requirements 2&3 are moot.

I’m not saying your general ideas are bad, there are substance to them… but now I ask myself, how do we implement those proposed solutions meeting these requirements?

Arrest violent criminals and don’t let them out and increase suicide prevention programs since those two things make up 99% of gun violence

In my line of work when you’re implementing some new solution to a problem it has to meet some requirements.

1. There has to be evidence it’s effective.
2. It has to be measurable in some way (quantitative)
3. It has to be tracked, aka it’s effectiveness has to be monitored and evaluated.
4. It has to be realistic as far as implementation, logistically, cost-effective, etc…
5. It has to be uniformly instituted, or else requirements 2&3 are moot.

I’m not saying your general ideas are bad, there are substance to them… but now I ask myself, how do we implement those proposed solutions meeting these requirements?

My solution is proven to work since it worked for decades and decades.

Those of us who are old enough have seen the results of that approach and today's approach, and can confirm the earlier approach had better results.
It’s still an opinion based on personal anecdotes, no matter how old you are. Show me something measurable with appreciable association, and you have my attention.

It’s still an opinion based on personal anecdotes, no matter how old you are. Show me something measurable with appreciable association, and you have my attention.

If you want to dig you can find the statistics that show I’m correct.

Because everything should be politicized to keep you in power, right?
I'm still waiting on him, or anybody, to answer why this is bad for women's sports, but allowing men to pretend to be women so they can win isn't. Or, how it's wrong for the government to intervene in health choices here, but they were cheerleading it about the shot. Of course, being hypocritical in their beliefs because of politics, none will answer.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Because everything should be politicized to keep you in power, right?
What??? That's a nonsensical take.

I think that if a state legalizes slavery companies, organizations, groups, etc. should and would refuse to do business with that state.
Don't you?

Sigh.....just no.

So somehow killing babies is a right, but slavery is abhorrent. LOL
lol.....
I said nothing of the sort.

I was close to 100% positive you would misunderstand my post. In fact, I actually had included "make sure you think this through before responding with your immediate gut reaction because it is almost always wrong", but then deleted it.
and..
You didn't answer the question at the end of my post.....that's the key part.

lol.....
I said nothing of the sort.

I was close to 100% positive you would misunderstand my post. In fact, I actually had included "make sure you think this through before responding with your immediate gut reaction because it is almost always wrong", but then deleted it.
and..
You didn't answer the question at the end of my post.....that's the key part.
You don't have to 'say it' Chief. Errybody here with any kind of functioning brain knows what you are all about.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Be careful, you’re intruding on personal liberties there. I very much doubt many of the gun owners here want smart technology on all their guns.

You’re more than welcome to teach about the sanctity of human life, that’s important. How about those of us who respect human life and believe that humans aren’t humans until about 24 weeks gestation (the point of viability)? Should your beliefs about when human life begins supersede mine? What right do you have to legislate your belief system on me and my family when I have a perfectly reasonable belief that dividing cells doesn’t become “alive” until it’s viable outside of gestation?

Why don’t you just stick with your beliefs, I’ll stick with mine, and keep your nose out of my personal business. Stop trying to impose your “morals” on people who don’t care to hear what you have to say on the matters that affect their life, and doesn’t affect yours.

To answer your question about why my beliefs should supersede yours, it's because my beliefs are based upon science, reason, and legal precedents. I would think those reasons would be sufficient.

Your logic would have been embraced by slave owners in the 1800's to tell abolitionists to "mind their own business." If they wanted to believe that certain people were property rather than fully human, who was someone else to argue with an issue that "didn't affect them."

If buggy stickers had existed at the time, a popular one among slave owners would have read, "If you don't believe in slavery, don't own one." Sound familiar?

Are we to presume that you are also against people speaking out on topics that "don't affect them" such as poverty, child abuse, domestic abuse, rights of minorities, public education, etc.? You don't want others to "impose their 'morals' " upon others in those cases?

Better parenting and discipline in schools. Firearms familiarization and safety instruction in schools. Quit excusing bad behavior as mental illness and prescribing drugs to kids.

My high school offered ROTC with gun training.
I have not checked but I’d bet that doesn’t happen anymore

VN Store

Back